RDA Tugboat V2 RDA - Slam Cap vs. Anarchist Competition Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Shipping is pretty fast, email/customer service is not, i've had a lot of experience with it this past week lol I originally ordered a black/dark blue spatter tugboat v2 rda back on the 1st? Whenever the sale first started it showed up the 3rd day after I ordered it only it wasn't the RDA, they shipped me the v2 mod black with dark blue splatter and a dark blue vapesox by mistake.

I had also ordered a Zombie splatter v1 mod for the $30 flash sale the next day on the 2nd both items showed up the same day but I couldn't use the v2 with the cap because I now didn't have a tugboat deck. Went to local vape shop and the guy hooked me up with a used and a bit janky I think its a clone tugboat deck for free which I got working pretty good and threw it on the v2 mod and this thing is amazing, it's like clouds AND flavor for days.

I guess because its a slammed cap but it's 24mm wide you get a higher volume airflow/juice density while still maintaining the short distance from the coils to the drip tip it's just an insane vape. I haven't used any other mod since. I've emailed them about the mistake but didn't hear back in time so ordered a zombie splatter v2 RDA for the 67 bucks or whatever it was the last day of the sale to go with my v1 zombie splatter mod, which should be here tomorrow, curious to see how good this thing vapes with an authentic non janky deck on it but this was like the best mistake ever, I don't know if they're gonna ask me to send back the v2 mod or what but damn I really want to keep it now lol.

WOW!.. That's a good F Up on them if it works out for you.

But hold up, you say the slam cap is 24 mm? It doesn't look that way in any pic I've seen of it one h mods. I guess it will be ok because I can just use it on my Zero, but would like to use it every now and then on my mech.

One question for you or anybody. I just realized the air intake holes look so close to the top of the cap. How do you place your build, with the coils low and air ow hitting the top of the coils or is the underside of the cap concave and can slightly put them high enough to hit the side of the coils?

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
A 50W SX Zero with the brushed battery sleeve and sometimes a Stingray X mech.

Nice! :headbang: I haven't heard much about the SX Zero, but I've only heard good things about it.

I pulled the trigger on the $20 SS mod, a tugboat v2 and slammed cap during the sale also. I got a tracking number Monday morning and the shipping is 1-3 days. I'm hoping it's comparable on the flavor side of things to my derringer because I sure have been jonsing for a tugboat for a couple of months.

Let us know how you compare it to your derringer when it comes in.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Shipping is pretty fast, email/customer service is not, i've had a lot of experience with it this past week lol I originally ordered a black/dark blue spatter tugboat v2 RDA back on the 1st? Whenever the sale first started it showed up the 3rd day after I ordered it only it wasn't the RDA, they shipped me the v2 mod black with dark blue splatter and a dark blue vapesox by mistake.

I had also ordered a Zombie splatter v1 mod for the $30 flash sale the next day on the 2nd both items showed up the same day but I couldn't use the v2 with the cap because I now didn't have a tugboat deck. Went to local vape shop and the guy hooked me up with a used and a bit janky I think its a clone tugboat deck for free which I got working pretty good and threw it on the v2 mod and this thing is amazing, it's like clouds AND flavor for days.

I guess because its a slammed cap but it's 24mm wide you get a higher volume airflow/juice density while still maintaining the short distance from the coils to the drip tip it's just an insane vape. I haven't used any other mod since. I've emailed them about the mistake but didn't hear back in time so ordered a zombie splatter v2 RDA for the 67 bucks or whatever it was the last day of the sale to go with my v1 zombie splatter mod, which should be here tomorrow, curious to see how good this thing vapes with an authentic non janky deck on it but this was like the best mistake ever, I don't know if they're gonna ask me to send back the v2 mod or what but damn I really want to keep it now lol.

Wow... I'm glad that mess turned out well for you. I think the new Tugboat Mod/RDA V2 splatters have slightly different dimensions. I remember reading that the mod is thicker, so it would make sense that the matching RDA/aftermarket add-ons would be as well. I'm glad you're happy with your Tugboat mod. I'm extremely happy as well. The newer copper cerakoted versions hit well! Only if I could sustain a fresh battery's quality of vape on the Tugboat, it would be used much more often than just at home.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nice! :headbang: I haven't heard much about the SX Zero, but I've only heard good things about it.

Can do. USPS hasn't updated since Monday but I'm hoping it shipped out Tuesday. If so, I should have it by Friday or Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
WOW!.. That's a good F Up on them if it works out for you.

But hold up, you say the slam cap is 24 mm? It doesn't look that way in any pic I've seen of it one h mods. I guess it will be ok because I can just use it on my Zero, but would like to use it every now and then on my mech.

One question for you or anybody. I just realized the air intake holes look so close to the top of the cap. How do you place your build, with the coils low and air ow hitting the top of the coils or is the underside of the cap concave and can slightly put them high enough to hit the side of the coils?

It's a different cap that comes with the v2 mod, the mod is 24mm so they made a matching cap that you put on your old tugboat rda similar to the slam cap. The slam caps you buy separately are 22mm. The tugboat is really easy to build on you can get the coils up in front of the airflow holes without any problems.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Wow... I'm glad that mess turned out well for you. I think the new Tugboat Mod/RDA V2 splatters have slightly different dimensions. I remember reading that the mod is thicker, so it would make sense that the matching RDA/aftermarket add-ons would be as well. I'm glad you're happy with your Tugboat mod. I'm extremely happy as well. The newer copper cerakoted versions hit well! Only if I could sustain a fresh battery's quality of vape on the Tugboat, it would be used much more often than just at home.

Yep they're awesome, can't wait for the zombie splatter rda to get here to use with my v1 mod either. For the batteries I just carry a couple spares around with me in one of those plastic battery cases if i'm going to be out all day and leave them in my bag or my truck.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Well, still no tugboat. My tracking info hasn't updated past the whole preshipment info being sent to usps.

Flawless is claiming that usps has it and usps is claiming it was never received to ship out.

Great. :/

My Zombie Tugboat shipped out on Monday and I received it yesterday, USPS never updated until it was finally delivered. Same thing with my Aeolus it was shipped Monday and showed up today (Saturday) and didn't update until it was in my mailbox, both shipped from California. My 2 previous orders from Flawless showed up 2 days after the shipping notice but they were shipped priority. USPS priority is great but 1st class sucks..

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My Zombie Tugboat shipped out on Monday and I received it yesterday, USPS never updated until it was finally delivered. Same thing with my Aeolus it was shipped Monday and showed up today (Saturday) and didn't update until it was in my mailbox, both shipped from California. My 2 previous orders from Flawless showed up 2 days after the shipping notice but they were shipped priority. USPS priority is great but 1st class sucks..

Yeah, I got tracking info Monday with a 1-3 day estimate and when it still didn't come today, I decided to call.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

The tugboat, slammed cap, and v1 mod finally arrived this past Monday. USPS literally never updated. :/

Anyhow, I've used both the stock cap and slammed cap quite a bit the last few days. I'd say, the vape is VERY similar to the derringer with the slammed cap but having a little deeper juice well helps in avoiding over dripping. That being said, I've found that I prefer the stock cap. The slight resistance in the draw does make this atty shine flavor wise and when adjusting the airflow on the derringer to match with the same build, the derringer tends to get way too hot. I seem to get a comparable vape vapor density wise on a 6 wrap 24 gauge build in the tugboat as a 5 wrap 22 gauge build in the derringer (wide open to avoid the hot atty) making the ramp up time slightly, yet noticibly quicker. The build quality on the derringer is quite good but I think the build quality of the tugboat is just a hair better. The way the barrel sort of "snaps" onto the deck everytime is strangely satisfying.

Overall, I give the tugboat v2 two thumbs up and it has bumped my derringer into the number 2 spot in my favorite atty rotation.

84C36847-2321-4F23-8CFF-D42BCC12BCED_zps4fm6j9rw.jpg

Last edited:

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really want one of those Tugboat V2 mods but don't like that its a hybrid top cap.

I own a few hybrid and non hybrid mods and have to say, my brass cartel by infinite hits as hard as most of them. If you don't have one, you may give them a look. I have the brass and SS version as I like the conductivity of the brass top and button on the SS tube. Looks classy.

Sorry for the OT, OP.

Last edited:

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
I only have a tugboat v1 and v2 for mechs both hybrids, it doesn't bother me but I did manage to short the v2 using a clone on it. It heated up so fast it collapsed the spring but in the end it's funny it actually made it better the spring was quite stiff before. It's much smoother now after I stretched it back out. I only use attys with long centerpins on them now though, not taking any chances.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I only have a tugboat v1 and v2 for mechs both hybrids, it doesn't bother me but I did manage to short the v2 using a clone on it. It heated up so fast it collapsed the spring but in the end it's funny it actually made it better the spring was quite stiff before. It's much smoother now after I stretched it back out. I only use attys with long centerpins on them now though, not taking any chances.
See that's why I'm nervous about getting any mech with a hybrid cap. I would love the zombie splatter V2 but don't want to worry about anything. I guess if I only used my Tugboats (which I would) it would never be an issue?

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
As long as it's authentic no issue tugboat has a long pin, Aeolus v2 has a long pin. Pretty much you can tell just by looking at the pin if it's safe. It doesn't have to extend very much passed the threads, just enough that theres no chance of the battery touching them. I knew the pin was not safe that I was using but used it anyway because it was the only deck I had that would fit the top cap that comes with the mod and I was excited to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread