Tornado charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
A bit of a technical question that I am hoping that TW (Pillbox) or a Tornado user can answer.

The Tornado battery is rated/listed at 650mAh. The kit comes with an adapter so that you can charge the Tornado battery with a standard 510/Titan charger.

If I'm not mistaken, a standard 510/Titan charger only puts out something like 100-150mA. If that is true.. does it take like 6 hours to charge the Tornado battery on the standard 510/Titan charger?

Second part of the question.. is the wall charger that comes with the Tornado a "high output" charger that will charge the Tornado batteries quickly... or is it also a standard 510/Titan charger?

Anybody know?

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Does anyone know if the tornado battery will fit in a standard 510 battery charger? I'm looking to just order a battery and a cover and use my own atty, carts and chargers. Or do I need one of these adaptors to charge it in the 510 charger?

TORNADO-Battery-Mains Charger Adaptor

*Edit*

Nevermind, I know I need an adaptor.

Last edited:

lavalamp

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Missoula, MT
I ordered my kit Weds morning and it arrived in the mail Friday, Jan 22, around noon. The charger that came in the kit is a standard Titan/510 charger. The kit also came with the adapter for the Tornado. I used the same battery for the rest of Friday and all day Saturday until it ran out of power at about 8pm. It took about 5.5 hours to fully recharge using the charger and adapter supplied with the Tornado kit.

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA
The charger that comes in the kit is a regular Titan charger with an adapter to charge the Tornado.

If you do buy the TORNADO-Mega Powered USB Charger, you need to keep in mind that it will NOT work with the Titan batteries. It will blow (fry) the Titan batteries. TW will not cover any battery that is charged with this charger other than the Tornado.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Will it hurt the batt if it stays on the charger overnight? Say a batt goes dead at nine PM and you put it on the wall charger and take it off the next morning around six or seven. That kind of thing.

I just received my Tornado this afternoon. It took 1:35 min to charge it and start vaping. It's a really, really nice unit. It's only about 1/4 inch longer than a reg 510 batt, atty and cart. I'm so glad I now have a batt that will last longer than a couple hours.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread