Tricks to open this thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
image.jpg
Do you guys have any tricks to open your tanks? I’m trying to open my Zeus Dual but it just won’t budge.
So... any tricks to open it without damaging the paint or material? :(

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
welcome to the problems of tanks :pervy:
get you some rubber grippers waffle pad thingies to open jars
carefully try pliers (but it may scratch) one holding the 510 and another holding the top cap
try putting it into the freezer for 10 - 30 minutes (maybe longer)
try running it under hot water

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
get you some rubber grippers waffle pad thingies to open jars
carefully try pliers (but it may scratch) one holding the 510 and another holding the top cap

Pliers will be my last option. I damaged my other tank trying to get it off my mod :(

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
get you some rubber grippers to open jars
There’s a thread around here of one guy who used pliers and totally destroyed his atty. several useful looking devices were suggested in that thread. I’ll see if i can hunt it up...

UPDATE: here it is:
Can this be fixed?

Reactions: PatVapes

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
1st, remove your top cap (if that is stuck, you're screwed anyway...) remove the Air flow ring then use a small cloth at the top and one at the bottom (or a larger one as long you have plenty of space between the ends), twist

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
1st, remove your top cap (if that is stuck, you're screwed anyway...) remove the Air flow ring then use a small cloth at the top and one at the bottom (or a larger one as long you have plenty of space between the ends), twist

I’ll try that right. It’s only the bottom part which is stuck.

The various grippers suggested in Can this be fixed? should be more effective

I don’t know if I can find a jar opener around here, but I’ll try waiting until it’s not warm anymore and I’ll put it into the freezer as it was already suggested!

Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You're certainly getting a crash course in vaping. You're going to be an old pro by Christmas! You really need to find a carto tank and get the full experience.
I find carto tanks needlessly expensive and while sometimes the equal of RTAs are generally inferior experiences.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I noticed no one mentioned a key point. You're tightening your tanks too tight! It'll be easier to open the next time if you don't overtighten. OK, I'll stop now. Y'all can carry on telling OP how to take apart his stuck tank. :D

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I noticed no one mentioned a key point. You're tightening your tanks too tight! It'll be easier to open the next time if you don't overtighten. OK, I'll stop now. Y'all can carry on telling OP how to take apart his stuck tank. :D
The only tanks I ever had a problem with was brand new sealed in the box from China. They either have some huge machine screwing them together, or they hired some muscle bound freak to put them together. :(

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread