Track your Packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elibodman

Verified Member
May 24, 2013
United States
I am tracking a package from "whomever vendor"...APV stuff, awesome deal. I learned that it was out for delivery, USPS. It was a nice day, so I washed and waxed the cars, when the mail usually gets to my place. I see the courier, around 15:00 I get excited. He does his thing and leaves. No package...Hmmm. I give it some time, thinking it was too big for the initial visit, he'll drop it off before he starts his next leg. Nope. meanwhile keeping an eye on the tracking status...out for delivery. An hour goes by, status unchanged. I think my parcel showed up,at post office, after he split for his route...go to the post office. It's not there, they say he has it. They tell me to call at 16:30 - 17:00, to see if he has it. Fine, I'll wait. 17:10 I call, he's not back. I explain the situation, being home all day and seeing him come and go. They say call back tomorrow. 17:30: I'm driving to the store , and see my mail courier in his truck. I pull over and stare at him, then leave. (Can't confront/ talk to him...felony.) He recognized me from past. 17:50 the status has changed to notice left. I know for a fact, he didn't try to deliver that package. I think he was gonna lift it, reading from whom it is from. He probably got back to the office and was hounded by the lady that assisted me...ergo: notice left.
I've read that members of this forum have been stung by USPS, because USPS has no accountability. insurance will get you half, if they don't say it was stolen.
I'm thinking that our vendors should do the return address as "Grandma" (your last name). Or get it sent to your work place, or held. Our packages are valuable, and have a street value of at least 60% what we paid.
I feel that I am lucky for the turn out. I honestly believe that; if I wasn't a pest, before the status change, the status would have been "delivered"...SOL for me.
I don't want anyone to get ripped off...sickens me when I read about it.

trouten

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
unless he too vapes the chances of him knowing whats in the box solely from the senders name is unlikely. with usps i have learned that the status online is hardly ever accurate. i have had packages "out for delivery' for 2-3 days, when i call the hub they say just because the site says one thing doesnt mean that its true.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
If I am having something sent via USPS that I know won't fit in my mailbox, I have it sent to my PO box. I absolutely hate getting the yellow card saying I have to go to the post office and wait on line for at least a half hour to get my package. I have a tiny PO box, but they simply leave a key in it to a much larger box where I can retrieve my package. Packages also generally arrive a day early to PO boxes.

elibodman

Verified Member
May 24, 2013
United States
Of all the crap I've ebay'ed, craigslisted, amazoned, zappos'ed, etc. in the past, the tracking has been right on and delivery was prompt. Everything that has to do with vaping, and more than $50.00 has been delayed, on items not requiring a signature...signature parcels, they'll beat down my door. Today is not the first time this happened...so I chose to post. I feel a pattern..

CaymanMoon

May 6, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
elibodman:9713249 said:
I am tracking a package from "whomever vendor"...APV stuff, awesome deal. I learned that it was out for delivery, USPS. It was a nice day, so I washed and waxed the cars, when the mail usually gets to my place. I see the courier, around 15:00 I get excited. He does his thing and leaves. No package...Hmmm. I give it some time, thinking it was too big for the initial visit, he'll drop it off before he starts his next leg. Nope. meanwhile keeping an eye on the tracking status...out for delivery. An hour goes by, status unchanged. I think my parcel showed up,at post office, after he split for his route...go to the post office. It's not there, they say he has it. They tell me to call at 16:30 - 17:00, to see if he has it. Fine, I'll wait. 17:10 I call, he's not back. I explain the situation, being home all day and seeing him come and go. They say call back tomorrow. 17:30: I'm driving to the store , and see my mail courier in his truck. I pull over and stare at him, then leave. (Can't confront/ talk to him...felony.) He recognized me from past. 17:50 the status has changed to notice left. I know for a fact, he didn't try to deliver that package. I think he was gonna lift it, reading from whom it is from. He probably got back to the office and was hounded by the lady that assisted me...ergo: notice left.
I've read that members of this forum have been stung by USPS, because USPS has no accountability. Insurance will get you half, if they don't say it was stolen.
I'm thinking that our vendors should do the return address as "Grandma" (your last name). Or get it sent to your work place, or held. Our packages are valuable, and have a street value of at least 60% what we paid.
I feel that I am lucky for the turn out. I honestly believe that; if I wasn't a pest, before the status change, the status would have been "delivered"...SOL for me.

The same thing just happened to me. Watched my tracking info like a hawk. Watched the mailady come (our mailboxes are on the opposite side of street). Assumed she stuck it in the mailbox. Check mail, not there. Check status, says notice left. What notice lol. She noticed she had to walk it to the door and didn't feel like it I guess lol.

Got it the next day :/

elibodman

Verified Member
May 24, 2013
United States
Update:
Recieved it today. Went to post office, dude took it with him...he wasn't supposed to. Check the mail, it was there...opened then taped up. Called the post office to tell them the parcel was opened, they said it was probably a neighbor. I told them my mailman is not my neighbor.
Having everything sent to workplace, from now on.
Tragic...

Sounds like you live in the city. I live out in the country and that is 1 advantage for me. We know our mail carrier personally. Typically, they will pull in our driveway and blow the horn if it is a larger package that won't fit in the box. Seems like anytime I am expecting something and it is out for delivery, they run late getting here. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

My problem is with UPS or FedEx. I used to do alot of selling on ebay and shipped by UPS. It is a 5 day trek from TN to CA by ground. Shipped a $200 item to CA by UPS ground and all the tracking said was "tracking info received" until it was delivered. The customer emailed me a couple times in that 5 days with concerns, but we didn't know each other from Adam so I could understand their concern. If I order something from that side of the country, I push for Priority Mail because it is 2 days and cheaper for smaller items.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
I usually get my packages delivered while the status still shows as departed sort facility on the other side of the state (340 miles away) I did accidently click on the wrong tracking link the other day and it showed as delivered 2 days after I got it :)

If my mailman sees both cars in the driveway he will generally honk when he leaves packages as we have had issues in the past of kids stealing packages and Netflix discs from mailboxes (neighbor up the street set up security cams to watch about 7 houses mailboxes up and down the street - police and post office both said there was nothing they could do about it when he showed them the evidence - isn't stealing mail a federal felony?)

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
That is exactly what happened to me today. Waiting on my first ever shipment from Mt Baker, and saw it was out for delivery. Saw the mailman coming, waited for him to do his thing, and nothing. Waited a bit, and next thing I know, my tracking number says it was delivered. So hopefully whoever this was delivered to is kind enough to drop it off, or I'll just be out of luck.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I've read that members of this forum have been stung by USPS, because USPS has no accountability. Insurance will get you half, if they don't say it was stolen.

i had a robbery from my mailbox of over 200 dollars worth of vape gear....i now have a camera fixed on my mailbox, please mailman, i beg you to lie.

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
That happened to me as well. More than once. The first time it wasn't given to the correct driver even though it was scanned out for delivery, my driver didn't have it. It was later scanned as bad address. This address is 80 years old. In spite of repeated attempts and calls that resulted in assurances it would be corrected and in my hands, it ended up back at the shippers door. The second time, it was out for delivery on a Saturday with a replacement driver. She left the notice in the box (we have a curbside box) instead of bothering to get out of the vehicle and walk the 20 steps to the door. My Significant Other was home and there were notes all over the door. I called the USPS main customer service number and was promised a call back which I never received. Our regular carrier brought the package back for delivery the following business day. Whether it is marked for delivery to this address or that address I don't think makes a difference. It's all about the integrity of the delivery person and their desire to do the job they were hired to do. You could try using a different delivery service. It might be worth the peace of mind to pay a few extra bucks.

I'm sorry you had delivery issues too.

Last edited:

Sackskin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
NJ
I have had a vape package say it was delivered and it never was. Terrible. I use a vendor that offeres insurance for a couple bucks more. Anytime I order over $20 I always pay for the insurance. You never know. My house is on a corner and the school bus drops off. So a kid could swipe a package just because its there you know.

Cardinal rule...always pay for insurance!

elibodman

Verified Member
May 24, 2013
United States
That is exactly what happened to me today. Waiting on my first ever shipment from Mt Baker, and saw it was out for delivery. Saw the mailman coming, waited for him to do his thing, and nothing. Waited a bit, and next thing I know, my tracking number says it was delivered. So hopefully whoever this was delivered to is kind enough to drop it off, or I'll just be out of luck.

Sorry for your delivery issues, I hope you get your stuff. MBV is a great resource.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I received this notice from one place I buy supplies from, and after having one of my packages "disappear" 4 blocks from it's designation, never to be seen again, I can understand why this was written.
It left the PO in a truck and it never made it 4 blocks to the UPS office, where they sign for my mail.
The PO says" oh, the driver just forgot to scan it", because it was never scanned as delivered.
Well bull ... If it was delivered, wither he forgot to scan it or not, it would of been there and been delivered to me.

Notice to Customers

As of 3:00 pm eastern time today we have TEMPORARILY suspended sales to all countries except the USA.

WHY?

Because we can not get the United States Postal System to send us the plastic custom envelopes. We ordered hundreds from UPS but the USPS refuses our packages because of the UPS decal on them.

Background:

We have spent the last 6 weeks on the phone to our local postmaster, regional postmaster and Washington DC customer service. Basically, orders from January for free USPS supplies remain unfilled. (Flat rate boxes)

More Problems:

We ship everything in the USA priority mail and we have noticed along with many of our customers the average delivery time is now 6 days instead of 3 days.

We have found that lost packages have increased 600% in the last 2 months.

We have found delivered packages to look like they have been driven over by a truck.

The service really sucks and all high level postal employees tell me is to call my Senator if I don't like it.

Conclusion:

The USPS service is pissing off many of our customers and us. We are seriously looking at switching to FedEx or UPS which will be more expensive and certainly mean we will loose all our international customers except for Canada and Mexico.

FRUSTRATED, (signature removed my me)

Edit: I do have a meeting with a FedEx regional manager to see if he can give us a significant discount on international air economy.

Edit 2; FedEx wants 300 international packages per week and our history is only 275. I will see if my golden tongue will prevail.

I think the package I lost was stolen because the return address read ... blank blank Vapes
Now this thread has me all ticked off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread