Transitioning from Dunhill Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrl

Oct 24, 2013
New Zealand
Hi guys,

Just wondering where would I find a liquid that is most similar to Dunhill Lights?

Or just any good recommendations? I would say its not so much of the taste but would like a liquid that smelt and tasted like a normal cigarette. No other sweet flavours etc. :)

I seen some reviews and some people recommend Boba's Bounty or NET? Boba has sweet flavrouing so that's out of the question. Not sure about NET.com.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
First of all, don't assume that you will or need to vape tobacco flavored juice. Many of us have discovered that vaping is not like smoking, and that we didn't want tobacco tasting stuff. So just try a few bakery and fruit flavors as well in your journey, that's all. I never smoked anything menthol, but I found myself vaping only mint flavored juice :lol:

As for Dunill, do a search in this topic, found a lot of hits:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html

Good luck, that is the longest running topic on tobaccos on ECF! YOu will learn a lot there, but it will take a while to read thru!

unrl

Oct 24, 2013
New Zealand
Hey Racehorse,

Thanks for the reply. I actually do have all the sweet/fruit flavours.This is actually for my friend that is currently smoking Dunhill Lights and wanted a cigarette tasting liquid - I fully aware the whole point of vaping is to stray away from cigarettes :D

I think the Natural Tobaccos thread that you linked me is for cigars? Not sure but from reading first few posts they are talking about cigar like tastes.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I don't know about Dunhill Lights specifically, but the best overall vendor I have found for analog like flavors is D&D Vapor. That's not to say they have the best analog-like liquid, period - I'm quite sure I could go up significantly in price and hassle and find something subjectively better, but I don't personally have any desire to do that - At D&D I've found a few liquids that are close enough to sate the occasional analog urge, including one flavor that tastes exactly like some bidis I used to favor... a pretty impressive feat imo.

I don't know if D&D does you any good given your location, but the reason I'm suggesting them or someone else in that price range is because you mentioned you're not shopping for yourself... I am always wary of dropping a lot of money on anyone else based on what they *think* they want. Primarily because I have often been wrong vis-a-vis what *I* would like to vape... so how can I possibly shop for someone else based on what they think *they* would like? If I have it lying around and they sample it and like it, I'm always more than happy to share, decanting if necessary... but sight unseen/flavor unvaped, as it were, I guess wrong for myself quite often enough without trying to guess for others.

I'm not saying not to hook your friend up... I *am* saying that no matter how much research you do, it's entirely possible your mate won't like it, whatever "it" is, and it may turn out that he actually doesn't want *any* Dunhill Light liquid (and just doesn't realize that yet). That being the case, set yourself a limit (if you're buying) or encourage restraint (if he's buying and you're just doing the research).

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
you likely want a lab juice… like a halo, goodejuice, vapor station… and the chinese juices… they tend to capture the essence of a real burning cigarette better than nets and absolutes. Natural Tobaccos/NETS are cool… and the might ultimately be what wins your heart… but if you want something that resembles one of those nasty chemically infused burning cigarettes- you should likely look back at a lab for your juice.
Nets are fresh leaf tobacco.

I'd also recommend unflavored nicotine.

I have had dunhills… and dunhill lights - and I am aware of their distinguishing qualities…
If it were me and my money buying this for a friend…

I'd get Vapor Station's Tampa for a Lab Tobacco and I'd get Goodejuice's Wrangler Light as a NET…. both very solid representations of a lab and a net… not too pricey and both ship internationally.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
this might be just the thing, I haven't tried it though

Dunhill E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com it has a lot of good reviews, I had thought about trying it myself since Dunhill lights & American Spirit lights are the cigs I used to smoke

maybe try virginia from backwoods brew, it's cig-like and not sweet at all. I tried it in 24mg which turned out to be too high for me though and the high PG was irritating and scratchy for me.

Since he smokes the lights (like me) maybe also get him some Grizzly Vapes kokobear or Nanner Bear, they have high VG and a tobacco base but with other flavors added in. I love koko bear and I think I'll try nanner bear next just because i love koko bear so much. It has a earthy flavor that is nice for when you want a cigarette, it's kind of a soothing, calming vape. It does have a touch of sweetness but not in a cloying way. People are gonna start thinking I work for them because I talk about it so much, lol, but it's one of the few really satisfying liquids i've had that i keep going back to. The guy who crafts this only makes 3 flavors and I think he took a lot of care making this, it's pre-steeped and good to go right away too U.S.A. E-Liquid

Oh i just thought of two more that might appeal to a dunhill smoker:
http://www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com/store3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=166

Big Spirit is supposed to mimic an American spirit, which is close to a dunhill, if your friend likes additive free tobaccos like those he might like this http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/big-spirit.htm

"A classic, all-natural, no-additive cigarette-style tobacco was used to make this e-Liquid. It is medium-bodied for a cigarette, dry and as close to smoking one as we have ever tried since we took up vaping! It has subtle black tea-like notes on a backdrop of cigarette tobacco.. Try it and see for yourself!"

I think I might try that one too. When i started i used a tobacco flavor from a local store, it wasn't a very good one but it worked anyway. then i switched to fruits, but now and then still i do like a tobacco.

Just one more thing, if he smokes a mildish cig like dunhill light he might like 100% VG, I find that high PG gives too much of a scratchy irritating feeling,, the VG is so much smoother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread