• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

TW Mega Tornado (carto & Attie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
1st Up
Do not confuse this with the Titan mega, totaly diferent.

a tornado with this fitted makes it the same lenth as a MK1 Screwdriver
with the carto its a shade smaller.

the atties and carto are whistle tipped and the same width as the battery. If you want to see some good pickys go to heavens gifts site and look for ego spares.

The attie working parts are all bigger, capacity, bridge, attie coil.
It takes some amount of liquid to fill. Still suffers from wicking problems but not as much as std atties.

Hint - you do not nead to buy the spare carts as the attie comes with one, you do have to fill it with fluval though.

On the whole (only one days use) it works realy well. I would say it produces more vapour with less effort than the std attie. Down sides are that it is very thirsty and the draw is a little light. If this one lasts 3 weeks I would buy it again.

The Cartomiser, well it dident work and is being sent back to place of purchace so cant realy say anything about it.

One thing that bugs me though is price. I could live with it if I had my option to buy from china BUT I noticed Heavens Gifts cant sell these to UK.

2.99 for a single carto is a bit steep. I can still buy 200 fags for £20 (at the market) so that makes vaping £1 a day more ???

aseeryl

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
UK
Got one of these (tornado mega cartomiser) to try a couple of days ago.

I'm using it on a home made passthrough and screwdriver (5v and 3.7v respectively). It's a big ....*r - twice as wide as a standard battery.

The screw connector is set deep but a 9xx to 8xx adaptor fits fine. But a second adaptor is required for the SD.

Good vapour, with easy draw, to start with, but volume drops off quite quickly and seems to me to last no better than a standard carto.

Refilling is nowhere near 2.5ml. I vaped to the point where there was virtually no vapor and refill was less than 2ml - HG website says 1.8ml is reasonable - sounds right.

You must use a syringe to refill through a small hole under the mouthpiece - no simple "condom" method can be used.

Resistance about 2.8ohms (same as my standard cartos) thus pretty thirsty and uses a lot of juice.

Can't see how these would last all day.

A novelty, but is it worth the extra cost? Maybe not depending on usage habit.I'm sure revisions and improvements will come - the rate of evolution of these things is fast.

Last edited:

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
2.99 for a single carto is a bit steep. I can still buy 200 fags for £20 (at the market) so that makes vaping £1 a day more ???

I don't get you mate. If it's just about money why don't you just buy the "200 fags for £20" (from the market) and a Chinese lighter ? ( Don't buy the British lighters. There really expensive ) A box of matches might be better. :unsure:
No more hassle having to worry about China or UK sellers. :)

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk

Surely you are not bearing in mind that they are refillable.

They do definitley vary carto to carto, but I have one customer reporting 8 days solid use and counting, from a single eGo cartomiser (identical to the Tornado one, if anyone doesn't know; both made by Joye). I have a feeling they've probably been lucky with that one though...

Anyway, here's a very comprehensive filling guide -

YouTube - Kalojado Review: eGo Cartomizer Review and Tutorial on How to Fill...

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I am the carto customer Toby speaks of. And yes, I used the XL cartomizer for 8 days solid, and during that time filled it repeatedly with 1.5 to 1.8ml of juice, no problem at all. I know it holds more than that, but when I did try 2ml it wasnt happy...

I just use pointed tweezers to get the top and inner seal out, syringe the juice in slowly, and replace the seals using the tweezers again, takes seconds..

I did stop using the cartomizer, but only because I wanted a change of juice, so am currently using an XL atty and cart.

aseeryl

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
UK
Following on, I got a tornado mega atomiser/cart from TW ot try.

Again, this seems to hold ~ 1.75-1.8 ml (+ supplied batting). Certainly nowhere near the 2.5ml advertised - with filler. At £10+ they're not a cheap option.

Resistance is again 2.5ohm and they work very well with lots of vapour etc. Performance is on a par with my favourite TW 801s ( these hold about1ml), but they do last longer than the standard. Still need adaptors to fit SD and PT.

I can see this becoming the new "at the computer" favourite. Hope it doesn't burn out too soon.

Pity they aren't half the price.

Last edited:

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Well a few weeks on and the mega attie is still doing well the tecc sale was a nice welcome home bonus orderd some more atties.

my take on the carto v the attie
the attie wins hands down better smoother vape much more satisfying than the cartos.

@ deewal, do you think £2.99 (at the time of writing) is good value for a use once disposable item? Now £1.50 works much better for me.
Also, the point I was making (if anyone had been on the heavens gifts site) was that these could not be bought by UK customers direct from china. mmmm I wonder why?

yes I know there are guides for refilling them but I dont think they were designed for that.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
This is my take on the TorneGo Mega atty:

29kvyp3.jpg

Not pretty but it works

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
very true on the looks side of things, Aparently the designer was the same guy that gave us the fiat multipla.
I just got another one yesterday. Alas build quality and consistancy is still an issue even with the big atties.
This one produces clowds of vapour but only when slightly dry, and the TH is very poor.
The other one I have likes to be realy wet and gives the throat a rigt good wallop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread