The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tribute to Drew Opus Giveaway Contest

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by dogrocketdog, Sep 15, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. crashtestjeep

crashtestjeep Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Drew helped me with a lung issue I had, off the record, of course and concocted me a juice that made some of the nodules disappear. We spoke alot back in 2008,2009 and shared some personal stories and became friends in the vaping community. Drew is a wonderful soul and was a true asset to this industry. He will NEVER be forgotten. I even pulled out my original xhaler and used it since his passing. It's been on display for a few years but still works like new!!

2. madmanmatt

madmanmatt Super Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2012
    columbus,oh
    best wishes to you and your family

3. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Drew was a great man that helped me get my first ecig mod, the Darwin. He helped this community alot and will be missed.

4. barqs

barqs Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'll always remember buying my 1st APV. The kicked xhaler from Nhaler. When I received it one of the batteries were bad, sent an email off to Drew and no questions asked he sent out a replacement same day internationally without needing to send in defective battery. The same with a switch on a bombshell. That was great customer service.

5. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    He was always really really nice to me, I met him at numerous conventions and he would shout at me to come over. I am pretty shy but he always made me feel at ease. I didn't go out at night with him and the rest of the East Coast crew because I didn't feel like I fit in but he always invited me. He was an innovator and generous, I personally was very upset when I heard the news and said everywhere I post what a seminal figure in the industry he was and a great void was now left........:cry:

6. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I didn't speak with Drew much just a couple times by e-mail bugging him to try to get a Darwin but he was always really friendly about it and always responded very quickly. From what I have seen and read about him I know he was a great person and will be missed by his family, friends, and the vaping community.

7. MsMystification

MsMystification Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2009
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I would like to offer my condolences to Drew's family and friends. This is a huge loss. I have purchased from nHaler and had the pleasure of having questions answered by Drew in the forums many years ago. He was very knowledgable and seemed to enjoy sharing that with both customers and fellow vapers. I have used many companies for vape gear over the years, but if you asked me the name of the other owners I would be hard pressed to come up with a name other than Drew. That says something about the way he represented his company and how involved he was in the community. Thank you Drew.

8. Phone Guy

Phone Guy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    First let me start with offering my condolences.... I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, and for that I am truly sorry.

While I didn't have any personal contact with Drew, I did talk with him a few times in the forums, asking questions about the opus d product... he always replied in a courteous manner if when my questions were a little dumb and off the wall. :)

I will say I now have 2 Opus D devices, one black and one blue... they are truly awesome devices...

I honestly didn't post in here to win.... I was shocked to read by the OP that Drew was their spouse, and really just wanted to offer my sincerest condolences and my best possible wishes to those he left behind.

9. Kimmberlee

Kimmberlee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2008
    MI
    I am so very sorry for your loss! I started using ecigs in 2009 and found Nhaler. After using the standard ecigs I finally decided to try the Xhaler when it first released!. WOW! It is a really great ecig!!! I also love all your juices. My favorite is still Drewbacco. I use it every single day. Customer service has always been top notch and I will continue to use Nhaler. May Drew rest in peace. xo

10. SC_Sammy

SC_Sammy Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 20, 2010
    SC
    Sorry to hear this. We will miss him.

11. Heden Aklowd

Heden Aklowd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    I didn't have any dealings with Drew yet, but he sounds like a good guy.
    Sorry for your loss & from the sound of it ours too.
    I posted this on the contest page. ECF Contests

12. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    I never had any interaction with Drew but from the comments here and the fact that you are doing this in his honor, I have to believe that he was a good guy and someone special.

13. yasmin817

yasmin817 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Hopewell, NJ, USA
    I am new to Nhaler, and have never had the pleasure of meeting Drew. He sounded like a really great guy. I'm sure he will be missed. {{{{hugs}}}}

14. halo_and_horns

halo_and_horns Full Member

Feb 2, 2010
    ohio
    My only encounter with drew was during a vapersplace call in segment...he was doing a character and had me laughing so hard, I had tears!!
    May his legacy live on forever!!!

15. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

"My" Sincerest of Condolences to "You" and your family . . .

I hope the following brings some solace to all . . .

"I Wish You Enough"

And when, 'I wish you enough,’ I want you to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain you . . .

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive & everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget them.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE . . .

(Edited Version by "Uncle" - Original Author Unknown)

"Remember . . ."

And as long as I am in your heart, stay in your memory, and fill your soul . . .
    I will always be alive and with You.

(Author: "Uncle")​

16. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    I never knew Drew nor do I need to win this contest. What I do know is that he is reading all of these beautiful thoughts and memories from you all. He has the Sweetest smile on his face right now. His Spirit will remain with all his family and friends. Thank you for being You Drew ♥ Amen

[​IMG]

17. rrayda

rrayda Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    the icy northlands
    It's been years, but I bought my Darwin from Drew back when it was the only VW game in town. I think NHaler was the only place to buy it. I remember the packaging and service being amazing.

18. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Like others, I never met or knew Drew, but aside from being a vaping pioneer, it also appears that he was a kind man with a generous heart and kindly spirit. My heartfelt condolences for your loss.

19. bellastarr

bellastarr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    USA
    I just wanted to post my condolences to you and your family. I didn't know Drew, but he sounds like a good man that helped and touched many in the vaping community.

20. SolRayz

SolRayz Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale
    I never spoke to Drew, but have had many orders through Nhaler and have never been disappointed by the service rendered. My condolences to you and your family.