Two milestones: over 2000 cigarettes avoided and $500 not spent on Pall Malls

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I've just noticed two things in my sig... in a little over 7 weeks, I've avoided 2106 cigarettes and didn't spend $506.55.

Naturally, I can't say I've actually saved that much money (actually, I'm still in the minus column.) But, in my typical way of looking at things, if I'd have continued smoking, I could now have a bag of over 2000 nasty butts and 100 empty packs.

Look what $506.55 could get a person with vaping:

1 REO Grand: $134
1 Ali'i vv: $185
Money for supplies: $187.55
The fun of "smoking": priceless
Not actually smoking: priceless

PS: I've spent more than that... but then again, I don't count the first month when I still smoked a pack of week instead of two packs a day.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Thanks for the support. I thought about something else... PA charges an 8 cent tax on each cigarette, along with sales tax. So, that's $160 I didn't pay in taxes for the sole reason that I did something the Commonwealth didn't like... but eagerly accepted the profit. In addition to all the other benefits, add Sticking It To The Man.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Congrats TNT... =)

Is there a side story here? You're a member of the forum for 2 years but analog free for 7 weeks? Colour me curious. =)

Sorry... I didn't notice the question until now. The short version is that I bought a Njoy back in 2009, and the bottom line was "interesting... but ultimately too unreliable and expensive." When I found out earlier this year that the quality of e-cigs was way up and prices were way down (sort of -- I've taken to buying mods), I came back. The first month, I still smoked about a pack a week, but now it's two months without any cigarettes... and over 2500 avoided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread