The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Toxic 'Heavy Metals' Found In E-Cigarette Vapor >

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Flt Simulation, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I wasn't so worried the first time it was posted, and certainly not for the third and fourth time. It seems highly speculative to me and the study wasn't conducted well. To put it succinctly.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  2. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Why do all those journalists hate Don Felder

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Khannnnn

Khannnnn Senior Member

Sep 1, 2017
    DANG! They have found out my get rich quick scheme. I have been vaping non stop for 30 days and blowing all the vapor into a bucket with cheese cloth to filter out the medals. I AM GOING TO BE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Climate Change is real, always has been. I am not sure man in the sole cause of it though. The problem is, even if we are, NO ONE has provided an acceptable actionable plan that has a reasonable chance at success. For the most part everyone just says "reduce CO2" but that isn't a plan it's a concept. The Republicans of course have no plan at all, and the Democrat plan is "Cap and Trade" which by their own estimates will cause electricity rates to triple. That means the people that can barely afford electricity now, will for sure not be able to if this is implemented. Many of whom would have died during this very harsh winter, had this plan been implemented. While it might actually reduce man's CO2 footprint slightly, doing so by killing off the poor and the elderly is not going to be acceptable, I hope, by anyone. I am all for reducing pollution in general, not just CO2, but I need to see a real plan, not just a vague idea, before I am going to jump on the bandwagon.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    I dunno.........the only time I subohm is when it’s snowing. Keeps the walks and driveway snow free so I don’t need to get the shovel out. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  6. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Hey hey now, lets not just brush this idea off because of "ethics" or "morals" or "life is precious" or "a love of grandma's fudge brownies." If it helps cut down on traffic, I'm willing to take a look at the "options." If Hiroshima taught us nothing else, it at least taught us that less people equals better commuting! Once they cleared out the debris, commuting in Hiroshima was a breeze! Now, I'm not saying we nuke the elderly, but let's look at our options. :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Why take out the elderly? Why not take out anyone 35 and under - just start over, using the experience of what went wrong?:lol:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    'cept for the wimminz....

No I di'int.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    This thread is still on the tracks, try harder you filthy animals

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I have failed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's obviously time to bring up the pharmacueticals in the water now. Not to mention the millions of dead goldfish....:lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever tried REPLACING a goldfish on the down low before? It's harder than it seems... I think my kid counted his fishes scales and whatnot. I just resigned myself to endless burials in the backyard... with candles... and sobbing.... and prayers... I did once bring the "dead" fish to try and make a better "match" but the Petco staff looked at me like I was gonna get banned, or PETA was going to get called. I sincerely advise against it.
    :D

Anna

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    You're aware of cameras, right? :pervy:
    Just glad you didn't do that with a horse that would've been awkward :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    This was a long time ago, I didn't own a cellphone... Or a camera... I was so not into documenting my life at that point, just LIVING it. That was hard enough.:lol::lol::lol:

I was so mad when the husband demanded I get a cellphone!!!!

Anna

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Climate change is real. It has been real ever since there was a climate.

There is no evidence that it is anthropogenic. Lots of theories, though.

There is no evidence that humans can do anything to stop it. Lots and lots of theories.

There is no evidence that climate change is a bad thing. Just more theories.

There is lots of money to be made by scaring people, though.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I kinda preferred it when we were all going to die in the approaching ice age. Then Disney made a cartoon movie about it. Or was it global warming? I can't keep up, I just know that scientists and researchers all love to tell us how we are going to die.

To me, the "how" is less important than just maintaining the thought "I am going to die someday," in the face of all media scares sort of really helps. I find it rather implausible that homo sapiens hasn't killed itself off already. If the end is nigh, I hope it's really nigh, so I get an exciting end at whatever "catastrophe of the tax," is coming next. LOL.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So true.
    Climate Scientists: We are going to die from Climate change, we need more funding!
    Astronomers: We are going to die when a giant asteroid crashes into the Earth, we need more funding!
    Tech Researchers: We are going to die as a result of annihilation from AI controlled systems, we need more funding!
    Health Scientists: We are going to die from X disease caused by Y, we need more funding!
    Politicians: We are going to die from nuclear war, we need to raise taxes!

Hmm, I am starting to see a pattern.

On a related note there is one thing regarding climate change and CO2 that has been really bugging me and I can't find anyone with an answer, maybe someone here can help. So back in the late 60's/early 70's climate scientists were crying about the next ice age and that auto emissions were the leading cause. The solution? To add catalytic convertors to all cars starting with year model 1975 which converted the emission into......wait for it.....CO2! So, if climate scientists are to be believed, the old emissions caused global cooling and the new emissions (CO2) are causing warming, then wouldn't it make sense to remove catalytic convertors and go back to the old emissions to bring on some cooling?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    That was never a scientific consensus. There were scientists that believed in cooling but they were few. In those years there were already far more studies predicting warming.
    Apart from that I think I'm not gonna touch this discussion with a 10 foot pole :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Me and my giant diesel truck that I keep running just to listen to the radio apologize to all of you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. bobwho77

bobwho77 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    First concert I ever saw, Sammy was the opening act.
    I was 15 years old, in 1978 and the rest of the bill was Eddie Money, with Boston as the final act.
    Thanks for the reminder.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If it looks like a (insert pet peeve) it must be a (whatever).

Activists will always have an activity to place their dissent against. Otherwise, they couldn't call themselves activists.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.