Tree of Life by Element Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Damn dude, Im sorry to hear that. Mine came pretty quick, got it the day after Christmas.

Tree of Life mod, plus the 18650 tube. #195

Pictures to follow, having upload issues at the moment.

-Its really sleek looking
    -Its packaged very cool, IMO.
    -18650 mode is the same size, more or less, than a '650 Nemesis, but perhaps looks bigger when your holding it because its one sleek solid tube.

So glad I bought it. I wanted to buy it when it first launched, but, at the time, I didn't think 18490 only was good enough for my vaping style. Now, even though I got the 18650 tube, and thats how Im using it currently, I could have lived with 18490 no problem, IF that was the case.

One tip Ill give you, when it first arrives. The locking ring is reverse threaded, and can be tricky to get a hold of, because the switch is fully screwed together. Take the switch off, loosen the copper contact screw slightly, bam, locking ring will free up. Then you can re tighten the contact to your desired throw. Took me a couple minutes to figure out why the heck I couldnt unlock the switch. afterwards it was like, "uhh, duh bro" :)

Hopefully you get yours soon, but, if you ask me, its worth the wait man

EatBacon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2010
    Wherever the ARMY sends me
    Damn dude, Im sorry to hear that. Mine came pretty quick, got it the day after Christmas.

Tree of Life Mod, plus the 18650 tube. #195

Pictures to follow, having upload issues at the moment.

-Its really sleek looking
    -Its packaged very cool, IMO.
    -18650 mode is the same size, more or less, than a '650 Nemesis, but perhaps looks bigger when your holding it because its one sleek solid tube.

So glad I bought it. I wanted to buy it when it first launched, but, at the time, I didn't think 18490 only was good enough for my vaping style. Now, even though I got the 18650 tube, and thats how Im using it currently, I could have lived with 18490 no problem, IF that was the case.

One tip Ill give you, when it first arrives. The locking ring is reverse threaded, and can be tricky to get a hold of, because the switch is fully screwed together. Take the switch off, loosen the copper contact screw slightly, bam, locking ring will free up. Then you can re tighten the contact to your desired throw. Took me a couple minutes to figure out why the heck I couldnt unlock the switch. afterwards it was like, "uhh, duh bro" :)

Hopefully you get yours soon, but, if you ask me, its worth the wait man

Thanks for the tips, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I think it's backed up at my local post office. I left CA on the 21st and it only takes one day to get to TX. Soon I hope, glad you like yours I'm sure it will be the same case for me.

buddink

Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    United States
    Love the way this mod looks in hybrid mode.

AFrmKnpl.jpg

EatBacon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2010
    Ok, it did come and I almost love it completely. The button is a little stiffer than I prefer.

BabyCrusher is that why you have so many springs????

Other than that been vap'n it for a week with no issues, oh I did have to put some Noalox on the locking spring so it wouldn't start to lock on it's own (not a big deal).

If I can find some magnets that will fit the switch I might give it a shot. Anyone know of such magnets???

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Just cleaned the contacts on my Tree of Life(dropped them into a citric acid solution I mixed up myself), and wow, what a difference it made to have superbly clean contacts. Looking at it now, they were in dire need of a cleaning.. but before I cleaned them I didnt think they were that bad. Not that much different from how I recieved it.

When they came out of the citric acid bath(literally 2 minutes top), they were bright matte pink. Like brand spanking new, 100% unoxidized copper. Not only that, this method of cleaning is so effortless. Drop them into the liquid, swirl for a minute, let it sit for a minute, drain, rinse.

This thing hits harder than it ever did, and right now, its easily my hardest hitting mod, no question. And its sitting next to some top mods, two of which are the Nemesis and the stingray.

EatBacon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2010
    I would like to know the mix as well.

Ok, so I put a Nemesis spring in my TOL, no-go. I got the stock spring back in it and I have to say I like it now. I get no wobble with it in 650 mode and with the super short throw the stronger tension is acceptable. Still vaping it, still love it. I just hope element mods don't come out with the next one anytime soon, my wallet needs a break.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Hey guys, the citric acid bath couldnt be simpler. I have a 5lb bag of citric acid crystals that I use to descale my espresso machine, and 5lbs is more than I could use in a lifetime.

you can get it online from amazon, and if you have a local home brew shop, they'll have it too.

This Spicy World Citric Acid, 5-Pound: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food is exactly what I have

Standard mix for espresso machine descaling, is generally 1tablespoon to 32oz. I mixed it a bit stronger to do the contacts, simply because I didnt want to wait all day. I think it was like to teaspoons(actual eating teaspoons, not the more accurate measuring spoon, though they ought to be close to one and other) to 5-6oz of water. Hot water will dissolve the crystals faster.

It'll work wonders for copper or brass contacts, but idk about silver plated or 99% silver.. I havent tried, and Im not gonna be the first. It might be fine, it might not, I DONT KNOW. But for brass and copper, its all good.

Really is the least labor intensive way of cleaning contacts. And with copper loving to oxidize as soon as its out of the solution, having a quick easy way to restore that bright matte pink copper is wonderful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread