Status
Not open for further replies.

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
I'm a newbie to the rda world for the most part. I tried some rba's in the past but that was about a year ago. I got my Trident v2 in the mail today and bought some organic cotton and 28 gauge kanthal. I'm doing about a 10 wrap micro coil. Getting 1.9 ohm. The cotton tasted a little off so I boiled it but it will be about a day before it's dry. I've been vaping with the unboiled in the interim. What gauge would be best to get a low ohm (1.4-1.6) with about 9-12 wraps? What volts should I fire at with my 1.9ohm coil I have right now. I'm going at about 4.7 volts and it seems to be doing well. Any advice would help a ton.

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY
I'm at I think 9 wraps of 28 gauge on a 1/16th drill bit running 1.7 ohms with that exact setup. At work today I think I had it set at 4.3 volts which was working nicely for me, haven't felt the need to go up any higher with it.

I would say, for you at 1.9 on 28 gauge, 4.5 to 4.7 would probably be fine as with all them wraps it does take a bit for 28 gauge to heat up.

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY
Would a different gauge be more ideal?

I personally wouldn't use a lower gauge than 28 on a Provari as I don't think it provides enough power to heat up the coil to where it would be an advantage. Any higher of a gauge and you're resistance would be much higher than 1.6 at 9 or more wraps.

Maybe try wrapping a nano coil around a needle or something small like that to get the higher amount of wraps at a lower resistance, would heat up pretty quick I imagine. I've never wrapped on anything smaller than a 1/16th drill bit so I have no actual experience with them though but it may be worth a shot.

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'll probably just grab some different drill bits and just kinda play around to get some experience. Probably some different gauges too. The shop up the street carries 24-34. If anything, my friend that has a mech probably wouldn't mind the extra wire. I obviously just need a lot more experience. Thanks a ton for your help!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread