Trying to get back into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

txskimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
Houston,TX
So my journey has been up and down. I went awhile without touching my vape stuff but not to long ago I started dipping/smoking again. Well it's probably been several months since but I'm starting to get underwhelmed with my setup and could use some advice. Admittedly I have zero idea what I'm doing. Currently I have an RX200 with a Diablo rda and usually run it with dual 28g micros at around .5ohms. In anticipation for Nicotickets relaunched I wanted to upgrade and make sure I get a better experience once that juice arrives. I just started reading last night but the two RDAs I've seen mentioned that caught my eye were The Drop and Dead Rabbit.

I could use some guidance to say the least lol. I do want a different rda but I'm sure the build has a way bigger impact on things. It doesn't seem like 28g is too popular anymore. Should I stick with kanthal and just get a thicker wire? Time to move on and trying SS? Any help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to being back here and hopefully won't ever be tempted to smoke/dip in the future.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Drop or Dead Rabbit are both fine dual coil direct to lung atties. Also consider the Bonza as a great low cost option. Most folks are vaping at a bit lower resistance than 0.5 ohms these days. If your cells are safely rated for it, consider a switch to 26g wire (I use NiCr80, lots of folks use stainless) or some nice fused claptons at around 0.2 ohms, this may be a bit more satisfying for you.

One guys opinion only...:D

Reactions: CagedSpam

txskimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
Houston,TX
Drop or Dead Rabbit are both fine dual coil direct to lung atties. Also consider the Bonza as a great low cost option. Most folks are vaping at a bit lower resistance than 0.5 ohms these days. If your cells are safely rated for it, consider a switch to 26g wire (I use NiCr80, lots of folks use stainless) or some nice fused claptons at around 0.2 ohms, this may be a bit more satisfying for you.

One guys opinion only...:D

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I have some prebuilt coils that are .5 and I guess I just had it stuck in my head from awhile back never to really venture lower than that.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I have some prebuilt coils that are .5 and I guess I just had it stuck in my head from awhile back never to really venture lower than that.
Two of those prebuilts on a dual deck coming in at~0.25 ohm will be a much nicer, warmer vape than a single at 0.5 would be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread