Ufs -> 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
I've ordered from him on 2 separate occasions and got delivered both times with no problems. Works great plus I like the nice Polish stamps that come on the package.
Iv sent a few emails. First one got a response back with in one hour telling me he will have them next week( this week) and he will get back to me In 2h.. that was last week and iv yet to hear back. I hope he comes through with them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
You should get yours soon, it might just be lost in the mail system. Unless you have talked to him and he is sending a replacement to make up for you not getting it in the first place. He is a very honest and just wants the best for everyone, I'm sorry it's taking so long to get it.
its not your fault, silentt (thank you for your concern and intervention) and I guess its not even Bartosz for he sent me an email around 2 weeks ago stating that Polish mail messed up and the adapters ended up returning to him and that he re-sended to me the week b4 that. its just frustrating that I ordered it now close to 60 days and when I did I didn't even had an UFS. after that I ordered and received packages from Portugal and Italy... :cry:

Fuginazole

VAPOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
DALLAS
Im still waiting for the 2 I ordered 63 days ago. I even stopped checking the mailbox on a daily basis on the hopes it'd be the day it'd be here.

That is way too long!!! I actually was emailed back today by the guy who is getting them and he said he just got a batch and Im now a little worried about ordering one. On the other hand I know several people who had no issue but others that got one and it didnt fit correctly!! Really not sure if I should order one although this is exactly what I would love to have so I can use it with my provari and other mods!! Im so sorry that its taking so long for you to get yours, over 2 months is way too long to be waiting!!!! I hope it gets there soon!!!!!!!

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
I'm a big fan of these adapters since they allow me to use my UFS variable voltage while I'm waiting on the GG VV model. I have 2 of the adapters and use them on my Provari and it works great. The only problem I've ever had is the center section of both of the adapters that appears to be held in with a couple of drops of solder keeps coming out. I can pop them back in and they'll work for a day or 2 before coming out again. I'm wondering if it would cause any harm to put solder all around the edge of the center piece to hold in in more securely? Maybe Siarek has an answer for this. Thanks!!!
Smitty

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
It certainly wouldn't hurt to drop him an email about that smitty. It could be anything from the solder he is using now or whatnot but again, I'm sure he can tell us.

What would really be nice is to get him hooked up with a couple of resellers to keep some in stock. He could build as many as he felt comfortable with as he had time. It would take the varying wait times out of the mix.

A reseller would either have stock or not. Since no one else is making this item in quantity, it would sure simplify scoring one for users.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
The only problem I've ever had is the center section of both of the adapters that appears to be held in with a couple of drops of solder keeps coming out. I can pop them back in and they'll work for a day or 2 before coming out again. I'm wondering if it would cause any harm to put solder all around the edge of the center piece to hold in in more securely?

I also had some problems with the adapter:
The threading was cut rather rough, so I could screw it only a quarter turn into my UFS, and so didn't get an electrical contact until a friend overworked and polished it up for me.

I had both problems.

For the press-fitted center part, I sweated solder along the seam as best I could, and dripped a drop into the cutaway segments of the side center ring. I let someone borrow my UFS and adapter or I'd take a picture and show you. But basically the side center ring looks like ( ). I put a little solder in the blank space of the ring to brace the sides from flexing inward and allowing the manufactured center bit to detach from the fabricated outer bit. So now it looks more like (¯) if that makes sense.

For the rough threading, I ran the tip of an old pocket knife along the groove in the threading until it was smooth enough to screw into the UFS. You could probably do the same thing with a wire brush.

But after a little initial TLC, the adapter works like a charm.

Last edited:

Marst

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Austria
After the threading was polished now the center comes out, as described by rojo and smitty.
I'll have to fix this too.
Never the less I find it anoying that something is delivered in such an unusable state.
After all he takes 25USD + postage which is 1/4 of the complete UFS, where all the many parts do fit perfectly together without the customers need for reworking it from scratch.
By the way, to my reclamation I didn't even get any reply.
I'd wish Imeo would supply this UFS > 510 Adapter. Then at least it would work propperly.

Last edited:

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
Iv got one here that both pieces are apart and will not stay together at all. How are yall fixing this issue? I ordered two more thinking the one I got was bad.

Id love to see a gg made adaptor are these do work but not for long. Imeo please think about making one. I think a lot of people would get them if you did

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread