Touch switch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
OMG....been wanting to create a mod w/ a touch switch...then noticed a thread involving that specific topic (I'm too lazy and dumb to go find that thread :rolleyes:), but it was far too technical for the average modder.

So I just ran into what could possibly be the holy grail for touch switches for all of us less techno-literate gadget geeks (and those really smart ones who just want to be lazy and save time ;)).

Harbor Freight Tools, iLITE LED flashlight, $3.99!!! Just tried to find it on their website to post a pic and link but was unsuccessful in finding it. The item number is 56046 if you want to try to locate it at your local Harbor Freight in the flashlights section.

I've taken the light apart to get at the electronics. The flashlight runs off 2 x AAAs, so I decided to test the touch switch all the way up to 6 volts and it works beautifully! :D (edit: please note that I only tested this ability with an LED light. It's quite possible that it cannot handle the amperage load of an atomizer...but won't know 'til I try it)

Now just gotta decide which mod I want to use this in!! I definitely want to use it in a SD-type mod, but methinks first, I'll use it in a NicoStick with a battery charge meter built in! :D:thumbs::D

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
TnA -

Ideally one would incorporate a voltage regulator to maintain performance although this requires a high starting nominal voltage; otherwise an inication of power level might be a nice touch (but not convinced).

Interesting about the torch touch switch - if the transistors on it are round and only about 5 or 5 mm wide, it can't powet an atty directly, but could power a mini relay. That's what I'd do. Include a master on/off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread