Trojan????

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
What browser (and version), OS, and antivirus are you using? You can't get a trojan without downloading and running an executable (.exe) file... my guess is a false positive due to browser/OS/antivirus settings picking up something in the JavaScripting or Flash...

Even Google says the site is clean and no malware detected.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Just happened to me too.

mozilla firefox
malwarebytes
avg

scans run every night.
updates are twice a day.
Yes, our subscriptions are paid and current.

Have been on Eastmall site many times, tonight is the first time a Trojan alert came up.

I don't take chances and I believe my software. We had a horrible problem about a year ago and our software guy installed and checks on our system on a regular basis now. I run a business from this computer so I am very very careful and very well protected.

I did not try to download anything from your site. Your home page loads, the alert pops up. I am out of there. I wonder if those hackers aren't after you again ?? Sorry, but I have to trust my eyes, my software and my software guys. I don't care what google says, what you say, what could / might / should / isn't etc happening. I know what I saw. I just reloaded the EM home page and saw the alert again.

After the recent hack job at EM, I am a little nervous about the Trojan Alert.

Thanks,
Paula

Last edited:

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I'm not surprised. This industry is hot and getting hotter. Expect more sites getting hit. My buddy just got his card stolen this morning from another vendor site. They had charges on his card within 5 minutes of him placing his order. Fortunately they raised flags and his bank caught them quickly.

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
Hey Paula
I just checked the site as well, clean for me, and I'm also running mbam (full version), firefox with no script, used IE as well, but I have Symantec Endpoint (Enterprise), it's possible this is a false positive from AVG.
I'm curious 'cuz I'm in IT Security and like to know about false positives before they affect my clients. Which version of AVG are you using and can you tell if in fact the popup was from AVG? I'm just guessing it's avg.

The website does run a lot of scripts lol but they seem to be ok.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
AVG 9.0
last update: 12-23-10 8:41pm

Yes, absolutely the pop up was from AVG.
It stated AVG and had a link to ""Learn More""

As you can probably tell, I am not exactly a computer security wiz.
Some would classify me as exactly the OPPOSITE!!! (I concur with this assessment)

Paula

Virk - PM Sent

Last edited:

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
LOL....at least you're running something. Extra bonus....something updated. I used to run a computer business. Couldn't tell you how many machines came in with either no protection or something months, even years(!), out of date.

Those of you not running security; yes, techs point and laugh at you.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
JonnyVapΣ;2362496 said:
LOL....at least you're running something. Extra bonus....something updated. I used to run a computer business. Couldn't tell you how many machines came in with either no protection or something months, even years(!), out of date.

We ended up with the Re-Direct Virus (or something like that) last year. I thought my puter was protected, but that bugger slipped right in. Then it played around with the system so when I checked on updates, it said everything was A-OK. Ha! Not!!!

Finally I ended up lugging the puter into the tech boys. A chunk-o-change later, I had a working computer and a bunch of new software. And it is worth every penny I paid them. I am not complaining. But I am non-tech savvy enough to know that when the screen says **Problem** I get out of there.

Something tells me this is going to be a bit of a learning experience for me. Hope the lessons are easy. I have baking to do and a couple presents to wrap yet. :)

Merry Christmas,
Paula

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
There's a new version to AVG that you should be able to get, (version is 2011), free and paid for versions are available. It is better but it's also more annoying. No idea if it will clear it up or not, but usually having the most recent version is best, your version is 2 revisions old now.

I'd get the update and also keep the mbam (malwarebytes) updated, it will save you before avg will, that program just rocks!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
JonnyVapΣ;2362496 said:

LOL Jonny, I don't laugh at them, I smile and thank them for their repeat business! Some never learn, most of my clients do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread