TWO individuals -- SAME residence -- SAME computer -- HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I have had an account for quite some time. Early on this year (February+/- a month) my adult son 'Tom" who was living in his own home established an account. All was well while he lived in his home and I in mine and both used our respective computers. In August he lost his dear wife of 44 years. It devastated him and he could not find comfort staying in their now empty home where they resided for over 42 years.

I suggested that rather than selling his home he come stay with me for a while - until the loss of his wife was a bit easier emotionally. So ........ he did just that; now he and I spend time reminiscing about the good times when we were both much younger and life was more than memories and a computer pathway to the world. I am pushing 90 and he 62 - and there were many a good memory for both.

OK. Enough with the sob-story and on to the problem for which I have found no answer. That is not to say no answer exists - but I have simply not located one. Thus I turn to " SITE FEEDBACK AND HELP" in hopes of receiving guidance.

As I noted above - I have been an ECF member for quite some time; my son Tom only since around February of this year. The problem is simply this: My son signed on to ECF using my computer. Everything worked as it had previously - until suddenly he found HIS account "Fast and Furious" opened with a "message' saying, "Account Closed" supposedly due to his being a "duplicate account". It was further indicated that the "closing" would NEVER "expire". He was shocked - I was shocked and I must say it was disheartening to not only be accused of creating duplicate accounts, but convicted of same without any opportunity to offer my own insight.

I received a notification that: I had violated the TOS by creating more than one account. This is NOT the case; I created mine and mine ONLY. My son created his and his ONLY. It appears that once he signed on using MY computer the "system" flagged his account as a"duplicate" and it was closed. Then - I was given a warning about creating duplicate accounts; again - NOT so; all that happened was TWO individuals - each with their own account signing on to ECF VIA THE SAME COMPUTER - and now one account is deemed to be a "duplicate" and closed.

I am reasonably certain that 'we' are not the first to be punished for signing into ECF utilizing the same computer. The end result: The account "Fast and Furious" was closed - apparently without recourse. I was deemed to be the one who supposedly creating two accounts which is NOT the case. My query via the "Contact Us" form has thus far gone unanswered. I now respectfully request assistance from "RETIRED1" who appears to be the individual who closed the supposedly "DUPLICATE ACCOUNT" simply because two members used the same computer to partake in the forum.

I ramble ..... blame it on my rapidly approaching ninth decade on earth. While there may be a section dealing with this "two individuals - one computer' issue I cannot locate it; thus, I hope assistance will be forthcoming from either "RETIRED1" or another individual. I did nothing to violate the 'TOS' nor did my son. All either of us is guilty of is using the same computer to sign on to ECF.

Cordially,

Donald Robertson (Forum ID ...... Don Robertson) on my behalf as well as my son Tom (Fast And Furious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread