The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Toxic 'Heavy Metals' Found In E-Cigarette Vapor >

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Flt Simulation, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Well I believe it may be due to the fact that they start out morbid.

@Asbestos4004 , have you not yet subscribed fully to the theory that vaping will kill us all? I know it's hard to swallow and everything, but you need a ACCEPT vaping will kill us all... One way or another.

I'd like to die in my bed, vape in hand. The bed and the vape will be blamed, I'm quite certain. If you don't know how dangerous beds are, you should check out those "safety" stats they put out on the dangers of mattresses.... A lot of people die on one. LOL.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. 90VG

90VG Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    I edited the post and removed that part.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    My screen name isn't coincidental....I tear down buildings for a living. More often than not, that involves asbestos removal.

If vaping is what gets me, I'll be shocked...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah, I guess I should have said, "Vaping will be blamed." LOL.

Hopefully asbestos removal isn't as dire as it used to be. The State hospital for the Mentally Ill I interned in many decades ago shrunk drastically but they wound up bulldozing most of it when it closed (or whatever they do with elderly buildings laden with that stuff) or shrunk, or whatever, remediation wasn't possible.

It was kind of an interesting place, they had a museum with a real "lobotomy chair" (speaking of dismal) but I was kind of pleased to see one in person.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  5. 90VG

90VG Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    My woodstove chimney is asbestos. I got it California, they had a sale on pipe. It's sealed, so it doesn't matter, but it's very nice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Unless you are drinking distilled water, you are getting more of your RDA of Heavy Toxic Metals from water than from vaping.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco

A building I worked in back in the 80s had the asbestos removed. Cost a fortune. They put plastic sheeting everywhere with double doors of the heavy plastic curtains on the rooms they were working in. They set up some equipment to keep a negative air flow in the working area and heavy duty air filters. The crews working on it wore those tyvek space suits too.

On a lighter side, I remember about 12 years ago the Bay Bridge was shutdown for 12 or more hours. There was a white powder spilled on it and they had no idea what it was. They closed the bridge and collected a sample using their space suits and sent a sample to be tested. Took them all day. Turned out it was wheat flour that spilled out of a delivery truck.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If there's danger it's probably the neighbors who'd get the most asbestos hit. Wind is probably your friend.

My Dad was a small business heating and A/C contractor who did most of the work with one helper. Cutting and stapling fiberglass insulation creates floating fibers. When he was in his 60s his doctor told me that my Dad's lungs on an X-ray were some of the worst he'd ever seen. Back then no one wore respirators since OSHA wasn't on the scene. That made me build a dust collector and use breathing protection in my basement woodworking shop. Before that I could shine a flashlight across the basement after turning off the lights and see the floating dust particles sparkle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have a nephew who works at Robins AFB. His section grit blasts paint from airplanes and gets them ready for repainting. He has to enter and leave through a clean room module where he dons his space suit before entering the work area. When they leave it's back through the airlock where they get decontaminated, showered, and back into street clothes.

I suppose that is a result of work related lung issues in past decades doing that job. OSHA has done some good, in spite of the headaches they've added to the workplace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Oh it is no doubt because of work related lung issues that these practices are in place. The question is was it really because of OSHA or because of the "Work Related Injury/Death" Lawyers getting rich of the lawsuits? Sometimes getting sued and losing millions can inspire change faster than any government bureaucracy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's probably both. Workers are becoming acutely aware of the occupational hazards and employers are more and more concerned about class action suits.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.