The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Types of nicotine base liquid

Discussion in 'QC Research and Testing' started by rolygate, Nov 22, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hoogie76

hoogie76 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Definitely an interesting topic on color change. We did a bit of an experiment with some 10ml bottles to see what environment caused the most tanning of a liquid and in our simple test, light was the biggest factor.

VG content also seems to affect the 'pinkness' of a liquid as when we mix pure nic (clear to slightly tan) with VG (clear), we usually end up with a pinkish base. We don't get this with an all PG mix.

Check out towards the bottom of the newsletter for some pictures of our tanning test: https://www.madvapes.com/Newsletter-81911_b_5.html

hoog

2. Kurt

Kurt Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    @tona: Yes you are right. Oxided nic is no longer active nic, its gone. But it takes so little nic-oxide to color a liquid that the measured nic content will be almost the same as before oxidation. Of course, enough time will oxidize all the nic.

The pink is not an added indicator. At least I hope not! Don't want to be vaping indicator compounds. The color that compounds have, such as nic-oxides, are very sensitive to their chemical environment. As I said, I think the pink is oxides loosely combining with VG, or some flavor compounds, like vanilla. Sometimes my vanilla juices will pinken, and sometimes not. I haven't found the pattern. All my flavored juices are VG, so I have not observed the effect of PG. So far I've not had an unflavored nic liquid turn pink, but they do yellow after a bit.

@hoogie76: Thanks for the info!

3. Barto

Barto Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2011
    Kapetown
    Pretty cool study you've done there guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.