Trying to understand how these things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
I have a bad habit of taking stuff apart to find out how it works. I've only had my 901 for about a week now so don't want to take it apart just yet:).

I think i have it figured out how it works so thought i'd check my theory with you guys.

The battery is where the vaccum switch is, it makes it connection to the atomizer through the threads. When you draw on it the switch operates allowing current to pass to the atomizer coil heating up the liquid in the cart et voila vapour.

If anyone has any schematics i'd be interested in seeing them.

Thanks in advance

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
this is not a bad video. the visuals are rendered well. there are some errors though like calling the vapour "water vapour" and then the part on the atomizer makes it seem like the steel wool bridge heats up when it reality it is a thin wire wrapped around a small length of unknown material that heats the liquid which is wicked to the this fibre by way of the steel wool.

Code:
https://www.myinlife.com/dist_site/how_it_works.html

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Thanks for the video links guys ..... definitely explains things better. Now my mind is going to ponder on if/how i could possibly make my own esmoking device.

We do have a pretty smart electrical engineer who works here. We also have a bunch of leds, batteries, soldering irons, wire etc and even a vacuum switch or two just laying around not doing anything ....... :w00t:.

I just need to digest everything for a while and maybe wait for some parts of my 901 to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread