Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I am still trying to wrap my head around how a chemical or flavoring going into my lungs is anymore dangerous than that very same chemical going into my stomach. I know that there are digestive enzymes in the stomach that might break down those chemicals or not. I also know that I exhale those chemicals, at least some of them, when I vape. Let's say the ones that don't get broken down in digestion or exhaled get into my bloodstream. What is the difference? It's still the same chemicals in my one bloodstream.

Well ok... You can put Visine, which contains tetrahydrozyline, in your eyes; if you drink it, it's poison. Different parts of the body have different tolerances and abilities. There is *some* speculation (not saying it's FACT, because I simply don't know for sure) that inhaling large quantities of diacetyl and other diketones can harm your lungs, and pretty drastically, requiring lung transplant -- yet those chemicals, when eaten, carry no risk -- diacetyl occurs naturally in many foods. Because your digestion has MANY chemicals and processes, which render that chemical totally inert -- but your lungs don't have those chemicals or processes. One of the chemicals that is being used as a replacement for diketones, butyric acid, *can* cause irritation -- which means, if it irritates you, you stop using it; the problem with the potential damage of diketones is that you may have ZERO symptoms until parts of your lungs are already DESTROYED -- not merely irritated.

Andria

Reactions: Jingles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread