Tubing for feeder mod, what size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foretwoone

Mar 5, 2010
NY
Im starting another box mod, but this time im doing a V.V top feeder. Just finished getting a regulator from TI and i ordered some part from madvapes. Only thing i cant figure out is what size tubing to use for the feeder. I'd like to use a pump bottle and make it similar to the one madvapes offers at 3.7v, but mine would include two 14500's with a manual trimmer to make it variable.

Any ideas where i can get tubing that will fit into the head of the pump bottle?

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
Stainless might not work great for a pump feeder Java...but maybe mostly stainless with a small piece for the flex at the pump head. If your in a real pinch foretwoon, one of those grill lighters with the long neck can be cannabalized for the small dia. tubing. If you want some in quantity, try Mcmaster - carr. I think ( not sure I would have to look it up ) it is 3mm OD 2mm ID ?

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Actually it works really well as long as your bottle is directly centered with your connector. One piece from the atomizer to inside the bottle. Drill a hole in the top cap and dropper on the bottle put a o ring on the tube in between the cap and dropper. When you tighten the cap on the bottle you have a nice leak proof connection. Once in the bottle you can use a short piece of flexible tubing to make squeezing easier. But thats just how i do it there are a ton of different ways people have theirs hooked up( a lot of it depends on what kinda case your going to be slapping it into ). Really the only wrong way is if it leaks all over your electronics.

Last edited:

foretwoone

Mar 5, 2010
NY
rockproof, how do you get the tube through the top of the pump bottle? Do i need to drill a hole in the pump part, and do i need to block the original spray hole? I know i saw a mod a while back where someone had the bottom of the bottle sticking out of a box and they just pushed up to spray a few drops into the atty. Cant seem to find the thread anymore though.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
I don't come through the top (although you can and if you did probably go the route you guessed). I come right out of the side (where the original hole was) by just expanding the hole size with a drill bit and super gluing in the tube. See pic attached of my 14500 copper mod with the feeder backpacked (the eGo is shown for scale).

Attachments

• 102_5231.jpg
    102_5231.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 54

perlionsmitnick

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
TX
rockproof, how do you get the tube through the top of the pump bottle? Do i need to drill a hole in the pump part, and do i need to block the original spray hole? I know i saw a mod a while back where someone had the bottom of the bottle sticking out of a box and they just pushed up to spray a few drops into the atty. Cant seem to find the thread anymore though.

I use This pump (the top 10ml bottle) with a 1 inch piece of this tubing shoved in the outlet hole and epoxied to the bottle and this tubing which extends to my mouthpiece out of the box mod.

Trust me this works. One pump to the tottle bottle will produce 2 drops. For one drop you can reduce the bottle pump stroke with some jb weld or epoxy or just make a half pump stroke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread