Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I only have a tugboat v1 and v2 for mechs both hybrids, it doesn't bother me but I did manage to short the v2 using a clone on it. It heated up so fast it collapsed the spring but in the end it's funny it actually made it better the spring was quite stiff before. It's much smoother now after I stretched it back out. I only use attys with long centerpins on them now though, not taking any chances.
I hope you realize that if your device ever shorts again, that spring won't collapse as it is intended to again!!!

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
The tugboat, slammed cap, and v1 mod finally arrived this past Monday. USPS literally never updated. :/

Anyhow, I've used both the stock cap and slammed cap quite a bit the last few days. I'd say, the vape is VERY similar to the derringer with the slammed cap but having a little deeper juice well helps in avoiding over dripping. That being said, I've found that I prefer the stock cap. The slight resistance in the draw does make this atty shine flavor wise and when adjusting the airflow on the derringer to match with the same build, the derringer tends to get way too hot. I seem to get a comparable vape vapor density wise on a 6 wrap 24 gauge build in the tugboat as a 5 wrap 22 gauge build in the derringer (wide open to avoid the hot atty) making the ramp up time slightly, yet noticibly quicker. The build quality on the derringer is quite good but I think the build quality of the tugboat is just a hair better. The way the barrel sort of "snaps" onto the deck everytime is strangely satisfying.

Overall, I give the tugboat v2 two thumbs up and it has bumped my derringer into the number 2 spot in my favorite atty rotation.

84C36847-2321-4F23-8CFF-D42BCC12BCED_zps4fm6j9rw.jpg

Hell yea! I'm glad to hear that it's working out well man.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
I got my Slammed Cap in the mail a week ago. From my point of view, it has noticeably improved the flavor. Not that the flavor was lacking in the stock cap. It's just that now with the Slammed Cap, it really pops. I'm using a VG heavy Strawberry Cheesecake juice, and I love it. Since I prefer warmer vapes, I also do appreciate that this setup warms up quicker than the stock cap. I've tried it both on the Tugboat Copper Cerakoted Mech Mod and on a Yihi SX Mini, and it works great on both. Dual coil; 26g kanthal; 8 wraps; 2.5mm inner diameter; reading 0.36 ohms. Here are some crappy photos from my phone.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Awesome man, looks good! Try building those coils out closer to the airholes on your next build. I have mine like a mm or less from the airlholes and it makes a huge difference and you can actually vape the cotton dry without burning it, who needs temp control?!?! Lol

Update to my other story, Flawless has now sent me the original black with dark blue splatter RDA I originally ordered on top of sending me the v2 mod, mind you I never complained and would have sent the mod back if they asked. I double checked my credit cards and no new charges so I guess they are letting me keep the v2 mod for free. Black, dark blue splatter v2 mod + a v2 black dark blue splatter RDA for 70 bucks, Flawless is the most standup company in the business in my opinion. I pretty much got a v2 mod for free. I will be a customer of there's for life. Love these guys! 'Murica!!!

first of all i have to say, i love Flawless, they are great. i can agree with the lack in shipping updates when waiting for packages from them though. for some reason whenever i order anything from them USPS updates like never happen, but when i order from other vendors the tracking is always updated.

secondly, i bought the v2 mod with top cap for their 4th of July sale and it has easily turned into my favorite mod/top cap combination. i was at the nj vape expo over the weekend and picked up another tugboat v2 rda for $60 because i just love the atty. i dont think i have ever had any leaking from the v2...except when over dripping a little bit. and even though the v2 mod is 24mm, your 22mm atty's will still look pretty cool on them.

i also have the anarchist top cap but dont really use it, like ever. the slam cap (22mm) and top cap that came with the v2 mod (24mm) are fuggin awesome.

the only thing i hope is that somehow Flawless can manage either a two post or four post design in the v3 tugboat:thumbs:

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Awesome man, looks good! Try building those coils out closer to the airholes on your next build. I have mine like a mm or less from the airlholes and it makes a huge difference and you can actually vape the cotton dry without burning it, who needs temp control?!?! Lol

Update to my other story, Flawless has now sent me the original black with dark blue splatter RDA I originally ordered on top of sending me the v2 mod, mind you I never complained and would have sent the mod back if they asked. I double checked my credit cards and no new charges so I guess they are letting me keep the v2 mod for free. Black, dark blue splatter v2 mod + a v2 black dark blue splatter RDA for 70 bucks, Flawless is the most standup company in the business in my opinion. I pretty much got a v2 mod for free. I will be a customer of there's for life. Love these guys! 'Murica!!!

Thanks for advise bluehaze! I'll definitely make sure to try that on the next build... anything to further prevent dry burns is definitely worth a try. Every nickel build I've attempted always ends up being too cool... never warm enough.

As for your experience with Flawless... that is just great to hear! Too seldom do we get to hear positive reinforcing stories about businesses. You certainly were treated right. Only if these other Chinese companies, and American for that matter, would take a page out of Flawless' book, they would build a loyal customer base. Again, I'm hella glad everything worked out well!

@Niloy63 - That setup looks nice! Glad you're enjoying the Slammed Cap after we were all hyping it up.

Thank you! And yes... it certainly lived up to the hype. Another great reason why ECF is awesome, because a lot of the advise is RELIABLE! Thanks again jhhollier!

Reactions: jhhollier

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
oops... double post. My bad!

Hey, Niloy. Sorry I haven't got back when I got my slam cap it's just a pain to use photobucket, imgur, etc on my phone and get pics uploaded.

Well let me say I like the slam cap but I like the stock cap better. I get more flavor and warmth from the stock cap maybe it's my build, dual 3mm 24ga parallels .18 ohms. It's hard to get the coils close enough to the top cap for the airflow and you can't take the upper half off to check and adjust. Biggest con the air intake should have been dropped lower or at least leave the single hole where its at and flip the 2 top holes under the single hole. I guess I'm being picky I can't machine a rda. :pervy:
I haven't used the stock cap since so I guess I'm happy. The Derringer style drip tip I got from eBay is definitely a must I was gonna burn a hole in my lip at first with how hot the metal tip gets.

Anyway here's the pic I promised you with the mod I keep it on.

20150721_210854_zpsf74bacec.jpg

Reactions: Niloy63

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Almost forgot it is the brushed finish cap. Wish I was better at taking pics to show how good it really looks with the brushed Zero 50w. The etching isn't as dark or stand out as the stock cap but the profile as a whole overall looks alot better.

I did compare this with the stock cap and the stock cap chamber is just a tad larger just because it's conical shape, which I believe gives it the edge on flavor compared to the flat underside of the slamcap. The stock cap upper half is just soo chunky giving it that larger appearance and it is just about as low on top of my coils just as much as the slam cap.
Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining just what I was thinking about. Like I said I'm happy and probably won't take the slamcap off.

Last edited:

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Alright so I'm starting g to get the hang of photobucket so here's a better pic in light. I will say I like the look of it on my snowwolf I just got this week.

20150722_182449_zpsuoe77pec.jpg

I'm definitely get a better vape now being able to go over 50W. This is my first high wattage device over 50W besides using a mech.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Alright so I'm starting g to get the hang of photobucket so here's a better pic in light. I will say I like the look of it on my snowwolf I just got this week.

20150722_182449_zpsuoe77pec.jpg

I'm definitely get a better vape now being able to go over 50W. This is my first high wattage device over 50W besides using a mech.

Congratulations on your Snow Wolf 200W! :headbang: I recently got the Asmodus 26650 Fat Snow Wolf Mech Mod for my birthday. I love it! Asmodus quality has shown to be amazing, so I can only imagine how great your Snow Wolf is treating you! How far do you actually go up in wattage when using your Snow Wolf? For regulated devices, I have an SX Mini (60W) and an IPV4 (100W), but I usually don't take it above 38W, at least when using RDAs. I've been able to comfortably hit the tanks harder though (45-55W).

Do you mind sharing your setup? I do like warmer vaping, which has been the major reason why I haven't dug my heels further into Temp control with Ni200 wire. Granted, I've only tried 3 builds, but I've been discouraged because I can't seem to get a vape warmer than what feels like room temperature... too anemic for my taste.

Oh... and I'm glad you like the Slammed Cap. I'm sorry that you feel the stock cap is treating you better, because I'm sure you might be feeling, "What the hell was the point of getting it if it's not better?!" But at least you have another good, viable option to use if you want to change things up a bit.

-Niloy

PS - your picture quality is a hell of a lot better than mine as you can clearly tell from my pictures... whose quality seem to be reminiscent of the '70s. :cry: And I thought the iPhone 6 camera was supposed to be descent. lol In all actuality, it's probably my fault since I have no concept of lighting and shadows. haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryanmcg1

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Haha. On that tugboat I played around a little bit and found 60-65W. I have a Tobeco Velocity I got about a week ago too and I have put a dual parallel 24ga kanthal in it and the same was enjoying 60-65W and with all the airflow open I was fine with 70w.

I'm like you and haven't really enjoyed temp control on my vaporflask with nickel builds or the vapor shark nickel coils in the Silo Beast. I took that kanthal out the Velocity and put a dual twisted 30ga nickel build in it now and have played around with it at 510° 70W and definitely got a better vape I can see myself vaping it more, maybe I need to get used to it. I ended up trying the Silo Beast again with the nickel coils and after a few hours playing with the temp and watts I went back at the same 510° 70W and have really left that on the snowwolf for the last few days and now I'm enjoying it.

I have a few feet of 26ga titanium I'm put in the Velocity this weekend after I play with the nickel build in it for a little while again. I hope the Ti wire gets rid of the flavor I'm getting from the nickel builds I've tried, that's what I hear anyway that it's a cleaner taste then Nickel and Kanthal.
The Velocity with the 2 post and 4 post holes is the best for nickel, being able to make the dozen spaced wraps without having to bend the leads, having seperate post holes above either makes clipping the leads easier too and its able to make a solid connection even tightening down pretty good the screws against the post hasn't clipped the nickel either. I'm glad I picked it up will definitely get another to maybe have a Ni and Ti setup or one of the Temp wires and Kanthal setup. Or maybe I will pick up a Stumpy looks promising too for Temp builds.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Nice! Speaking of the Tobeco Velocity RDA...

I'm using mine today! lol I recently picked it up, figuring if I wanted to drop $125 on an RDA, I'd better try it out first! The first build I had on there definitely did not live up to the hype. Last night, I through on a dual Clapton coil build: 26g Kanthal wrapped in 32g Kanthal, 4 wraps, 3.0mm internal diameter, running at 0.48 ohms. I love this thing now between 47.5-52.5W. The air control on the Velocity is insane. I think the Clapton coils put the flavor into overdrive.

Reading your post, I'll try messing with a Clapton or twisted nickel build and see if that changes things up. Or maybe even try a titanium build. I'm not sure if this was already built in, but I believe the new Yihi SX 350J chip update includes something about Titanium builds. I was keeping the temperature in the low to mid 400s Fahrenheit. Maybe I should push it a little more like you're doing. Perhaps that may give me the warmth I'm looking for.

As for the Tobeco Velocity, one of the posts is wobbly, and a couple of the post screws are annoyingly difficult to set in and are on the verge of stripping. Obviously I didn't expect much more from a clone, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on an RDA for $125. I recently got the "13 Heavens 9 Hells" RDA by Compvape, and I love it! Truly my favorite RDA thus far. It's built like a tank, comes with different top cap colors (black and gold), and multiple drip tip options! I hate that I possibly just sounded like a salesman. lol But it really is that awesome!

Link: 13 Heavens 9 Hells RDA by Compvape In Stock - RBA Vapor Store

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
[QUOTE="Niloy63, post: 16184178, member: 255773" [/QUOTE]
I was doin the same at 410° on my VF and always see people say on the forums to raise the temp so I did and it's getting better. Raise your temp to 480°-510° as long as your juiced up and don't intentionally dry burn your wick to get as much juice out of it as possible it won't burn your wick. Temp control will still throttle down and you will know when you need to drip.

I'll say I have been looking at the 13 Heavens the past week and deciding when I'm get it. But the money I've spent on the snowwolf and I needed to make another diy order more then a rda, maybe in another 2 weeks.

My tobeco velocity hasn't had any problems and I tightened down on my Ni coils till they flattened the wire. Just pick up another clobe if it gets unusanle they are cheap enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread