trying out the smoktech terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockironwebb

May 17, 2013
Urbana, IL
I saw the smoktech terminator and for some reason it appealed to me so I ordered it. I am new to vaping(march 28 2013) and it seems I am working my way up to some sort of RBA with tank set up. I started with boge cartos and tank,,,moved to vivi nova,,,tried the AGR for cartos,,and then on to the kanger protank. out of these the protank has been my "go to" juice system. Got the terminator today and so far seems pretty nice,,,,lots of vapor and killer flavor,,,,,,so far. I did go ahead and set it up with the AGR harware. The cost of pre made coils for it is a bit high for me,,,and i've read that recoil/wick on this rig is not for rookies,,,,,,,,but if i can figure cleaning these well enough and get 2 weeks per coil,,i would not mind the high price. I'll fill it up and take it to work tomorrow and re post on how it does "in the field"

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
These have been out for a short while. There's a good thread on them in the RBA section.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. Installing a new coil isn't the easiest, but it's not horribly difficult either. Not sure why you consider it pricey. You can get the whole kit for less than $12.00 shipped and wick and wire is pretty cheap.

rockironwebb

May 17, 2013
Urbana, IL
Can these be used in any XL carto tank? In the pic it looks like a standard Smok carto

It comes with basically an XL carto tank,,,I just put it into my AGR tank because of the fill hole on top and I have had a couple of o ring issues using regular carto tanks,,the AGR seems sturdier to me,,,,for cartos i didn't like it,,but it seems to be working fine with the terminator.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I would recommend using the Terminator RDA in an XL tank. It will fit in some standard-length tanks, but not all.

I have a few X8s, and it will only fit in them if I put a couple extra o-rings on the caps to shim it out a little:

stereodreamer-albums-evic-picture218082-x8-term-02.jpg

And it won't fit in a standard length IBTanked at all, but fits the XL tubes perfectly:

stereodreamer-albums-evic-picture215928-killerclone.jpg

But it DOES fit in a Phiniac Phineer which is a standard length tank. (Sorry I haven't taken a pic of that one yet...)

And it won't fit in an AMP Tank with a standard length tube, but works like a champ in the AMP with the XL length tube:

stereodreamer-albums-evic-picture217988-amp-term-02.jpg

rockironwebb

May 17, 2013
Urbana, IL
firs day on the go. Took my new terminator to work today,,filled with vanilla cupcake from velvet vapors,,,on My main PV VAMO V2,,,,,,I was very pleased. I am an electrician so I work in a rugged environment,,I don't carry my device around all day,,i just find a nice "safe spot" near where I will be working. Very good performance all day long,,no flooding,,tons of vapor on every puff. One very nice thing I enjoyed was the ability to twist down and shut off the juice in the tank and go drip,drip,drip,,,,a second(third,fourth flavor),, and then,,,open it back up and back to vanilla cupcake!as long as you were to use flavors that would clash together too much,,it is a lot better than having 2 protanks filled up and having to swap them out if I feel like a flavor change. overall very happy,,,now to order some wick and wire and work on the rebuild able part of this hobby.

ricklovesnic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have purchased two of the terminator tanks and several replacement terminator "carto" pieces as well as some extra bottom spacers. The first one I bought, I picked up while I was in Montreal last weekend and I used it in an AGR tank with the XL sized tank body. The bottom "spacer" piece lifts the juice holes up off the floor of the tank, so there was about .75ml that I couldn't feed into the atomizer, but other than that it seems to be a great fit for the AGR tank. Unfortunately, I ended up with a gurgly mess and it dumped juice on me more than I would like.

I recoiled it twice and have gotten that process down pretty well, although it's a bit of a pain to get 30ga kanthal to be properly trapped in the positive connection as stated in Todd's review.

Overall, I think this product shows a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to subsequent revisions.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

joemikel

Mar 31, 2013
G.Canaria-Spain
The "bottom spacer", 510 to 510 adapter or as you like to name it, is the keypoint. You can use the terminator without this adapter only as a dripper (a too airy one), it's imposible to use the terminator in any kind ogf tank without it. And any usual 510 to 510 adapter will not work, as the smok one has a spring pin to keep the circuit when we open the adapter to let the juice in. Usual adapters will not make contact when opened. I have been looking for the original smok adapters (with the spring pin), and had found nothing.... You can get it only as a kit with terminator. No matter if you buy 20 spare attys, you will not be able to use more than one terminator at the same time. Am I wrong about the adapters?, Did anyone found them anywhere?

Last edited:

tadeus

Aug 17, 2012
Illinois
The "bottom spacer", 510 to 510 adapter or as you like to name it, is the keypoint. You can use the terminator without this adapter only as a dripper (a too airy one), it's imposible to use the terminator in any kind ogf tank without it. And any usual 510 to 510 adapter will not work, as the smok one has a spring pin to keep the circuit when we open the adapter to let the juice in. Usual adapters will not make contact when opened. I have been looking for the original smok adapters (with the spring pin), and had found nothing.... You can get it only as a kit with terminator. No matter if you buy 20 spare attys, you will not be able to use more than one terminator at the same time. Am I wrong about the adapters?, Did anyone found them anywhere?

Got my 5 replaceable Terminators this weekend, and you're right, without the right adapter it wont work in any tank. luckily the website where I bought the replacement terminators had also the right adapters for sale: Smoktech Terminator Tank 510 adapter

I'm waiting now for the AGR tanks I have ordered for my wife and me, will let you all know how it works during this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread