• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Training for "Z" Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
This will be required viewing for all particpants in survivability for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse. The second season is about to start.

The Colony : Discovery Channel

It does have a very germaine premise for the show applicable to our upcoming survival situation. If they'd just thow in a couple of zombies, it'd be perfect for us.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
You know, I looked on Netflix first to see if they had the first season? They don't! I've been with them since 2001 and I think they have less of an inventory of movies these past couple of years. I will see what I can do to make the weekly episodes magically appear for our shut-ins.:evil:

I haven't really ever followed the show, but, it looks intriguing given the premise that these people are survivors of a biological event and they are trying to get by with what they can find. Perfect zombie scenario without the zombies, bummer!:drool: Check it out, just do a google on "The Colony".

This will be required viewing for all particpants in survivability for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse. The second season is about to start.

The Colony : Discovery Channel

It does have a very germaine premise for the show applicable to our upcoming survival situation. If they'd just thow in a couple of zombies, it'd be perfect for us.

I just watched the first season using that on demand thing. Made me almost rethink my entire Z-Day plan. I might need to surround myself with some of them there smart peoples. Gas for a vehicle from wood? Making a transmitter and receiver, building a solar powered trike...all things I need to learn how to do.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Pretty cool stuff wasn't it? Personally, I'd have slapped the dog-snot out of the Nurse on more than one occasion (and I've never struck a woman in my life!). Did you notice how she seemed to have about a dozen different outfits when everyone else was stuck wearing what they walked in with... I really did wonder who's girlfriend she was to get as much camera time as she did.

Pretty cool stuff wasn't it? Personally, I'd have slapped the dog-snot out of the Nurse on more than one occasion (and I've never struck a woman in my life!). Did you notice how she seemed to have about a dozen different outfits when everyone else was stuck wearing what they walked in with... I really did wonder who's girlfriend she was to get as much camera time as she did.

Yeah and as much as everyone hated that Mike guy, I thought he was pretty cool. They said he had an attitude, but he was in the middle of 95% of the projects.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I'd save Mike's ... any day. Look at how much weight he lost vs anyone else then tell me he wasn't doing his part plus two or three others parts. I'd take just about any of the guys into my group except for one or two. The women... I'd take the marine biologist and use the rest for bait, too much attitude for too little aptitude in my opinion.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ya know I tried to watch that show...and I wanted to like it....I really did...but each week I would just end up scratching off a couple more people from the who deserves to live list...and then when they started bickering over what to do with the goats....all I can say is it's too bad goats are complete vegetarians because most of those dipsticks would have been goat food in my book....
Mutt....this was certainly a case in point for your opinions being correct.....any way you look at it an interpersonal clusterf@#$ does not maximize survival...

now....as far as ZA and the Colony goes....I would steal the goats...set fire to the building to attract the Zombies.....and run like hell. well...I can't actually run...so maybe I would have to build a goatcart first.....you know I will put up with alot of crap...but don't mess with my goat!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Three guesses as to who named the goats...
Unless you are pretty hard hearted or warped (like me), never name your potential food. It makes it harder to kill and butcher for most people. I only named one cow in my childhood. My father heard about a cow giving birth and decided to go with the farmer out into the field to witness this miracle of life, something he hadn't seen since his childhood. She was a beautiful creature that had some complications when she calved, her 'inside woman-cow' parts had detached and come out along with the calf (breech). The farmer was upset and wanted to put her down immediately, my father in a fit of nostalgia decided that he would buy the cow, have a vet 'put things right', and worst case scenario we'd have a milk cow. So, my father buys the cow, borrows a flatbed trailer and rushes the cow to a vet for an emergency intervention. Along the way, he picks up my mother, sister, an older brother and myself so that we can see this humanitarian effort and learn a valuable life lesson. The vet had closed but this didn't deter my father, he called the man at home and pleaded his case and with assorted promises convinced this man to help. What I remember most, standing around the flatbed trailer, staring into those dark beseeching eyes that asked the question 'can you help me, please?', was asking my mother if I could name her. My mother told me that it wouldn't be wise to name her until we knew if she would live or not. I asked my mother if I could at least pet her, reluctantly she allowed me to. I walked up to her trembling form and kneeled down next to her head and began to stroke her calmingly, 'Don't worry Hamburger, everything will be okay. I'm sure you'll be great!' My mother pulled me down off the trailer and whipped my ... on the spot!

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Didn't you ever learn not to play with your food? I would've left the goats alone myself. First you have to feed them. If you kill them you eat for a bit. But, if you leave them alone and watch what they eat, then at least you know where you can find food and they take care of themselves. The bad guys are fair game though.:laugh:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Interesting logic...but have you ever actually watched a goat eat? One of their favorite foods is poison oak...right up there with kudzu! Or if they are like MY goat they will only eat Cheerios and Capt Crunch and I have to go weedwack her pen several times a year because she wont touch the fresh alfalfa growing in there. She WILL however be more than happy to get her head stuck in the fence trying to get at the fresh alfalfa growing two feet away on the OTHER SIDE of the freakin fence!

hmmm....your probably all right...eat the stupid goats ASAP....but name them first and be nice when you kill them. Thats a fair compromise....and being the ships official spiritual counsel...here's a tip for ya;ll ya might not know.....Karma ultimately is based on intent Like all good religions there is a catch to everything and an official way to weasel out of personal responsibility for your actions....so its okay to kick ... and even kill...as long as it's done with compassion and without anger or intent to harm. hey...what can I say...I'm just the Messenger.....

btw...Mac....speaking of compromises...how bout assweasel ????? I mean that does have more of a "feel" for the particular behavior we are trying to describe don't you think ? I mean seriously stop and reflect on it for just a moment....assweasel....ASSWEASEL....heaheah.....assweasel and the trailer hitch toilet seat ? see what I mean...thats a nasty little ....... isn't it? maybe even worse than a snipe! But much more fun to hunt......

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
btw...Mac....speaking of compromises...how bout assweasel ????? I mean that does have more of a "feel" for the particular behavior we are trying to describe don't you think ? I mean seriously stop and reflect on it for just a moment....assweasel....ASSWEASEL....heaheah.....assweasel and the trailer hitch toilet seat ? see what I mean...thats a nasty little ....... isn't it? maybe even worse than a snipe! But much more fun to hunt......
Wouldn't that be the creature from dreamcatcher?It's a great idea and all. ...-weasel does have a ring to it. But we are on a 2 party system here. Voting for ...-weasel is like voting for libertarian candidates. Or doing a write in for Gello Biafra. A great idea if not wholly ineffectual.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
no mac that is NOT the creature from Stephen Kings novel Dreamcatcher. Different word altogether and different creature. However it does remind of something I keep meaning to ask so now I will....WHY OH WHY does everyone refuse to discus Cell ???? WTF??? I have asked about it before and it just got glossed over....WHY???? SK is the freakin' MASTER....his Zombies rock and roll,baby.....whats the problem??? That book would make an awesome movie! Is it the concept of partial sentience that bothers ya'all???

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
no mac that is NOT the creature from Stephen Kings novel Dreamcatcher. Different word altogether and different creature. However it does remind of something I keep meaning to ask so now I will....WHY OH WHY does everyone refuse to discus Cell ???? WTF??? I have asked about it before and it just got glossed over....WHY???? SK is the freakin' MASTER....his Zombies rock and roll,baby.....whats the problem??? That book would make an awesome movie! Is it the concept of partial sentience that bothers ya'all???
Never read it.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
see what I mean!!! "never read it"...your not even mildly interested? dude....we are talking some seriously hardcore Zombie-ness....ZA survival to the max....telepathic Zombies....a Zombie cult....graphic Zombie violence and feeding frenzies...ala Stephen King...oh...wait...it's the twinkies is that it???? because they eat twinkies? Is that why this seems to be a tabboo subject?

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
see what I mean!!! "never read it"...your not even mildly interested? dude....we are talking some seriously hardcore Zombie-ness....ZA survival to the max....telepathic Zombies....a Zombie cult....graphic Zombie violence and feeding frenzies...ala Stephen King...oh...wait...it's the twinkies is that it???? because they eat twinkies? Is that why this seems to be a tabboo subject?
Why I stopped reading his books and watching his movies:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...your-favorite-horror-movie-9.html#post1560033

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread