Trouble shooting a prodigy v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
So, it was working, albeit at a decreased vapor production, yesterday. It is not working today. The batteries are charged, but I'm not getting anything. My set up has been, 2 tentergy 3 volt batteries, a 510 to 510 converter, sr attomizer, drip shield, drip tip. Nothing changed between yesterday and today except charging the batteries overnight. The batteries are less than a week old.

Any ideas are welcome.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Okay, the switch is a v3.0. As to cleaning it, I haven't (just got it last week), I don't know if the previous owner did either. The nickle screw looks like it has been roughed up, but I don't exactly know what I'm looking for or how it needs to be cleaned. I can try the 510 to 510 adapter on an ego battery to see if that is the culprit.

Besides switching out the nickle screw, what else needs to change for the switch assembly?

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Definitely get the upgrade kit. In the mean time, remove the switch assembly. Set the spring aside and remove the screw. Then place the screw and any washers that were under it to the side. Slide the delrin spring base and metal housing off of the post. Is the post dirty and covered with black marks? If so, clean it with an emery board to remove as much as possible. Then do all of the previous in reverse to reassemble. When you get it back together, place a small bit of Noalox (available at your hardware store in the electrical aisle) on the tip of the screw. Note that once you get the 3.1 upgrade kit, you won't need the Noalox anymore. But you will need to clean the post every other month or so.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
So, it was working, albeit at a decreased vapor production, yesterday. It is not working today. The batteries are charged, but I'm not getting anything. My set up has been, 2 tentergy 3 volt batteries, a 510 to 510 converter, sr attomizer, drip shield, drip tip. Nothing changed between yesterday and today except charging the batteries overnight. The batteries are less than a week old.

Any ideas are welcome.

Sounds like your atomiser was on the way out and has now given up the ghost

ETA: I just read your post in other thread. I find that using SR Joye 510's @ 6v does indeed decrease the lifespan of the atty (especially if you don't continually make sure it's kept wet enough). The batteries come off the charger closer to 6.7v which may also be contributing to atty failure.

Last edited:

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Atty is fine, I figured out what is happening. The screw is not long enough to make contact with the button depressed. I tried to unscrew it a little, it will make contact, but then the switch assembly falls apart. I need like an extra couple of milimeters. Maybe the brass screw is longer? I'll if that works when I get around to ordering the switch upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread