TWO dead mods in under 24 hours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
Kingwood, TX
So basically what happened was I had my eVic VTwo charging yesterday as j always do. Only difference is once I tried to use it the screen was off and the mod was totally unresponsive. Completely dead. I tried a bunch of things to get it working with no success. So I got my back up mod out of the drawer and put my tank on it so I could use that one while I decided what to do. It's another VTwo. Well, I woke up this morning to see ANOTHER dead vtwo!!!

What the heck is killing these?!

It would have to be my charger I assume. The only other possibility is the tank. I have used the same charger and tank for a long time with no problems, though. I used the same charger and same tank on both mods that died.

I am soooo frustrated right now. Any ideas about the cause of this? And do you think it was the charger or the tank? At least if it's the charger that's not expensive to throw away like the tank is. Im not going to use that charger again, of course. But I'm also hesitant to use the tank in my other (and last) backup mod.

Please help! And sorry about the long read.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Looks like there is a Reset on the bottom also.
eVic VTwo - Joyetech
reset.JPG

Cheers
I

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Faaar in the back of my head, I remember something about the EVic devices:

It was said (I never tried it), that if you open the battery panel WHILE the device is charging through USB, a part of the chipset gets fried.

Now I don't know if you have a model with internal batteries or not, but that might be a possibility...

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
Kingwood, TX
Thank you guys for the replies. They are the ones with the internal batteries. I tried hooking it up to my computer and also resetting it. No luck.

I bought a new Aegis Mini today. But I'm so nervous about charging it. I just threw away the usb/adapter i used to charge the paperweights. But now how should I charge this Aegis mini? It came with a micro usb but it's tiny and there's no adapter. I have a few Samsung chargers around. I believe they are the fast chargers. I read they can be used for some mods but couldn't find any info about the Aegis. Is this safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread