Two problems advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
First one is I have a coil that is registering wrong. I use a cool fire 4 plus.

It is an aspire cleito. 4ohm coil. It registers really erratically. One moment it reads as. 52 then I unscrew the tank and it registers as .45.

Unscrew it again and maybe 5.3 then 4.6...

My two other tanks one the same and one Inokin sub-v both register correctly.

Second problem is with my double drip coil sauce strawberry banana waffle liquid.

No matter what wattage I vape it at in my other cleito tank that registers correctly it spits really hot. At 40 and 60 watts and anywhere between. It is high vg so shouldn't be doing it but it always has and I have 60ml I don't want to waste so need to find a solution...

Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
With your first problem, my guess is that coil has a short circuit. Prime a new coil and try it.

Not sure what is causing your second problem. What is the recommended wattage range of the coil? I personally find that fruit flavors do best at lower wattages than you are using. Spit back is usually a sympton of a flooded coil.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I read up about spitback and the advice was fire the atty for a moment before vaping. Seems to have done the trick. Also up the wattage. Will run through the liquid more but actually really brings out the caramelised banana in that liquid so cannot complain

The errant coil is now reading .43 so I'll keep giving it a chance though it is only vaping so so

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Coils, and not just SS do fluctuate wildly with heat, in fact I think that's how TC WORKS.

Kanthal, I always forget if it fluctuates MORE rapidly or less rapidly but that is why it can't do TC, apparently. Etc.

Your coil may or may not drop back down, but don't freak out if it does... or doesn't. That's not a huge change, it's not a big deal.

Anna

Reactions: Hotwire

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
With your first problem, my guess is that coil has a short circuit. Prime a new coil and try it.

Not sure what is causing your second problem. What is the recommended wattage range of the coil? I personally find that fruit flavors do best at lower wattages than you are using. Spit back is usually a sympton of a flooded coil.
And worn out coil. When spitback starts is because the cotton is worn and wicking too much.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
First one is I have a coil that is registering wrong. I use a cool fire 4 plus.

It is an aspire cleito. 4ohm coil. It registers really erratically. One moment it reads as. 52 then I unscrew the tank and it registers as .45.

Unscrew it again and maybe 5.3 then 4.6...

My two other tanks one the same and one Inokin sub-v both register correctly.

Second problem is with my double drip coil sauce strawberry banana waffle liquid.

No matter what wattage I vape it at in my other cleito tank that registers correctly it spits really hot. At 40 and 60 watts and anywhere between. It is high vg so shouldn't be doing it but it always has and I have 60ml I don't want to waste so need to find a solution...

Thanks

Play with the wattage and find the point where it doesn't spit and work from there. Remember that air flow determines the final heat of the vape. Start at 20W and work up to find the sweet spot for your juice.

If all else fails, clean the 510 threads to ensure good contact. A paper towel works. Use your fingernail to press the towel into the the 510 threads on the tank, rotate the tank, and clean them well, then twist up the towel and insert it into the mod's 510 thread and do the same thing there.

As others said, the resistance of coil wires, especially SS316, rise with heat. Air flow cools the coil to control spitting and popping. You have to find the balance point between heat, air flow, and juice feed. There's a sweet spot in there somewhere.

• Agree

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Is brand new cleito coil. This juice spat on the previous coil too.

Is just one of those liquids it's not spitting at 60 watts and tastes great that warm but a little harsh on my throat if I'm honest. Will get some mesh to put over top of tank as this is a nice liquid and i have 60ml of it so need a solution and read this is a good one

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread