Status
Not open for further replies.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I have been vaping the manual 510 for close to 3 months now. I love it. Everything I ever wanted and expected from an e-cig. I just received the 801 atomizer VP2 mod from www.vaprlife.com. I can see I'm going to get pretty attached to the size of the 801 cart. This thing is well built and looks awesome. So if I can get this primer burned off this may be an interesting vape off to see who's the sledgehammer and who's the wrecking ball. Either way there's going to be a lot of bodies left in the wake.

Will post a review soon.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have been vaping the manual 510 for close to 3 months now. I love it. Everything I ever wanted and expected from an e-cig. I just received the 801 atomizer VP2 mod from www.vaprlife.com. I can see I'm going to get pretty attached to the size of the 801 cart. This thing is well built and looks awesome. So if I can get this primer burned off this may be an interesting vape off to see who's the sledgehammer and who's the wrecking ball. Either way there's going to be a lot of bodies left in the wake.

Will post a review soon.

I've seen this game :) A different player - Janty Stick but the same equipment.... 801 cart is impressive. And I've never really 'run out' on a single vaping session. It's what I take out on my tractor when mowing because I can still see the vapor in the wind. But I have 2 510 passthroughs and 3 other 510s loaded and ready at the computer and the living room and they have 'possession time' too. :) I like the varieties I have going - RY4 a JS exclusive, Cappuccino, Marlboro/Newport blend, JC's TennCure, Butterscotch (homemade) and some samples of Texas Prailines (from liquidexpress via dietsmokes) and a Dulcie? that Parked threw in on my last order.

Aug 11, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spammer

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Okay since I haven't had a chance to vape off like I wanted the last 2 days. I'll just update............the vp2 801 is just rocking ,,built well and performing like a dream. I'll give round 1 to the vp2 for looks. What appeared to be rough machining on the site was actual sweet texture based machining which provides great grip.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Okay since I got this thing I have'nt felt the need to bother with the 510(even though I've always loved the 510) I guess we got a knockout. So here's my review. I received the vp2 on Monday. It came well packaged with 2 900 mah batteries that last around 12 hours each for me, 2 801 atomizers, 5 cartridges, 15ml of juice and a battery/cart carrying case. All items were individually sealed.(I like that) I spent a day working the primer off the atty and have been using this bad boy almost exclusively ever since. I love to drip and tailpipe off the monster 801 atty. This thing puts out so much vapor I seriously have to put it down(a lot) I actually feel full. I can't vape as much which is great. I dropped my nic from 36mg to around 10mg 2 weeks ago and I am having no problems satisfying the urge.

The vp2 is well built. It is very solid, very sleek textured casing and everything fits well together. The connections are VERY solid(trust me but I won't say why I know). The only thing I thought might bother me was the height of the button. I was thinking of shaving it down, but I forgot about it the first day and it hasn't been any issue at all. It feels and operates just lovely IMO. The battery cap at the bottom has a small hole drilled in it which is going to make hanging it on a neck chain very easy, which is very important to me in my construction job. I can't pack it around in my back pocket/ or even leave it laying around for that matter.

If anyone is considering a mod, I have absolutely no qualms about recommending this device to anyone. Even though the 510 was all I ever needed. I never knew what I was missing.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If anyone is considering a mod, I have absolutely no qualms about recommending this device to anyone. Even though the 510 was all I ever needed. I never knew what I was missing.

I like the style. Just wondering.. from the picture, the battery charger is separate, so I'm guessing that there's no 'passthrough' aspect to the mod (one thing I like about the Janty Stick - there is). So... how long does one battery last for you?

disturbed1034

Jul 26, 2009
Kansas
Im a new vaper, only about three weeks, bought a mini first, then got a 510 and a 810 penstyle the next week because i had then done my research and needed juice anyway(and ofcourse got a little carried away, but these should be all i need)

For the first week of big use which was when i got the 510 and 810 i went back and forth a lot. but have got to the point where i love the 810 too much to bother with the 510.

510=harsher/warmer hit
but
810 is more vaper, longer battery life, and larger cartridge/longer vaping before topping off, and i enjoy the less harsh throat hit

Im still waiting on my variety pack of liquids so cant really say which gives better flavor. And i have got my 810 down on how to use (just get the filler stuck around the wick then drop 4-8 drops in and vaper is great and consistent without needing any cool modding tricks)

Im sure i would enjoy the 510 more (not necessarily more then 810 i mean though) if i used some of the mods(straw/teabag) to get the vaper going better, but why bother when i already love the 810 for now and enjoy the throat hit from 810 better.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I like the style. Just wondering.. from the picture, the battery charger is separate, so I'm guessing that there's no 'passthrough' aspect to the mod (one thing I like about the Janty Stick - there is). So... how long does one battery last for you?
I get a full day of vaping..........It's triple the size of the janty stick battery.
510 with out dought is the winner
I absolutely loved my 510 for 10-11 weeks and never wanted more, but I haven't picked it up since.(i may pack it into discreet locations). Cart size and battery life are just so much better and hassle free on the VP2

youngunner

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Tampa FL
Is the VP1 a modified Laser Pointer Mod? I was reading the Laser Pointer mod PV today and the casing for the VP1 and the Laser pointer look exactly the same (the dimples).

EDIT Again: The VP1 IS A very expensive Laser Pointer Mod+ with an LED attachment. LOL- ummmmmmmmmm, I'll go with the laser pointer MOD

Also on a side note im looking to upgrade to a higher voltage PV- are these VP style high voltage PVs? or are they 3.7?

EDIT:
Disturbed1034- Thats funny- I did the exact same thing- I ordered the 510 kit and a week later I ordered the Janty Kissbox- I wasn't really looking for an 801, but got the Kissbox at such a good deal that I had to get it. Now I rarely use the 510- I vape mostly on the 801.

I find I get alot more consistent vapor from the 801. The 510 hits great for 2-3 drags, then nothing- or maybe very light vapor. It very frustrating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread