Types of nicotine base liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Definitely an interesting topic on color change. We did a bit of an experiment with some 10ml bottles to see what environment caused the most tanning of a liquid and in our simple test, light was the biggest factor.

VG content also seems to affect the 'pinkness' of a liquid as when we mix pure nic (clear to slightly tan) with VG (clear), we usually end up with a pinkish base. We don't get this with an all PG mix.

Check out towards the bottom of the newsletter for some pictures of our tanning test: https://www.madvapes.com/Newsletter-81911_b_5.html

hoog

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
@tona: Yes you are right. Oxided nic is no longer active nic, its gone. But it takes so little nic-oxide to color a liquid that the measured nic content will be almost the same as before oxidation. Of course, enough time will oxidize all the nic.

The pink is not an added indicator. At least I hope not! Don't want to be vaping indicator compounds. The color that compounds have, such as nic-oxides, are very sensitive to their chemical environment. As I said, I think the pink is oxides loosely combining with VG, or some flavor compounds, like vanilla. Sometimes my vanilla juices will pinken, and sometimes not. I haven't found the pattern. All my flavored juices are VG, so I have not observed the effect of PG. So far I've not had an unflavored nic liquid turn pink, but they do yellow after a bit.

@hoogie76: Thanks for the info!

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Definitely an interesting topic on color change. We did a bit of an experiment with some 10ml bottles to see what environment caused the most tanning of a liquid and in our simple test, light was the biggest factor.

VG content also seems to affect the 'pinkness' of a liquid as when we mix pure nic (clear to slightly tan) with VG (clear), we usually end up with a pinkish base. We don't get this with an all PG mix.

Check out towards the bottom of the newsletter for some pictures of our tanning test: https://www.madvapes.com/Newsletter-81911_b_5.html

hoog

Pretty cool study you've done there guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread