My journey to Mega Ego Carto, and back

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludiddy

May 31, 2010
Gladstone, MO
So how long does a battery last on the wetbox? I'm thinking of getting one. I currently use the V4L XL batts and cartos and absolutely love it compared to the volcano magma I have. While the magma is superb I just can't stand the hastle of refilling and stuffing the 510 carts and the mouthful of juice I always manage to get. BLAH!

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
The protected 14500 batt they use is rated at 900mAh while the 808XL is 380mAh to give you an idea. That's a difference of 520mAh, so in theory that would be an extra 5 hrs although you may get more/less.

I have a wetbox KR808 too with a 14500 battery and it says on it IMR14500 600mAh 3.7V. If more mAh means longer life, where can I get a 14500 at 900mAh ? :)

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I have a wetbox KR808 too with a 14500 battery and it says on it IMR14500 600mAh 3.7V. If more mAh means longer life, where can I get a 14500 at 900mAh ?

I got mine at mad vapes on this page. I think you have the 'high drain' batts. They have more volts but less mAh.

Last edited:

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Game, thank you soo much for this post!!! As a noob, I've been soo confused and debating...then pondering, etc. etc. LOL I really like my KR8, other than the battery...seems I'm constantly charging. I knew the Wetbox interested me when I saw Turbo's video on it before; then today I started thinking maybe an Ego was the way to go but all the atty's, carts and that stuff get me baffled. After reading your review, yeah, I now KNOW the Wetbox is my next step. (All your typing paid off for me atleast ;))

Now, Turbo and Zurd, from your posts I'm taking it I can't just go to any ole' site, buy a Wetbox and they will all be the same. Is MadVapes the only site that carries the Wetbox with the "better" battery?

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Now, Turbo and Zurd, from your posts I'm taking it I can't just go to any ole' site, buy a Wetbox and they will all be the same. Is MadVapes the only site that carries the Wetbox with the "better" battery?

Not sure about this but I think all wetbox are the same because just the name is a US patent pending, as far as I know they all come from missy, it only depends what kind of battery you put in it I guess as long as it's a 14500 one, but maybe someone else could confirm this ;)

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Not sure about this but I think all wetbox are the same because just the name is a US patent pending, as far as I know they all come from missy, it only depends what kind of battery you put in it I guess as long as it's a 14500 one, but maybe someone else could confirm this

You are correct and 'Free2Bme', Madvapes carries the batteries and not the Wetbox itself. Nhaler, Clouds of Vapor and Vapor Junction are a few places that carry it.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Very entertaining read. Just got mine. I dont have a syringe so I am having to use the cap to fill it its very messy. But I ordered a syringe so it should be a peiece of cake after that. I ordered two just to see if I liked the feel of it and so far so good. Now I think I am going to have to place an order or the warrantied janty Xl atomizer and cart.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Glad you guys liked the review.. Again, the nice thing about the wetbox is you do not have to carry equipment really... just the wetbox, and you have over 3ml of juice...

I'm just using my wetbox for 3 days now, but I do carry another battery and another bottle of juice of extra with me all the time, just in case I get bored of using the same juice over and over, actually it didn't happened yet, but who knows... ;)

Up to now the wetbox is really awesome and the battery only takes like 2 hours to recharge, I find this to be very very fast, no need to recharge them over night.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I had a nice e-mail exchange with Missy yesterday. She seems like a very nice person and loves discussing how to use and take care of the WetBox.

She does something I never even thought of trying: She fills a carto with one flavor of juice, and loads the squeeze bottle with another. That way she can "mix" the two flavors together to get an entirely different taste. Gonna have to try that....

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
She does something I never even thought of trying: She fills a carto with one flavor of juice, and loads the squeeze bottle with another. That way she can "mix" the two flavors together to get an entirely different taste. Gonna have to try that....

I did it and it wasn't planned, my bottles/cartomizers just got mixed together, but I swear this new tobacco/apple is very good, I think I'll get all my old bottles that I ain't using and try to mix them with other juices, that way I won't lose the money I used to bought them ;)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Game, thank you for the review. I just ordered a KR8 WetBox and I see you mention the V4L cool cartos not working well on it. You suggested their Premium cartos but all I see on V4L site in the blanks is the WOWs (and the coolcarts that I already have). Are the WOWs what you are talking about? And if not, has anyone tried them on the WetBox? I have no idea of the hole size difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
Dang you for making want a wetbox! ;) I'm currently very happy with my eGo, but I appreciate where you're coming from and ejoyed reading your post. :)

Want to sell one of your 4 wetboxes?

Game, thank you for the review. I just ordered a KR8 WetBox and I see you mention the V4L cool cartos not working well on it. You suggested their Premium cartos but all I see on V4L site in the blanks is the WOWs (and the coolcarts that I already have). Are the WOWs what you are talking about? And if not, has anyone tried them on the WetBox? I have no idea of the hole size difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

where did you get your wetbox from? i would like to get one.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have the 510 and the Ego. The Ego battery life is so good and the thick vapor I get just cured the desire to try anything else. I use the Mega carts with the Blue Foam Dart mod and get great juice feed to the atty without leakage. I did have to experiment with the size of the blue foam plug to balance vapor production with leakage. Once I got the right size plug life was good.

The nice part about the BFD mod is that you can refill at a stop light without removing the BFD. At home, I go ahead and remove the plug with tweezers for a quick fill, but dropping a few drops at a stop light or parking lot is enough to get me back in business. I carry one small bottle in the car and I'm good for the day.

I am noticing that my Ego batts are starting to lose the charge a little quicker after about 6 weeks of use. I'm still getting an all day charge, but when new they went a lot longer. Maybe they are broken in and settling down to 6 or 8 hours instead of 12.

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
If you like the "tobacco\apple" flavor you should try my favorite, Kentucky Applewood Blend. Best taste on the planet. It can be found here.
Kentucky Applewood Blend

I did it and it wasn't planned, my bottles/cartomizers just got mixed together, but I swear this new tobacco/apple is very good, I think I'll get all my old bottles that I ain't using and try to mix them with other juices, that way I won't lose the money I used to bought them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread