Ulrafire 18650 Power Drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
I don't have a tester on me at the moment, but I have two Utrafire 18650 batteries I use (singly) in my Indulgence V3. I have CE2 clearomizers and the odd thing I notice is that when I put the CE2's on my eGo they hit like a train. Put them on my Indulgence and I can barely get any vapor at times. The Ultrafire's claim to be high drain, but they feel week when vaping.

Would I get better vapor production with AW IMR 18650's?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The best thing to do is get yourself an Inexpensive DMM and test your battery.

It could also be that the Battery Conectors are Dirty. Try Cleaning them with a Q-Tip and some Rubbing Alcohol.

It could also be that the Center Post of your PV is pushed down Slightly or that the Center Post of the Carto is Pushed Up Slightly.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Definitely clean the center post and threads on the Indulgence.

Without the battery in the Indulgence, use a metal pick or bent bobby pin to reach in and slightly pull upward on the center pin; don't try to pull it too far and pull it out.

For this, I use the plunger from a 3 ml syringe, removing the top rubber seal. Remove the fluxomizer from the device, and remove the drip tip from the end. Hold on to the metal end of the fluxomizer (don't hold just the plastic tube), insert the little plunger and gently push on the seal and ceramic cup as if you were trying to push it out the bottom (not too hard) and you can see that you are able to push the little connector outward on the end of the clearmizer; just a little should do it. Put everything back together and try vaping.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If there's no gap than it means the Base of the CE2 is bottoming out Before the Center post of the CE2 does.

There are two solutions to fix this.

1 - Try to raise the Center post of your in your PV. This is tricky because it you touch the Center Post and the Threads at the same time you can short the Battery and Possible Damage the PV.

Be Very Careful. If you can take the Battery out of your PV you are safe but if you can't, like on an eGo, Be Very Careful.

2 - The other way to fix this problem is to File/Sand a Very Small amount of the Top of the Battery Connector on your PV. This is a Once and Forever fix so think about.

Before you do anything you should screw in Every CE2 that you own, and Every Carto/Atty for that matter and check the Gap.

It could be that it is just One CE2 that is the Problem. In that Case, Option #2 would not be advised.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
If there's no gap than it means the Base of the CE2 is bottoming out Before the Center post of the CE2 does.

There are two solutions to fix this.

1 - Try to raise the Center post of your in your PV. This is tricky because it you touch the Center Post and the Threads at the same time you can short the Battery and Possible Damage the PV.

Be Very Careful. If you can take the Battery out of your PV you are safe but if you can't, like on an eGo, Be Very Careful.

2 - The other way to fix this problem is to File/Sand a Very Small amount of the Top of the Battery Connector on your PV. This is a Once and Forever fix so think about.

Before you do anything you should screw in Every CE2 that you own, and Every Carto/Atty for that matter and check the Gap.

It could be that it is just One CE2 that is the Problem. In that Case, Option #2 would not be advised.

Awesome, thanks. I think MV has a little spacer you can get too.

I'll check it out when I get home.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Awesome, thanks. I think MV has a little spacer you can get too.

I'll check it out when I get home.

That is actually a Very Good Option Also. A Very Thin Magnetic Spacer should do the Trick.

Like I said though. Be Very Careful when dealing with a PV that you Can Not take the Battery out.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Definitely clean the center post and threads on the Indulgence.

Without the battery in the Indulgence, use a metal pick or bent bobby pin to reach in and slightly pull upward on the center pin; don't try to pull it too far and pull it out.

For this, I use the plunger from a 3 ml syringe, removing the top rubber seal. Remove the fluxomizer from the device, and remove the drip tip from the end. Hold on to the metal end of the fluxomizer (don't hold just the plastic tube), insert the little plunger and gently push on the seal and ceramic cup as if you were trying to push it out the bottom (not too hard) and you can see that you are able to push the little connector outward on the end of the clearmizer; just a little should do it. Put everything back together and try vaping.

That made quite a difference. I had no idea is was that easy to move the center pin down. Thanks.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
I think this may have been my fault. When I tweaked my CE2's, I pulled out some of the stoppers. Without those stoppers pressing against the ceramic piece, there's no pressure to push down on the center post so it gets shoved up too high. I put the stoppers back in and made sure the drip tip was pressing down on them and putting pressure on the center piece which in turn pushes the center pin out where it's supposed to be.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think this may have been my fault. When I tweaked my CE2's, I pulled out some of the stoppers. Without those stoppers pressing against the ceramic piece, there's no pressure to push down on the center post so it gets shoved up too high. I put the stoppers back in and made sure the drip tip was pressing down on them and putting pressure on the center piece which in turn pushes the center pin out where it's supposed to be.

Something that I found can happen is when you pull out the "Cup Seal" that it can pull the entire guts of a CE2 up. This causes the Center Post of the CE2 to sometime not make a Good Contact with the Battery Connector Center Post.

If you take something like the Head of a Dry Wall Screw that is about the same size as the I.D. of the CE2 Tube it is easy to push down on the Ceramic Cup to get everything back they way it should be. Just put the Battery end of the CE2 on something Flat and push down on the Ceramic Cup.

Sounds like you back in Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread