Carto Tanks - Very Little Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
What did you use to slot them with? Dremel? How many slots, and how big? Got pics?
slottedcart.jpg

I used a dremel. PBusardo has a good video on slotting carts.

I would much prefer to get prepunched cartos as I think they look much nicer.

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
Try a blend of 70/30, Lessing the vg amount should help to saturate it b
etter
floatingtrem:8794977 said:
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm vaping 50/50 Mt Baker juice with 2 hole pre punched cartos. The tanks I'm using are cheap Smoktechs and a nice glass one (from Vermillion River I believe). I know the tank itself shouldn't matter much, but I'm pretty new to cartos in general.

I've got plenty of airflow and my draw is slow and steady. I've tried changing it up here and there, with mixed results. I am a chain vaper, and have noticed the first hit after awhile is a little better, but not by much.

Is it possible a poorly primed carto would just perform subpar, and not just dry up?

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
You should be getting plumes of Vapor though, I use smoktech and boge tanks. I use a mix of 70/30 or 80/20 and it works great. And them being cheap has nothing to do with your Vapor problem, it's all about what carto u use, not the tank. 50/50 blend really is pretty thick for those little holes. Just try lessening your vg :)

floatingtrem:8794977 said:
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm vaping 50/50 Mt Baker juice with 2 hole pre punched cartos. The tanks I'm using are cheap Smoktechs and a nice glass one (from Vermillion River I believe). I know the tank itself shouldn't matter much, but I'm pretty new to cartos in general.

I've got plenty of airflow and my draw is slow and steady. I've tried changing it up here and there, with mixed results. I am a chain vaper, and have noticed the first hit after awhile is a little better, but not by much.

Is it possible a poorly primed carto would just perform subpar, and not just dry up?

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
I'm gonna try this too as soon as my punch gets here:
View attachment 184127

it will flood your cartomizer. air will enter freely in the tank causing the liquid to leak. i did try this with some non working cartos long time ago. they leaked all the liquid immediately.

Last edited:

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
You should be getting plumes of Vapor though, I use smoktech and boge tanks. I use a mix of 70/30 or 80/20 and it works great. And them being cheap has nothing to do with your Vapor problem, it's all about what carto u use, not the tank. 50/50 blend really is pretty thick for those little holes. Just try lessening your vg :)
I switched to Boge and have been very pleased using my 50/50 juice.

I know the cheap tanks won't affect the vapor, but someone asked which tanks I was using. They work just fine for me, but the O-ring seals are pretty awful.

I was getting plently of juice in the old cartos, but there seem to be a bunch of bad Smoktechs going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread