Two Years? I almost lost track!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalrain

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Wow....Just noticed its been two years since i quit smoking. July 31st 2009 was the last time i lit up a smoke. I was a hardcore 2 pad smoker for 30+ years. Got my first ecig in July of 2009, and after about 3 weeks i slowly cut down to a few cigs a day, then august 1st 2009 was my first day ever without a cig. I never planned on quitting, just noticed the more i used the ecig, the less i wanted to smoke.

I started out with a crappy "smoke 51". After making all the rookie mistakes, i found this forum and tried some of the better ecigs at the time which made things a whole lot easier. I finally settled on the eGo 510 with LR cartos, which i still use today.

I've lowered my nic content to. Initially i used 36mg strength, lowering it slowly through the months to 4mg. I learned to make my own smoke juice so that saved a ton of money. I plan to be nic free in the future so it will be interesting to see if what happens with my pv habits then.

Smoking was a big part of my life...almost everything i did revolved around "the next cigarette"
( you hardcore smokers know what i'm talking about) Something i found that made it easier to quit was the fact that "I just had to say no to the first cigarette" I knew myself well enough to know that if i had just one...it wouldn't stop there. I can honestly say it took almost 9 months for the urge to totally go away.

Today, i can't even imagine smoking a cig....The lifelong monkey is off my back...funny how things can change...something that was so important to me during most of my adult life doesn't even get a second thought two years later. Go figure....Keep up the fight...and thank you for this forum...its been a lifesaver.

Metalrain

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Way to go, Metalrain! I'm thrilled for you.:)

04g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread