Status
Not open for further replies.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Guys..

First let me tell you I have recently discovered Oddy; The Best Atty Eeeever IMHO! :)

Been so happy with my Oddy and Penny, and even my Ithaka, I haven't been posting much lately.. My vaping experience was going smooth, though!

Today, though, I happen to have a few questions for you gurus out there...

1. How often do you refill your Oddy? -Meaning, how much juice will you be able to fill once it's time for a refill; meaning, are you able to vape one tank, fully; half of it? Or what?

In my case, I noticed this will vary depending on a series of factors, such as the type of liquid; how new my coil is, etc; however, for the most part, I will only be able to vape ONE ml or so; ONE to 1,25, and then it's time to refill, because consistency and wicking mostly won't be the same, when the juice level goes down to the point where you can see it in the 'window'. -I use my oddy with Ithaka's upper cap, so in total it will fill 3 ml, but only one is fully vapeable, so to speak... As if I had to top up every ml...!

I think that when I'm going for Wrinkle's method (only wick on top, not on the sides..), it may be a bit more, but not that much...

Just wondering if you vaped differently, here... Is this standard or simply wierd?

-The only reason I could figure for this to make sense is that possibly, there is not enough liquid on top creating pressure and thus making liquid drain better... But wouldn't really know if this makes that much sense, after all..

Also opening the top screw a bit helps wicking and may make me vape a bit more...

OTOH, by that time (when juice level is getting down to the window/ below top cap) whenever I place my unit horizontally as to vape, then one channel may very well be out of liquid exposure, thus not wicking enough...

Again, am I the only one vaping just around a ml out of the 3 (or 2,5 I think in the original short mode...) here? Am I missing something guys? -Do you think my speculation on the reasons behind this may make sense, or not at all !??

2. On a similar note, I was also wondering why it was that liquid would still make it below the point where it can be in touch with the channels? -Meaning, why wouldn't the tank end immediately below the knut or so? -Is this so that when you lean your unit, you still get more surface of the side channels exposed to liquid !???

Please let me know what you think... Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I don't have any problem vaping all the juice in the Oddy at all. I'm using the original Oddy v2 without expansion set. I fill it to the top of the tank, or close to it, make any adjustments for feeding if need be, then vape until the flavor starts to taste weak and I know it's virtually empty. I usually vape two full tanks before cleaning/recoiling. Most of the time I'm using 70pg/30vg juice. Are you adjusting your feed control? What wick are you using? I use the sock 3mm from COV.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I also have no problems vaping till juice is gone. What I have noticed is as the juice gets lower I have to open the juice control more. I can only think that as the juice gets lower and more pressure or less, not sure, you need to open it more. You might also try tightening the small cap very slowly so as not to create too much of a vacuum especially if you are using the Ithaka cap, which is more pressurized than ODys. Try screwing it on slowly and after its snug, back it off again and tighten.

Ive also read many posts where people set up their Odys and dont open up the juice control and if they use thin juice its thin enough to let enough juice get into the wicks but later they experience dry hits / burning till they figured out they need to open up the juice control. Just some thoughts.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Thanks for the input guys... And I do play with the juice control, and also make sure coils and wicks are properly placed, etc, etc. While I am nowhere near a skilled person when it comes to coil-making, I do have some experience and I have that area covered, sort of. Cause I've noticed most times people wonder where the problem is, and actually it is there; their coils and wicks are not neet and tidy, so to speak. -I think I've also taken care of the other details; tried different wicks, etc, so... Mmm... Maybe the fact that I refill right after a ml or so is vaped, may have to do with the fact that the wicking, in my experience, is still there, just not the same... I mean, I could go on vaping, decently, but technically, wicking won't be that good as when the tank is full/ near full... Don't you notice at least a bit of a difference, here!?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think I see what might be a possible factor. I get the same thing happening when I vape certain juices, especially my tobaccos. I know this will happen with heavily sweet juices too. Are your coils getting really dirty? If your juice is "dirtier" it will slow down the vapour production and the taste will change before it gets empty.

Try using a very light flavour and if you have plain VG and PG try that and see if your results are different. Another thing could be that if you are using a mechanical PV the battery performance may be declining enough to affect the heat and slowing things down and again building some gunk faster. IF the battery looses enough wattage/voltage it will not burn off the juice as when newly set up.

I dont know if you have an inline multi meter to gauge the voltage when new and when you notice the change.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
I think I see what might be a possible factor. I get the same thing happening when I vape certain juices, especially my tobaccos. I know this will happen with heavily sweet juices too. Are your coils getting really dirty? If your juice is "dirtier" it will slow down the vapour production and the taste will change before it gets empty.

I think this may hit the nail... This factor or similar may very well be involved! ;)

Try using a very light flavour and if you have plain VG and PG try that and see if your results are different. Another thing could be that if you are using a mechanical PV the battery performance may be declining enough to affect the heat and slowing things down and again building some gunk faster. IF the battery looses enough wattage/voltage it will not burn off the juice as when newly set up.

I dont know if you have an inline multi meter to gauge the voltage when new and when you notice the change.

I've tried with different type of liquids, different VG-PG rates, and while results are different, still getting a similar not-so-powerful-vape-when-tank-is-not-full effect. Battery is not part of the equation, as the vape will be powerful again after refill with the same batt. However, I think that the fact I do use unkicked mechanical mods may be a factor here, because of what you mention of gunk building up faster as battery lowers its charge, and thus not wicking that well if tank is not full... But then again, tank not full will be the factor mostly. Will try to check, though, if with steady Wattage/ Voltage, this is compensated... ;)

Thanks, again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread