Type B eGo-T Atomizers are here

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I just got mine in and the first thing I did was blow out the primer. I then proceeded to pop the needle plate and wick off because I wanted to take a look at it. The needle plate looks to be exactly the same as the type A's but the wick looks to be a bit less fragile to me. It has some thicker strands and doesn't appear to have the loose fibers. Bear in mind though this was a virgin wick (that sounds soooooo wrong) and I have never taken a look at a new wick from the type A's before. After I put it all back together I gave it a hot water rinse and then proceeded to use it. After several drags I can tell what everyone is talking about. The sheer volume of vapor is almost overwhelming. TH is much improved but the flavor is about the same I would say. I really do enjoy it so far. The tanks on these things are massive. They really dwarf the type A's by a mile. I wasn't expecting them to be this big and they do hold a lot of juice. However mine seems to be a juice hog. I had it down to about a half a tank in five minutes. Granted I might not have gotten the wick back in correctly, I did find it slightly more tricky to get the needle plate and wick assembly back in. However it's not leaking at all so it could also be because it had no juice in it. All my type A's suck up a lot of juice when they are brand new and after I clean them and drain them. The one thing I do not like about this atty is how susceptible it seems to be to in regards to air flow. It wasn't drawing at all at first and then I noticed I was blocking one of the air slots at the battery end with my index finger. Also I notice that if I loosen it just slightly it lets in so much air that the vape is really weak. It really has to be screwed on tight, and I have to be careful how I hold it. The only other thing I don't like is how tight the tank is wedged in there. I like to rotate my tank in the atty a lot as I vape to get it into a comfortable position to hold and activate the button with my thumb. I can't do that with this system. All in all though, the vapor production and the TH are insane, and this really to me negates the negative aspects I have with it. I also don't see the point in ordering an LR when they come out (other than I still want to try one) as the performance on these has improved by leaps and bounds above the A. The only thing I am worried about now is if it proves to be a juice hog. If it keeps being this thirsty than I will try raising the wick up a bit and see if that helps.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
It seems everyone likes their TypeBs. I wonder what they did to improve the attys? Or is it the tank that makes all the difference? Anyone measured the resistance?....maybe these are LR attys because you do get more vapor, TH and flavor of the the Type A LR attys when compared to the normal EgoT attys.

All I know is I have been vaping a while now and the EgoT by far is the best vaporizer I have tried....so if the typeB performs better and doesn't caramelize the liquid....It is going to be a huge hit.

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It seems everyone likes their TypeBs. I wonder what they did to improve the attys? Or is it the tank that makes all the difference? Anyone measured the resistance?....maybe these are LR attys because you do get more vapor, TH and flavor of the the Type A LR attys when compared to the normal EgoT attys.

All I know is I have been vaping a while now and the EgoT by far is the best vaporizer I have tried....so if the typeB performs better and doesn't caramelize the liquid....It is going to be a huge hit.

Good point, I wonder if it will handle dark juices?

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Honestly, I think whats going on is that this atty is very good at drawing the vapor from the atty into your mouth. With the type A's I would take a couple of draws and notice vapor coming out of the mouthpiece for quite a while. With the B I am noticing that when I take a couple of draws I don't see much vapor (if any) coming out of the mouthpiece. I think it's just more efficient that way. Anyway, whatever it is going on with the mechanics of this thing,I like it so much I just bought two more.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Honestly, I think whats going on is that this atty is very good at drawing the vapor from the atty into your mouth. With the type A's I would take a couple of draws and notice vapor coming out of the mouthpiece for quite a while. With the B I am noticing that when I take a couple of draws I don't see much vapor (if any) coming out of the mouthpiece. I think it's just more efficient that way. Anyway, whatever it is going on with the mechanics of this thing,I like it so much I just bought two more.

The first thing I noticed was a bit tighter draw and more vapor and flavor as a result. The second one was not quite as tight as the first but still an improvement on the A types. Still no burnt residuals on the three I have going and except for the possibilty of an LR in the B type, I don't expect to see the darker colored ejuice at the end of a tank on these even on the unregulated SE Riva.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Wow! I got my Blue 1000 mAh Battery and Type B Atty today, the blue is sooooo sleek and magnificent!

On another note, I did clean the battery connector of some juice today on my black Batt with the type B on it. So I too will keep updates coming on the performance.

Nothing but SEVERE KUDOS to Vicki @ Cignot for her continued Amazing speed of delivery and the Personal Care and customer service she gives to each and every one of us.. :D

Nate

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
I was anxious to try one of these since I had moderate success using the original ego-t cone style until all three I had eventually leaked and I gave up on them. I have always used the regular ego cylinder atomizers with blue foam and hoped this would be as good if not better. Received one today, blew out the primer, pierced a cart, filled with 50/50 juice with a syringe and put cart on making sure it was fully seated. After priming and five minutes of vaping heaven I started getting the dreaded gurgle sound and had juice leaking all over my hand from the battery end. Okay, I'll try another cart. This time after piercing and spinning the cart to fully open the hole I took the cap off the cart and removed the tab from the cap. Filled, vaped for a couple of minutes and again had to stop because of serious leakage. Glad I only bought one.

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I must say I really like the type B tank. Very nice to fill once or at the very most twice a day for me. The whistle tip is a bit larger, and I actually like that too. Really good vapor, good flavor. It is a keeper!

The tank and atty seem to be of the exact same design as the originals tank system, albeit larger. That being said, I did have a bad atty out of the box. I know it would have been replaced, but decided to go commando on it and make our own wick following Simplecj's awesome instructions. Very nice.

Two other atty's are perfect out of the box.

I am perfectly happy if I get 4+ weeks from an atty. One atty per month for $15 is ok with me compared to the analogs I was burning up. I have gotten 6 weeks out of my regular type A tanks, and still vaping strong.

As a side note, I want to say Vicky at Cignot just rocks. She is an asset to us as customers. Quick shipment, responsive with customer service. This is not my first purchase from her, but it is always a pleasure.

So all in all, I am quite pleased.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Well, a little over a week in and my Type B atty is performing admirably, Had a couple juices taste a little burnt in it but I chalk that up to them being very very thick juice, (Cinnamon Roll being the thickest), I simply added a tiny amount of filtered water and it diluted it just enough to make it taste perfect and not give me the clogging. I also had my very first Type A atty die on me today, which is no biggie because it lasted quite some time, almost a month.

Nate

Curvychic

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
SE GA
I hadn't thought of adding water to thin the juices!! I have some Ms. T's juices that I've decided would be too thick for the tank so I usually drip them, but I'm going to give this a try. It would also stretch the juice a little. How much filtered water per mL did you add?
Well, a little over a week in and my Type B atty is performing admirably, Had a couple juices taste a little burnt in it but I chalk that up to them being very very thick juice, (Cinnamon Roll being the thickest), I simply added a tiny amount of filtered water and it diluted it just enough to make it taste perfect and not give me the clogging. I also had my very first Type A atty die on me today, which is no biggie because it lasted quite some time, almost a month.

Nate

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I hadn't thought of adding water to thin the juices!! I have some Ms. T's juices that I've decided would be too thick for the tank so I usually drip them, but I'm going to give this a try. It would also stretch the juice a little. How much filtered water per mL did you add?

Well I added about 0.4 ml to the tank itself to dilute it, so it has about 1.6 ml in it when I added it. Since it is supposed to be a 2.0 ml tank I am assuming that is the right number for how much juice was there.

Nate

Peg0325

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
Western PA
I just got my type B tanks today. (Thanks for the wonderful service and fabulous artwork, Cignot!) I really have to say that this is a huge improvement and things are really getting excellent around here. Type A tanks are okay, but just don't seem to feed enough juice into the atty. I always try to free up the surface tension in the tiny hole by tipping it upside down and back. Type B is feeding really well. Now, about cleaning these attys?? Can they be given the hot water bath and blow out? Anyone?

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I just got my type B tanks today. (Thanks for the wonderful service and fabulous artwork, Cignot!) I really have to say that this is a huge improvement and things are really getting excellent around here. Type A tanks are okay, but just don't seem to feed enough juice into the atty. I always try to free up the surface tension in the tiny hole by tipping it upside down and back. Type B is feeding really well. Now, about cleaning these attys?? Can they be given the hot water bath and blow out? Anyone?

They sure can :D I just heat some filtered water in the microwave and pour it straight through a few times until the juice smell is gone, blow out or spin out the excess with a taryn spiner I made for it out of some line and one of the covers for the tank. I have had it for over a week now and have only cleaned it out once and it still performs like a champ!

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread