Total BS twisting from ANTZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Why does every line they say have to be a lie? I don't get that part.

Continues to make me think that if this passes for science and is deemed credible, then surely global warming data is a hoax. Can't have it both ways science. Can't say one pet cause is 100% accurate because it is based on principles of science (and evidence) and then allow other studies to pass off lies as facts or twisted rhetoric. If any world religion were saying "the world is going to end" and "eCigs will greatly harm you" they'd be laughed off as unreliable tricksters, but somehow people fall for the cult that is scientific manipulation.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I have sent the following email to the NYUMC media contact:

This is in reference to a NYULMC press release posted yesterday in EurekAlert! with the headline, "Use of e-cigarettes and alternative tobacco products may lead to increased tobacco use." LINK The press release refers to THIS ARTICLE which appeared in JAMA. As you can see, the JAMA article is a commentary which contains no mention whatsoever of e-cigarettes. Rather, the commentary (and presumably the study as well) was only about "Water Pipe tobacco Smoking and Snus Use and Subsequent Cigarette Smoking." Nevertheless, the press release's headline and its lead paragraph make prominent reference to e-cigarettes as an alleged gateway to cigarette smoking.

This sort of thing is a perfect example of perception bias, where those with preconceived ideas about something will grasp for conclusions which are unsupported by the material they are reading. The honest thing to do would be to issue a correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread