twisp clearo vs kangertech evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

slade22

Apr 1, 2014
Johannesburg
Hi started vaping three weeks ago with a twisp clearo using twisp e juice. Hooked on vaping! Did not enjoy the constant mouthful of juice though using the twisp and concerns of not letting it lie on the side so after much research I purchased a kangertech evod starter kit which arrived today. I filled it with the twisp e juice and have to say im quite disappointed. The evod does not produce nearly as much vapour and throat hit as the clearo. Based on my research I expected it to be more than the twisp. Has anyone had a similar experience and is there any advice to possibly get the evod to outperform twisp, love the evod design?? Any help appreciated!

VapoKev

Mar 18, 2014
Illinois, USA
The battery that comes with the Kanger Evod kit is 3.7 volts. At that voltage, an atomizer coil of about 2.0 - 2.2 ohms works quite well in providing a good vape, at least for me. Unfortunately, for some inexplicable reason, Kanger sends out the Evod kits with 2.5 ohm atomizers, which is too much resistance, even according to the little chart about volts and ohms they include in the kit. I also found the performance of my Kanger Evod inadequate with the 2.5 atomizer. I think if you try it with a lower resistance atomizer you may be quite happy with its performance, as I am now with mine.

slade22

Apr 1, 2014
Johannesburg
Thanks for the quick responses! The juice is 50/50 and the spec EVOD Battery Details:.650 mAh high-quality EGO battery with chrome thread Has a gold/silver button (different with other button)5 clicks systemWhite light Metal battery tip EVOD Clearomizer Details:1.5 ml contents1.4~3.0 ohm coil head Minimum 500 real puffs 50-80 times refilling life

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Twisp look interesting. I have no idea if the price is good or not.

Evods are fairly strong performers, but a lot will depend on the resistance of the atomizer head. I'd expect most evod kits to come with 2.2 or 2.5 ohm atomizers.

Neither of those is likely to make an impressive vapour unless you have a variable power/volt/watt battery.

If the battery is fairly well charged, that would offer vaping under 7 watts, even with the 2.2. Not great.... could explain it. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread