tug mod update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Bought a tug mod a month or two ago. Initially I loved it. It's also manufactured local which is cool.

It seems like it hit's great on a fresh battery after some minor tinkering I did with the switch. After about an hour the voltage drops way off. I'll put the same battery in my smpl and it hits just fine, swap it back and it's as if the battery is dead. I can generally run a single battery on my smpl for 6-8 hours before I notice a big drop. The tug mod drops within an hour.

I suspect it is in part due to the 4nine-esque switch but I've noticed the aluminum oxidates pretty quickly in the threads. I clean the threads and it helps but still it seems to lag.

I still like the mod but I sure wish I could figure out why the performance drops off so quickly.

BTW, on the switch I've added a small washer under the adjustable copper pin to shorten the throw which gives a more consistent contact. Without the washer each hit is inconsistent due to poor contact (I think).

Just a heads up and if you've had a different experience, I'd love to hear it. I really dig the mod and would like to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread