Status
Not open for further replies.

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Clone for Tribeca (mix number 26):

The basic RY4D+AP formula published get in the ballpark but lack the body and sharpness of Tribeca. Thinking Tribeca was an acronym for three tobaccos, I kept looking for just three tobaccos for quite a while. However, adding a fourth (TA) got it to what I consider a near perfect clone. I can taste a slight difference when vaping side-by-side on identical hardware but it's difficult to determine which is which unless you know.

The RY4D provides the base flavor, the AP gives it the nuttiness, Flue Cured lends body and depth, the Virginia adds tang and also gives it a spot-on color match. (Note that you must use FlavourArt Virginia to get the golden color. Also, it takes about two weeks for the color to develop.) I finally gave in and added TA, the fourth tobacco, which gave it the final kick it needed. A PG/VG ratio of 85/15 seems about right. The mix below yields 10ml at 15 mg/ml NIC.

TFA RY4 Double 12.0% 1.200 ml
FA Virginia 1.1% .110 ml
Hangsen Flue Cured 1.1% .110 ml
TFA AP 1.0% .100 ml
TFA Tobacco Abs 0.4% .040 ml
NIC 100mg/ml 15.0% 1.500 ml (I use 100% VG based NIC)
PG 69.4% 6.940 ml
VG 0.0% 0

Note that I use 100% VG NIC. For a net 15mg/ml it just happened to work out that I didn't need to add any extra VG.

I'd be interested in hearing about any tweaks to this formula. However, I'm closing this one; I have what I was striving for in the formula above. Plus, I still have around 50ml left from the prior 25 test batches to consume.

Last edited:

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
ECX and RTSVapes both carry the HA and FA. My understanding is that ECX 'Signature' is the same as TFA. Unfortunately, their price is high for those and they don't carry AP. Wizard Labs has best price on TFA and do carry AP. So, you probably need to go to two vendors.

I always hate when I see a formula I'd like that has a mish-mash of flavors/vendors (which I seem to only have one or two of) and I'm guilty of that here. However, this is what I had to do to get close to Tribeca.

Note that I haven't tried HA Virginia because I knew I needed FA for the color. And, I haven't tried other Flue Cured although I don't think that TFA Flue Cured would work.

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Juse mixed this up. The Tobacco absolute seems a little strong, does it mello out with time?
Thanks for this recipe and all the work you put into it!

Did you dilute the tobacco Absolute or did you buy pre diluted? Kinda taste like chewing tobacco to me.

Tapatalk

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Did you dilute the tobacco Absolute or did you buy pre diluted? Kinda taste like chewing tobacco to me.

Tapatalk

This is pretty tangy when first mixed and the TA will fade a bit. Of course, you can also reduce that a bit.

HandBananA - my apologies; I should have noted that the TA is the diluted version. Using pure TA didn't occur to me. I haven't seen the pure form called for in other recipes and it hasn't even been available for quite a while. I guess you just mixed the 'extra rich' version of this formula. Hope you didn't do a big batch. Again, sorry.

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
This is pretty tangy when first mixed and the TA will fade a bit. Of course, you can also reduce that a bit.

HandBananA - my apologies; I should have noted that the TA is the diluted version. Using pure TA didn't occur to me. I haven't seen the pure form called for in other recipes and it hasn't even been available for quite a while. I guess you just mixed the 'extra rich' version of this formula. Hope you didn't do a big batch. Again, sorry.

Haha :) No I didn't do pure. That would be gross. I got pure and diluted it down. That stuff is potent and it stains everything it touches. Got mine from "one stop DIY shop"

Tapatalk

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Haha :) No I didn't do pure. That would be gross. I got pure and diluted it down. That stuff is potent and it stains everything it touches. Got mine from "one stop DIY shop"

Tapatalk

I have some pure but have never diluted it. I've seen postings for how to dilute but I recall the information was a bit conflicting so I just use the standard TA dilution from Wizard Labs. I use the PG version but I assume the ALC version is same strength. (Perhaps now is good time to stop assuming.)

Anyway, the formula still isn't 100% but it shouldn't taste like chewing tobacco. Although, maybe you're stumbled onto a new recipe. :)

littlebluepig

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Arkansas
I mixed this up four days ago, and it's pretty close. I get this "that's it" moment, then I get a peppery or spicy note on the end. The smell and flavor are just about right on, except for that note. I've tried my nic by it's self and don't get that smell or taste. Hoping after a little more steeping it will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread