Tornado WEEK 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Wow woodman, very good idea! Never thought of that...lol. Ahhh the learning curve. Sometimes I think its taking me a while :-/ lol. Also the rip the bridge out method is great isn't it? lol who'd a thunk it?

Domino, I'm not sure if it's Joye or not. I got them from TW and I'm not sure who their supplier is. I'm about to place an order at cignot as we speak.

Flingitnow, I'd go with Dominos advice. It's the same EN-I as far as I know, just with a better warranty. Also the eGo doesn't have the little devil on the end of the battery. But it's still a great PV for me. The only real issue I have is the first two attys. But they'll end up getting gutted and dripped til they go cold on me anyhow! lol.

missyjo919

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
Indiana
tornado?......wait a week and get east mall- Riva;) 60.00 many improvments!:thumb:

Uh, you might want to do a little research on this one...
Actually here is an update:

The "Janty" products Eastmall has, are ILLEGAL.

I have checked up on this now with joyetech, and they have not, and will not produce for them.

One thing is rebranding - ofcourse i dont know all of the shops that do rebrand as i have other things to attend to - but this just turned into a serious matter.

We have given Eastmall a 48 hour warning, before we will take legal action, seeing as those products are our copyrighted, and patented products - and take it from there.

So - if you hear people speaking about those products, please do warn them: We know now, for a fact, that the PCB onboard is crap and that the units they are selling could very well be dangerous as their safety mechanism are poor at best. And then ofcourse, they arent original products.

So now you know!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Really, I'm using the NHaler LR Atty on my Ego and it's banging greattttt, see difference of opinion I guess. However I have not had more plumes of great vapor on anything more than this Ego NHaler LR Atty combo, I have all GG's made by Imeo ( great dude great product ) Also the Silver Bullet ( Great Product ) and many more, however again this combo og Ego NHaler LR Atty is knock em out great vapor great taste and I havent lost an Atty yet, I keep em very wet like you should and just plumes of awesome Vapor. I would really like to know if you used the NHaler LR Atty WHAT WASNT GREAT ABOUT THAT COMBO FOR YOU SHATNER ???? not being smart I just would like to know what didnt work for you on this set up, because after vaping for a year now it's one of if not the best little set ups at low voltage I have had yet.!!!

Like you, I was keeping the atty wet. Maybe even a bit extra wet, because I'd heard of LR atties bitting the dust a bit early. About 2 days in I started getting a burnt taste that I just couldn't get rid of with the HNaler LRs.

The H2Os were just weak.

FrankR

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa
I have received my Tornado pretty recently as well. I also purchased several LR atty's with it from TW. It is by far the best experience I have had vaping thus far.

Like you, I found that juice was gathering around the inside of the cone. However, it was coming from the seam between the atty and the cart, not you normal flooding situation. I think the seal created by the cone was causing too much draw and it was actually finding an easier route out. I have found that the LR atty's allow me to take a less forceful and longer draw without creating the residue build up, but still get a great "puff".

I also found that the vaping stopped being quite as satisfying and it seemed like my atty was losing its gusto. After changing atty's a few times, I realized that I was just getting too used to the juice. I started switching my "juice menu" a little more frequently and am again enjoying my Tornado as much as when I first got it.

This may have just been the correction in my case, but it may help you as well!

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
So I gather TW LR atties are the same atty, just cheaper. If that's the case, why pay more for a regular one?

I've read that the LR attys' life expectancy is significantly shorter...however I've also read that a lot of people are enjoying the high voltage vaping exp. But I do see your point. Personally I'm more about longevity. The "normal" vape I get now is sufficient for me. I haven't tried a LR atty yet.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
Mine typically last more than 8 hours straight, but in actual use I'd say it's 6-8 hours and maybe 10 of vaping. 55 hours could be done easily, I've done it. But I'm not vaping 55 hours straight w/o ceasing, you know?
Yeah I don't vape non stop... if I'm sitting at the computer I do, but during the day I grab it every once in awhile and take 3 or 4 vapes then go about my business ...... and yeah vaping 55 hours straight would kill me lol.... vaping 4 hours straight would kill me lol

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
So I got my TW Tornado 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I wanted to post my findings and compare notes.

Unlike some of the unluckier people on here, both of my batteries are still running strong. I swap them out every 5 hours or so just for the heck of it but I dont have to.

I'm finding it a little (very little) annoying to have to remove the cone to clean everything up once I flood my atty. Which I do. A lot. :confused:. But I suppose I need to be more careful, lol.

I don't use carts, I only drip. I'm using the two original attys that came with the kit.

They were great the first week. Very consistent. I think I only had to blow them out once a day or so and they were perfect. Well at about the 7 day mark I noticed they seemed to be getting flooded easier. They tasted dry, and two drops would flood them. Its kind of been downhill from there. I kept getting the nasty burnt taste, so i pulled the wicks out to find them burned and black. So I'm assuming thats what I was inhaling. I can't see it being caused by a dry atty, as I am constantly flooding the darn things. Now the consistency is gone. They only hit well after the 4th or 5th puff, then back to being light and not satisfying.

As I'm typing this I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm causing all this by over dripping all the time??

Overall I still give it a 9 out of 10 for me. Batteries are great, and so is the vapor when everything works right.

Anyhow, thats my synopsis of the Tornado for my first two weeks. Maybe someone here can relate to my experience. Take care!

Just a question: Why do so many drip? I have a Tornado plus the SD and do not drip, in both I have a fluval filler, which IMO works well, since both are juice hogs. However, with that said, I don't have to refill often at all and I do use them frequently, well more than frequently, lets say a lot.
I have had both---- I would say at least two months, with the original attys, hope I haven't jinxed the little buggers.
Oh and I don't have a problem with leakage ...well so far.
Thanks for your input ...if you do.:confused:

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Just a question: Why do so many drip? I have a Tornado plus the SD and do not drip, in both I have a fluval filler, which IMO works well, since both are juice hogs. However, with that said, I don't have to refill often at all and I do use them frequently, well more than frequently, lets say a lot.
I have had both---- I would say at least two months, with the original attys, hope I haven't jinxed the little buggers.
Oh and I don't have a problem with leakage ...well so far.
Thanks for your input ...if you do.:confused:

Strictly speaking, dripping is unecessary if you have gone the route of cartos (basically, cartos fix the problem that dripping is intended to fix/bypass), or if you've put a lot of time into cart mods and that is working for you. However, I think the main reason people drip is because the best vapes seem to be the first 2-3 after you drip the atty.

I am considering getting a drip tip for at home use, and cartos for when I'm out and about.

- wolf

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Ive never used a cartomizer. I guess I just don't trust them because of the lies I was told about regular carts, lol. "Equivalent to 1 pack of cigarettes!". I honestly only got maybe 10 nice vapes out of a full cart before I was topping off again. So much unnecessary work and wasted juice! So how long will a full carto last you? I'm a pretty heavy vaper..and dripping is already so easy to do..

Vap Khymyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Alabama
Once I discovered that a whistle tip 510 fits into a KR808 or 510 carto I may never go back to attys.
Vape is some better but MUCH longer and no burn off just rinse and once every two weeks boil and drip dry. New carto= new atty every 7-10 days at about the same cost.

Using an eGo from WordUp. Great supplier. Free Shipping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread