Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
These are custom hand made replacement switches. The axis post and spring get removed and these go in their place. I installed them and put the same batts and attys back on, and I am getting at least 25% more power. The switch throw is almost non existent and requires almost no pressure on the button to fire. Never a mis-fire, never tarnishes.
Oh yes that is a mod stand I am making. It is still on progress...
DSC07682_zpsfe7fab65.jpg

DSC07687_zps9fc25c52.jpg

DSC07691_zpsf2a46c4f.jpg

DSC07698_zps3f29e37e.jpg

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
GGTS has 0,1 voltage loss at 3,7 volt with 1,5 ohm wire and its button has no amperage limits. Also it doesnt get broke and in case that doesnt vape well we just clean the button. So I dont really see a reason to put electronic switch on GGTS except this button adds some ability to GGTS.

I dont say something bad for the friend that made it, its a really great construction. I am just wondering about the reasons he made it:)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I am not a fan of electronics in my TS. I feel it being violated :D. What is the limitations on the switch, amp limit that is?

I just asked the maker this question...

GGTS has 0,1 voltage loss at 3,7 volt with 1,5 ohm wire and its button has no amperage limits. Also it doesnt get broke and in case that doesnt vape well we just clean the button. So I dont really see a reason to put electronic switch on GGTS except this button adds some ability to GGTS.

I dont say something bad for the friend that made it, its a really great construction. I am just wondering about the reasons he made it:)

I also asked the maker this question. I thought it best that he answers your question.

I can tell you that I am taking my buttons apart to clean twice a week. There is a spot on the axis post that will not come clean any more. So I am always getting a hot button. Sometimes I have to press the button very hard to get it to fire. Also there are no shorts in my atomizer coils. I am also very well versed in building coils in Ody and Genesis attys. I have been using the TS and Stealth for at least 6-8 months. I have 16 other mechanical mods. So I am very familiar with how these circuits work.
I think overall the TS is a brilliant design, and I love it. But, the flat button making contact with a round axis post is the only flaw.
This new switch eliminates this problem.

I will post the makers response to your question once he responds.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks kw:)

You can use mesh to clean it because mesh shines it too, so you will not have any problems so often.
As for the marks that dont leave, thats a strange situation. Black marks on my GGTS button leave too easy. Its only 1 min work but the best thing is that you can do it. On the other hand, you cant do much things on an electronic button

I have to say again that I am not trying to abate your friend work, its very nice for sure, I am just wondering:)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
There are a few of the switches left. If anybody wants them PM me.

Imeo,
I asked your question. Here is the answer from the maker:

"I just saw your post on ecf.
Sadly i dont have the right to write a comment, because i did not wrote that much as a new member at ECF.
The reason why i made them is very simple.
As i became my first GGTS i always had that connectivity problems.
Also with the copper Spring, axxis and button.
Frequent cleaning helped unfortunately only briefly.
And i was .......* tired about that problems.
The last thing i tried before engeneering the electronical switch was a special battery-fat.
Not even that helped a long time.
The problem with the copper is that the material gets oxidize.
The oxide layer is a terrible conductor.
So you have to clean it very often.
Many of my friends had this connectivity problem too.
So i made the electronical switch to solve that itchy problem.
I got my prototype since 6 months in use and it still working perfect.
Problem solved. :D "

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
This cant be done twitt because while you screw the venting cap, you dont know where it will stop. So the curved post maybe will sit on the other side of the switch.

I really dont have any problem with switch. GGTS has 0,1 voltage drop only, thats one of the best around if not the best. And the cleaning prossedure dont last more than 60 seconds.:)

And thats why I made the brass pack. That way noone will have any firing issues

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread