Trying to decide between a Roller or 69 Mod.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Howdy Hi All!

Wondering if any of you all have owned or tried both these mods and care to share your opinions between the two.

Been thinking on picking up another mech mod and have narrowed it down to these two I think. Might look at the Poldiac too, would love a Chi-You but a bit too crazy to get right now.

Seen a couple reviews on the 69 that look good, and a few... not so nice things to say about it in the GG forums.

Thanks!

Last edited:

M3RkN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Death Star
In 18350 mode the 69 is taller almost by a quarter inch. The 69 is heavier. The Roller has brass contacts, and the 69 has gold plated contacts. Both atty contacts are adjustable, but the 69 is reverse threaded so when you tighten the atty it doesn't make the center pin go down any farther. The 69 also has adjustable vents on the top cap that feed through the 510 connection to allow a flush look if your using a bottom feeding atty. The switch on the dingo works and feels better than the 69. The 69's switch is top firing or pinky firing depending on your preference. They both work equally as good, though the 69 is higher maintenance and requires more cleaning than the Roller. I own the 69, and tested the Roller. I went with the 69 because its a sexier device imo. I have the option of top firing or pinky firing. On the days I don't feel like using an rba and just want to use a tank I can make it sit flush and adjust the air flow. You cant adjust the airflow on the Roller but it doesn't effect its performance. Especially if your using an rba, then it just doesn't matter. Good luck in finding one. The Poldiac is highly recommended. My buddy has one on the way.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I rather enjoy my Roller, enough where I sold a GG and kept the Roller. Switch feels good, parts are available and the Atmizoo service is great. I have a rhodium plated spring in it but I can't tell if that is making a difference.

I have a dingo tube for it which I will probably sell at some point, I like the Roller in 18350 better because I can stick a shortstop in there.

69 looks sexy but seemed a bit more complex and harder to obtain.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Thanks for the feedback guys. Have heard good things about the Poldiac but also heard flipping the button placement is not as easy as a 69.

In no rush to get something so whichever (roller or 69) comes up when I feel like buying I will grab. Though yeah, I certainly think the 69 is a bit sexier, and not super common. Maybe with people falling all over each other trying to get a Chi-You or what6ever i can slip in and grab a 69 up.

Also interested in seeing how things shape up with The Dome for a top.

M3RkN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Death Star
Also interested in seeing how things shape up with The Dome for a top.

I was gonna pick up a Dingo anyways; until I found out about The Dome and Nemesis. Nemesis is supposed to have several configuration options. I hope a brass body is one of those options. Plus The Dome will be compatible with Nemesis and 69 converting them into hybrids.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
I've not been able to purchase yet... but have tried out both...

Roller, hands down.

Just the simplicity and the Quality of the button... the 69 is a sweet device and the versatility is a neat trick... but it's just not even close.

O jeeze, not making this easy for me! Just kidding... I do like what I do like what I see of the Roller. Then again same with the 69, and I was born in 69!

I think there is really only one solution and that is to buy both..... Not sure how that will go over at home :p

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
O jeeze, not making this easy for me! Just kidding... I do like what I do like what I see of the Roller. Then again same with the 69, and I was born in 69!

I think there is really only one solution and that is to buy both..... Not sure how that will go over at home :p

I was absolutely agonizing over this same thing, you might even be able to find my thread which is similar to this one. LOL

Then I tried the Roller... AND the 69... Felt the buttons... And that did it... The roller just screams quality in your hand... I lost all interest in the 69....

OK that's a lie, I'd love an Eric's Edition 69... But only cause it's sick looking... Not based on anything but looks.

------------------
Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
I was absolutely agonizing over this same thing, you might even be able to find my thread which is similar to this one. LOL

Then I tried the Roller... AND the 69... Felt the buttons... And that did it... The roller just screams quality in your hand... I lost all interest in the 69....

OK that's a lie, I'd love an Eric's Edition 69... But only cause it's sick looking... Not based on anything but looks.

------------------
Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

Yeah the Eric Edition is what I was shooting for. We will see. Been reading up more on Poldiac too but.... pretty pricey for what looks to be similar quality level.

FYI- The Poldiac is beautifully built. I have 2 and have used them for 3 weeks...no issues. The machining is superb and the finish is great. It feels more like a piece of jewelry than an industrial tool. I can't recommend the Poldiac enough, it's easy to disassemble and clean. Easy to adjust the positive post height, button is really clean and slick. You'll find like most people, you never want to change the button to the bottom. It's a very solid and very well thought out Mod....and it has a nice weight to it. That said, I have a roller on it's way.....I guess I'll have to do a side by side comp of each.

Happy shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread