total catastrophe kylin v2 rta dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
My first rta i love the performance, especially the flavor, but its dying day 1!! Slide to open gap got stuck and i forced it to open and now the seal is stuck between and im in panic. It still work but everytime i open the seal bulb out like the picture show. How do i fix this? How long will it work, what do i do? Oh gosh this is terrible, i waited so long for this mail to arrive then it does this on first day on duty.
IMG_20190227_213246.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello Vilbourne, I've tried looking for some info for you but haven't been able to get anything.

But, I don't know if the cap on the top can be unscrewed allowing you to remove the slide and reseat the seal.

Hopefully someone will have more information for you than I and be able to help you further, if not you'll have to contact Vandy vape.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Im very thankful to you for trying to help me on this one. I didnt see any screw which i could open. I tried to poke it back in place but it helped very little, basicly not at all. The seller promised money back but its a process and waiting for a new one will take some time.

I will soon go to my local shops. I allready contacted em and no1 have the kylin 2 at the moment. Nor zeus x yet. I ordered the x but delivery take time. This end as always me buying stuff again. I need a new dual coil rta but need to go look what theyve got. If any1 can recomend me something with juicy flavors and thick clouds now is the time. One seller allready told me about kaees stacked rta but ive checked it and it seems just all around bad. I will go to other store and wish they have much better stuff and better selection.

Kylin 2 still work but i cant live my life in fear. Never know when the bulbed seal break then juice will leak into central tube.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
What I was thinking is there must be a cap on the slide, and I was thinking it may be screwed on. Hopefully not shrunk fit, but knowing my luck it probably would be.

If all else fails could something like the digiflavor THEMIS be of interest, don't know much about it apart from it has a mesh or dual coil deck option. And their the sister company of Geekvape.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Yeah the system is made so it cant be opened. Seller returning money and this still works, hopefully until the new one arrive. My wife uses it now.

I went to the store and basicly had 3 reasonable choices. Vandyvape kenzei, vandyvipe triple, geekvape blitzen. I took the blitzen and its even better than kylin2 is. The flavor is stunning and clouds dense and absolutely huge vapor. Airflow is perfected the drag is deep,strong and super smooth. Its only little weird looking with bulb glass, but performance unrealistic.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I have 2 Geekvape Ammit 25's, don't have any experience with the Blitzen. But they do good machining on their tanks.

But not being able to remove the top and slide on the Kylin V2, bit of a weird design choice. As how are you supposed to replace the seal?

Must have been a designer, not an engineer.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Good luck continues. Blitzen is useless now. I was changing coils and 1 leg wasnt tightening. Screw is stuck inside dont go in or come back. The screws are very small and fit tighly, frustrating to use. The worst thingh about blitzen. And this case critical. How do i get the screw out? Kylin2 is dead. The bulb rubber tore and now it give alot of spitback. Pyrov2 work and perform well. Geekvape zeus x is few days away and new kylin2 will follow. Nice mail incoming. Im very dissapointed i bought 2 rtas and both became useless. Kylin2 seller returned money fast so i ordered new one.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Vilbourne, I'd like to think that a local Engineering company may be able to help with the stuck grub screw.

If they can, you could replace the standard grub screws with some high quality stainless steel Allen or Hex grub screws. As they'll be easier to use and most importantly cheap.

And sorry that you're having a bout of bad luck, hopefully you've now got it out of the way and you're due for a spell of good luck.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Any1 know warranty policy for stuck screw? The channels for screws are really tight and one so tight the screw is trapped inside now. I cant install 2 coils. Kylinv2 i ordered online and just that picture gave me money back, but blitzen i bought from local shop. Its like throwing 36€ on street.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
That I would not know, but I'd like to think that it would have to be fit for purposes intended.

So as you enjoy it so much, when it works as intended. Try a local Engineering company to help you sort it out. Because as well as the screw needing to be removed, it could also use the threads cleaning up with a tap (Engineering tool for creating internal threads). Hopefully won't cost that much either and wouldn't take long.

And on a side note, get hold of an M7 die (Engineering tool for creating external threads), as very useful for cleaning up the threading of 510 connectors on tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread