The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Tugboat V1 RDA

Discussion in 'RDA' started by buildabane, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. buildabane

buildabane Senior Member

Sep 11, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey all, I have been learning, building, and vaping on the Tugboat V1. I really, really do love this thing, plus it looks awesome on my Caravela. I think the simplicity of it is what attracted me (my first RDA ever). I also love the airholes - Because I LOVE dual coils and I love lung hits. I've been getting into subohm vaping with the Tug, and it has been getting hot on me. I did replace the insulated drip tip with a new, wide bore tip that I find to be better (although a bit warmer). I am running dual micros (I forgot how many wraps I did, it's 26 gauge Kanthal) at 0.34 Ohms. This is the lowest I have gone so far (yes I have proper batteries and use my Ohm's law calculator regularly). When I took my first lung hit on the 0.34, I was pretty impressed. Instead of sucking hard on that drip tip, I felt like the vapor was almost being catapulted into my lungs! Using 3mg nic and 80% VG juice, this did give me some nice clouds and I got a warm vape with good flavor. I noticed after about 7 hits, my Tug was getting hot. Now obviously I expected this because subohms = more heat, so duh. The battery or switch never changed temp (throwing this is so you all know I that I am being safe). I am now looking at the airflow on the Tug. Now that I have established that I love a handful of big, dense, warm hits instead of 25 meh ones (I was previously running dual coil with a total resistance of 0.42 Ohms). The big question - The Tugboat comes with 3/32 (so ...2.5mm?) drilled air holes set up one on each side of the device, lined up with the dual coils this works great, and I always make sure that my coils are right in front of those air holes. The dilemma now is to add more air, since I will be running this exclusively on dual coil, sub ohm builds. I would use the extra airflow for cooling the tug down faster when I am vaping on it. I don't find the stock draw to be airy (unless you run single coil, which I never do). Thinking about drilling out the holes just a little bit bigger than 3/32. What do you guys think? A little more air couldn't hurt, but I don't want it to be overly airy. Why do my posts always turn out to be so much longer than I wanted them to? Lol. Any help would be appreciated!!:vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.