torpedo tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
Hello, was hoping someone may be able to help me. I recently purchased a torpendo tank off of the classifieds and am having some problems with it. I normally use multiple MAP tanks. The seller did say it was an older version. I have never had one so I do not know the difference between the 2. The problem is that it is leaking like crazy, but not through the battery end, like some CE2s do. I really can not figure where it is leaking from but it empties about half of the fluid out all over the place. Any advice on what to do with this. It is a sharp looking tank. I just do not know much about them,
Thanks,
Terri

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
i've been using the torpedo for a few months now. all day every day. no leaking issues and i use the fluxo stems with wider o-rings instead of the regular cut stainless steel ones.

suggest you try not to overfill and make sure the rubber cap is seated well. i first place the rubber cap in the top with about 1-2mm sticking out. then insert the top and cap together, rotating to make sure the slots go right over the wick.

6c123d96-efb0-76e4.jpg

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
So you do not use the cut metal casing? I have the newer CE2 with the thicker plastic and they have the thin oring I do have an oring from an old GP SSR tank do you think I should try that?

definitely. discovered this when i got some extra o-rings with super T drip tips.

i had a ton of extra fluxo/deluxe ce2 when torpedo first arrived. plus they were out of stock on cut stainless ce2, and although i did get around to cutting my own, i found the newer ce2 had much better wicks.

at lowes they have #36 and #47 in plumbing supply. #36 works best i think. wiggle off the plastic, cut or squeeze out the crappy white ring, then put the 'naked' stem on a mini battery, and roll the new ring on from the 'ash' end. then insert the stem with even pressure into the base of the torpedo, wiggling a bit and keeping the ring even. works like a charm.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
definitely. discovered this when i got some extra o-rings with super T drip tips.

i had a ton of extra fluxo/deluxe ce2 when torpedo first arrived. plus they were out of stock on cut stainless ce2, and although i did get around to cutting my own, i found the newer ce2 had much better wicks.

at lowes they have #36 and #47 in plumbing supply. #36 works best i think. wiggle off the plastic, cut or squeeze out the crappy white ring, then put the 'naked' stem on a mini battery, and roll the new ring on from the 'ash' end. then insert the stem with even pressure into the base of the torpedo, wiggling a bit and keeping the ring even. works like a charm.

Awsome, thank you I will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread