Tornado WEEK 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I have to put in my 2 cents..I had a Tornado for 2 months. After 7 days, one of the battery buttons started sticking, and it died about 7 weeks out, then the other battery died a week later. I contacted TW, and was told that the warranty was for 2 months. As the batts. are not changeable, I deem it a waste of money for the cost. If I decide to order one of these again, it will be an Ego from Janty, as they have a longer warranty period. I loved it while it lasted, and the cone makes a difference..but it would be much better if you could swap out the batts. on it at that price.

I think TW is a rip-off joint as it is. I had problems with them myself and so have lots of others.

Parked at Dietsmokes warranties his Egos for six months.

:)

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I got a Tornado kit plus an extra battery from TW six weeks ago yesterday. I haven't touched any of my mods since so I could get a realistic read on battery life. I had the three batteries in rotation and for the first five weeks, they were spectacular. One charged battery would last me all day so over the five week period, each battery was charged 12 times. On a couple of occasions, I tried like Hell to drain a battery before going to bed and couldn't do it. During this time period, the batteries seemed to pretty much hold their charges, with performance at the end of the day seemingly equal to performance at the beginning of the day on a fresh charge.

This past week, there has been a noticeable drop off in performance. I've hit the battery cut-off point daily and there is a noticeable decrease in power throughout the day, so vapor production is less. Still, to get a few good hours out of these batteries is excellent compared to the vaping time realized with a regular 510 battery.

I've ordered four new batteries and will use the ones I have as back ups. If these died today, my daily cost for batteries is approximately $1.50. Considering the excellent, hassle-free vaping that comes with these batteries, it's a bargain. It has been an adjustment to not have to screw around with charging batteries all day long and keeping track of what battery is where when.

Finally, I've had no issues with sticking battery buttons or anything else. I've taken good care of these things, though they've all been dropped a few times. They have performed flawlessly and exceeded my expectations in every regard. I look forward to the next giant leap forward.

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Saturday will be 6 weeks for me, and I still haven't had a problem with my batteries. I feel for those who have, its one less thing you want to deal with while quitting smoking. They both seem to be operating as well as they did the first day. I am very busy during the day so if there has been a change maybe I haven't noticed it?..We will see.

I did have problems with the TW attys I got with the kit. They just stopped producing good vapor really early on. About a week ago I pulled the bridge out of one I haven't used in a month. Brand new, no problems whatsoever. It pulls great every time, no hassles. If any of you haven't seen this mod you have to try it...Obviously it makes the atty drip only but its totally worth it. I can't remember who posted the video on here, sadly, but its very easy to do..

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Actually here is an update:

The "Janty" products Eastmall has, are ILLEGAL.

I have checked up on this now with Joyetech, and they have not, and will not produce for them.

One thing is rebranding - ofcourse i dont know all of the shops that do rebrand as i have other things to attend to - but this just turned into a serious matter.

We have given Eastmall a 48 hour warning, before we will take legal action, seeing as those products are our copyrighted, and patented products - and take it from there.

So - if you hear people speaking about those products, please do warn them: We know now, for a fact, that the PCB onboard is crap and that the units they are selling could very well be dangerous as their safety mechanism are poor at best. And then ofcourse, they arent original products.

So now you know!

Uh, you might want to do a little research on this one...

B.S., lies, and gross exaggerations like what Mik posted are the exact reason why I will never, repeat NEVER buy a product from Janty. Ever.

Uncle JaR

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Pittsburgh
To be honest, I havent had any problems at all with mine. I got mine about three weeks ago, still on the first atty, and i change batteries once a day. I am a heavy vaper, but i must admit, my 601 bears a majority of the use in the car. But each night while at school, or sitting at home, all i use is the tornado. I got mine from TW but have not had any of the issues that I've seen others are having. That sucks, I'm starting to think more and more that I must be one of the lucky ones.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
do you find them to last longer since they are 750 mah?
p.s. i love Hugh Laurie he is great

I really can't say with any authority that they are lasting longer than "similar units". There are just too many variables in my "vaping day" to properly quantify what should be a ~15% increase in capacity.

Last edited:

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
B.S., lies, and gross exaggerations like what Mik posted are the exact reason why I will never, repeat NEVER buy a product from Janty. Ever.

That is a strong accusation. What is it based on exactly? I remember seeing this in the Janty forum, but Mik's response seemed appropriate to me at the time.

What am I missing?

MartinM

Apr 25, 2010
I'm finding it a little (very little) annoying to have to remove the cone to clean everything up once I flood my atty. Which I do. A lot. :confused:. But I suppose I need to be more careful, lol.

Then don't the the cone. You get better air flow without it. The cone needs some holes in. I modded one with good results. Study how the cone attaches and you'll realize why this is.

I only use the cone to transport it for rigidity.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
Keeping my fingers crossed. I ordered the Tornado over the weekend and it shipped today. I can honestly say that I've ordered the Multi pack 510 attys from TW and all of them worked and still work. I bought them several times so I have spares. My wife vapes
as well and we started her sister vaping. That's the reason I've ordered so many. We have given quite a few away. I also bought the Multi battery packs and have had zero doas. I know there is no warranty. I guess TW is going to change the way they sell them and provide a stronger warranty. I guess what I'm saying is that I have been lucky as well. I just hope that luck continues with my new Tornado.

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Then don't the the cone. You get better air flow without it. The cone needs some holes in. I modded one with good results. Study how the cone attaches and you'll realize why this is.

I only use the cone to transport it for rigidity.

Yeah the more I use it the less I mind, lol. Still running great! I haven't had a single headache or nic fit using this PV. It just works..every time. I love it still and I'm goin on 7 weeks I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread