The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Shotgun

Discussion in 'The GG' started by revolver, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. revolver

revolver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    I feel exactly as you do when gaming you unlock a misterious weapon or ride; one you were never expecting to be so damn good... Only in this case, the Mistery Mod consists of the heart of an Oddy, in Penny's clothes... Yep, you heard that right! I inserted my Oddy into a Penny, and the result is... Well, let me say, simply amazing...! Perfection if I may add!

Unlocking this weapon of mass destruction just requieres a very simple recipe..

1 Oddy's Dripping Base;

1 Full cup of Oddy's base -with mouthpiece and all;

1 spoonful of Penny V2's 'jacket'!

And voilá!

I was afraid it may not wick well enough, as there was minimum room between base an walls, however, for some reason it ended up wicking PERFECTLY... It is in fact, such a perfect wicking atty that I think it is a 100% dripping-type of experience. Increased flavor, TH and whatnot! It is so good u cannot not try this! TRUST ME, it is thaaat goood!

I modded the mouthpiece of Oddy so it fitted, by reducing its lip, and also "tattooed" the body of the mouthpiece with curved lines so it helped wicking/ prevented air bubbles from happening... And for a badass look, heee! To my full surprise, not only did the mod wick but, hell, an entire new level of experience here; 100% full flavor, full intensified TH, etc... ! It's Oddy with brass knobs on, I'm telling ya!

Possibly the small space between base of Oddy, and inner walls of Penny (V2) tank is the reason for this enhanced experience, as it creates some sort of vacuum or similar effect which forces liquid down, in a very strong fashion! -To such a degree, that if you use only wick in one channel (as I would usually do), you may get flooding if you stop vaping, and you should open half to one turn, and then close when not vaping... I tell you, it is entirely dripping-based experience; fully!

GOTTA TRY THIS! :facepalm:

PS: The mouthpiece I used is Oddy's regular one which will end up looking too short, and that's badass, just adding to the hot look IMO, also... If fully opened it will flood as it would separate fully, however this is not necessary in practice as you'll need a similar-to-dripping rythm. Then tank will take 2 ml, but they'll vape FAAAAST!

Best atty ever. Period! :w00t:

2. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Pic or didn't happen

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. D Stanley Querfurth

D Stanley Querfurth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    Well done revolver !!! you can use penny v3 mouthpiece, it will be long enough and the threads match !!!
    greets
    Stan

p.s.penny v3 base will work too, if you can´t get a oddy dripper base ...

4. dutch onsea

dutch onsea Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    gent/Belgium
    Yes pics please, cause I can`t fully follow. Minimum room between the base and the walls? Don`t you mean between the rebuildable part and the walls?
    Let`s see how you did it and might give it a go. I love small tanks nowadays

5. somopoppy

somopoppy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I too would like some pics as I have all the parts but without instructions I'd be lost......but I do have a few days playtime free so maybe...!

6. D Stanley Querfurth

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    Oddy dripper base /Penelope v3 base have the threads that match Ithaka and ODDY rebuildable.
    the room between rebuldable/Mouthpiece and body is very small, i think thisis what he wanted to say.
    i just have a picture of Ithaka and penny v3 base, because i had no spare oddy rebuildable nor oddy dripper base.
    What is a perfect match, is oddy´s center post because it is shorter and should work better with the base, ithaka´s centerpost is way to long...
    [​IMG]

what i can´t imagine is the oddy mouthpiece in penny body ! does it work ? Ithaka mouthpiece won´t ! i use penny v3 mouthpiece ...

7. revolver

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    I'm sorry I expressed myself too much on the domestic side, so to speak, heee! Some rush typing there as well, and of course it sounded tricky to follow... However D Stanley beat me to it and has done a great job putting this into more technical/ accurate words... Thanks D Stanley! ;)

On the pics, don't kill me guys but I am busy and it is full with liquid and I am too anal about disassembling and taking pics anywhere (it should be in my "lab" following my rituals, heee!). Should have taken pics while I modded it, but didn't! I promise next time I change the coil I will... In the meantime, a pic of it running...! Looks cool as hell, doesn't it!? Heee!

V3 mouthpiece would definitely work as well, but I still have not received mine due to my local -totally biased- restrictions, in Argentina... Anytime soon, though! =/ Should make it any minute now!

Again, guys, now that D Stanley has detailed this, pleeeease try it, and you'll see! Fully dripping-based experience...! As we say in Argentina, va como trompada! Es un cañonazo! Ahahahahhhh!!! And it looks short & powerful! Right!?
    :2cool:
    IMG_20140331_131703.jpg

8. revolver

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Wait a second here guys...

I've just erased this post in which I detailed the items and everything... Because I noticed that D Stanley has thought about and posted this mod already, with all the options...

He also included pics detailing everything... !!! :thumb:

Basically it is a variation of this same mod, just that I use Oddy's rebuildable part instead of Ithaka's... And I think despite the difference between Oddy and Ithaka, both are likely to wrok similar when it comes to the effect of improved wicking similar to dripping experience, because I guess this is due to how close the side channels/ wick is to tube/ housing of Penny...

EDIT: Here is it... With pics and everything...

POSTED BY D STANLEY QUERFURTH in
    [h=1]Thread: GG compatibility & tips and tricks[/h]
    POST #84

-And please, GG LEGO MAN also let us know if you share my experience of this mod wicking so powerfully! Type of "dripping-sort-of-flow liquid rythm and style" :w00t:-

Possibly because of sort of vaccum effect or similar drain phenomena due to proximity between atty's channels of ceramic and tube... !?

9. D Stanley Querfurth

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    Hey,

you done a very good job here, and i am very interested in your findings, because i never did it with oddy or its mouthpiece !!!

stan

P.s. : and we need pictures of your build ! what about the center post ? should work perfect !
    P.s.s.: it vapes like hell ,lol !!!

10. dutch onsea

dutch onsea Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    gent/Belgium
    Problem is can't do no cutting of a center post. Will try this one out. anyone find a solution, let's hear about it, please

11. D Stanley Querfurth

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    you do not have to cut the center pin anymore!

1:take Ithaka rebuildable with the long center post and add a Just gg Lid from your just GG( but take out the (brass) center pin, because the longer Ithaka center pin will work as that part. *1

or

take oddyseus rebuildable instead !!!

12. D Stanley Querfurth

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    Oddyseus Rebuildable inside Penelope V3 Base/Oddyseus dripper Base (+ Body+ Mouthpiece---- Penelope V3)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.