I'm new :) ! KangerTech Top Evod Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peskyfox97

Jun 16, 2020
Hello all, I'm newer to vaping.

I started using juul at the beginning of the year, but I just invested in a KangerTech Top Evod for more flavor customization. So far, my experience is good, but I have an issue with the mouthpiece. I feel because it's so small and narrow, I have a difficult time drawing/hitting. Plus, since I used Juul, the smaller mouthpiece just feels awkward.

I'm curious how, or if, I can change the mouthpiece for my vaping device? Perhaps to something larger, perhaps wider as well, similar to a Juul Pod mouthpiece? I'd appreciate any kind of advice!

Thanks!
Steph

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Try a different system. That is a kit and very limited in adaptability. Inexpensive but if not what you are looking for try another.

This is probably more suitable to what you are looking for. It is a pod a little more in cost but still inexpensive.

Aegis Pod

Well built, good amount of vapor, good flavor and built like a tank
ageis-color-01.png

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
It looks like it uses a 510 size drip tip. If you have a vape shope nearby ask them about driptips. They come in various shapes and sizes.

Kanger Top eVod Kit the last picture shows the driptip

Differing inside dimensions may affect flavor by allowing more or less air to pass through. It has to be 510, 810 is too big and will not fit.

Good Luck and Welcome to ECF!

Peskyfox97

Jun 16, 2020
Try a different system. That is a kit and very limited in adaptability. Inexpensive but if not what you are looking for try another.

This is probably more suitable to what you are looking for. It is a pod a little more in cost but still inexpensive.

Aegis Pod

Thank you so much for you reply Beamslider! Judging by the Aegis Pod's style, I think I'd like it more as well. I'll definitely look into getting one!

Also, I did see a "customizable piece" online* that is potentially compatible with the EVOD, but I'm still super new to all of this and wasn't really sure what I was looking at. The mouthpiece slides fits right onto the tank's top cover, so this looked promising, but do I really want to wait 4 to 5 days for something that may end up not working? So, yes, I think it may be better to switch to something else that is similar to what I was originally using.
*Flat Aluminum Drip Tip
Thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Peskyfox97

Jun 16, 2020
It looks like it uses a 510 size drip tip. If you have a vape shope nearby ask them about driptips. They come in various shapes and sizes.

Kanger Top eVod Kit the last picture shows the driptip

Differing inside dimensions may affect flavor by allowing more or less air to pass through. It has to be 510, 810 is too big and will not fit.

Good Luck and Welcome to ECF!
Thank you for your response CagedSpam! I tried to do some researching prior and found: Flat Aluminum Drip Tip
So this should be compatible with my device, as it's 510?

Thanks,
Steph

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Enjoy your e-vod and move on (that Aegis looks good) Really, you will be so much happier and besides you need a backup (you never know) and the e-vod could be your backup device. There is a forum just on pods... check it out (I have a couple but only for carry around and "vooping"... don't ask ;) )

• Agree
Reactions: Peskyfox97

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Hey Steph, Welcome!
    There’s a huge variety of “510 drip tips” super cheap on eBay. Be sure to check that it’s a US seller, delivery time and free ship. Anything that says 510 is universal on vapes. You’ll be able to pop one out and pop in another.

Good job on the switch, you’ll save a bunch of money if you hang around here and read a bit. Tons of get info here :)
    Deb

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Oh as ALL drip tips are not created equal you may get a 510 tip that may not be completely exact that may wobble or not sit flush on top, in which case, wrapping some dental floss around the drip tip end is usually the cheapest way to get a drip tip to sit if it will not.

IDK really the only tip you have tried, well it's a Juul. There are about a jillion tips to choose from so you may want to check out how some of them may vape, less or more restricted, etc. Or they are pretty inexpensive so you may want to try a few cheaper ones in cheaper materials to see what shapes feel good to you. Keep the other ones my guess is the Evod may not be your last mod.

Pods can be good, I personally am not a fan but they are getting better all the time and many are now refillable or even made with an RBA head (where you change the coil yourself.)

So poke around and see what you find, not just in pods but see what appeals overall. Some vapers have pods for stealth and more traditional mods and tanks for at home use, etc.

Finally- welcome! I am sorry I gave you the wrong answer earlier!

Anna

Peskyfox97

Jun 16, 2020
    Oh as ALL drip tips are not created equal you may get a 510 tip that may not be completely exact that may wobble or not sit flush on top, in which case, wrapping some dental floss around the drip tip end is usually the cheapest way to get a drip tip to sit if it will not.

IDK really the only tip you have tried, well it's a Juul. There are about a jillion tips to choose from so you may want to check out how some of them may vape, less or more restricted, etc. Or they are pretty inexpensive so you may want to try a few cheaper ones in cheaper materials to see what shapes feel good to you. Keep the other ones my guess is the Evod may not be your last mod.

Pods can be good, I personally am not a fan but they are getting better all the time and many are now refillable or even made with an RBA head (where you change the coil yourself.)

So poke around and see what you find, not just in pods but see what appeals overall. Some vapers have pods for stealth and more traditional mods and tanks for at home use, etc.

Finally- welcome! I am sorry I gave you the wrong answer earlier!

Anna
    No worries Anna! I decided to buy the Aluminum Drip Tip that I linked prior as well as the Aegis Pod since they were both on myvaporstore site. My boyfriend uses a Juul and is interested in changing to something else, I think he'll like the Aegis Pod a lot.

I'll update if the Aluminum Drip Tip ends up working.

And thanks to everyone for the welcomes and greetings, and for replying so quickly to my post. It means a lot!

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I tried to do some researching prior and found: Flat Aluminum Drip Tip
    So this should be compatible with my device, as it's 510?
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might want to give these folks a call and confirm Top Evod Tank acceptance of a standard "510 Drip tip" fit.
    Unique Vape Drip Tips & e-Cig Mouthpiece - Wood, Glass & More
    Some folks like metal tips. More folks tend to lean toward non metal like plastic (resin) composites or my favorite wood.
    510 / 808 / 901 Drip Tips : L Js E-Smokes, Premium E-Liquids and Vaping Supplies, Electronic Cigarettes and Vape Accessories

Peskyfox97

Jun 16, 2020
    Hello again!
    The Flat Aluminum Drip Tip came in today and it works well, fits perfectly! It feels far more comfortable now :) I also received my Aegis Pod!
    I tried to do some research yesterday, and if I'm correct, it seems the KangerTech Evod is more suitable for nic salt juices, so I may reserve it for that, or even gift it to my mother, who is a smoker. But the Aegis Pod is more powerful and is suitable for normal juice, which is fine with me! Excited to get my Air Factory Blue Razz for my Aegis, which is hopefully coming in Saturday :)

Thank you guys again for jumping in and helping me out ^^ !

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @Peskyfox97, I don't know if the Innokin Kroma R kit with the Zlide tank would be of interest?

It would be a considerable step up from what you're using and the Zlide tank does use a 510 drip tip, so you could change that out easily and you have the added ability to change the output to your preference.

Also the tank could easily be replaced with a Rebuildable Atomizer if needs be, as with looming regulations you may encounter issues with getting coils for tanks and also pods.

• Useful
    Reactions: Peskyfox97

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The Flat Aluminum Drip Tip came in today and it works well, fits perfectly! It feels far more comfortable now :) I also received my Aegis Pod!
    :thumbs: Good going... and glad we could help. There really is no difference between devices "made for salts" and those for "freebase"... it's just marketing BS. What matters is the VG/PG ratio (how thick the juice is)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread