Status
Not open for further replies.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
For those that know me, I'm the natural tobacco eliquid lover on ecf. I usually try as much of these as I can in order to contribute to a very limited eliquid market. The Plume Room released three of these tobacco (soon to be more from what I've read). I ordered these right away and was also sent a sample of Ultimate Expresso as well. I truly appreciate when vendors send out samples with their orders as it opens up the door to try new things.

Ultimate Expresso is described as "An intense, yet smooth, expresso blend with no "burnt coffee" taste. Deep coffee flavor and bold throat hit on inhale, rich expresso with a hint of cream on exhale. Fantastic all day vape."

Let me start with saying that I never go out of my way to get coffee vapes. I'm more than happy to have the real thing. It's that real tobacco flavor I miss and why I truly got into vaping. I went into this with very low expectations. I've tried about three other coffee eliquids in my life. Since this was a freebie, of course I had to try it.

I received this about a month ago and tried it right away. First impressions, it was pretty good. I opened it up tonight while watching tv with my wife. As I was using my syringe to drip into my carto, my wife looks at me and says "Is that coffee liquid? I can smell it." That's a pretty good sign if my wife can tell what this is by just the smell of me opening the bottle. That's never happened and I've been vaping for almost two years.

On to the review. The flavor is exactly as described. The coffee is strong but smooth. There are no artificial or fake flavors present. The flavor is a premium coffee rather than the more common coffee we've grown accustomed to at work. As also described there is no burnt flavor as well (sorry Starbucks lovers). On exhale there is the hint of cream as well. This isn't a foofoo coffee, this is straight up with a little bit of sweetness and a tiny bit of cream.

At 6mg, the throat hit is pretty strong. I'm definitely feeling it while I vape and afterwards. The vapor production is great as well.

Final thoughts, I really like this. I never expected to truly enjoy a coffee eliquid. Not only do I enjoy this but I probably will order this one in the future. Great flavor, great throat hit, and great vapor. An excellent eliquid that I must give a strong 9/10

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Wow, that is very cool. I too notice how going back to a juice is often times the best way to appreciate it. Sometimes I get so fixed on a flavor, so something different just does not hit my sweet spot! I will check out the Plume Room also, sounds like a great vape!

Ps, just went to the site, looks great, here is a link for those interested!
http://www.theplumeroom.com/

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
i would boycott it just because they spelled espresso with an X... as a former coffee industry guy... that on my top 10 list of pet peeves ;-)

in any case... always great reviews from you luceblueboy...

Thanks for the props lasttango and thanks to Hottody for linking to the site. totally forgot that in my review

melissafara

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Nisswa, MN
i would boycott it just because they spelled espresso with an X... as a former coffee industry guy... that on my top 10 list of pet peeves ;-)

in any case... always great reviews from you luceblueboy...

That seems like a logical reason to boycott someone.
Because of their ‘Out of the Box’, ‘Original’ thinking to distinguish their product.

It’s like posting on a vapor site with a cigarette in your mouth.

Hummm…

melissafara

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Nisswa, MN
I'll have to try out this coffee me-thinks

It is really good and I like my coffee a little sweet, so I did not think I would like this, but do!

Sometimes Andea will add sample of other items depending on how much you buy. Even new stuff not out yet.
You really cannot go wrong. And she has great sample packs too!

Enjoy!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Ah, I see we have some other curmudgeons on this thread. Greetings, fellow curms.

As I check my database before heading over to the Expobar Brewtus II double-boiler in my kitchen, to make my first cappuccino of the day by grinding City+ home-roasted El Salvadoran Cerros Los Ranas pulped natural beans on my Baratza Vario (that's off-topic just for Last Tango), I see that I have 47 kinds of coffee juices in my current stash, plus 15 coffee flavoring concentrates. And yes, any coffee geek (snob?) worth his/her salt would agree that whoever chose the name "eXpresso" for the juice in question obviously knows very little about coffee.

Anyway, of the coffee juices/flavorings I currently have, about half are swill and not worth vaping. Burnt coffee, stale coffee, candied coffee, off-tasting coffee, artificial coffee, instant coffee, or just plain weird coffee. Another quarter are OK, but nothing to write home about. But then, this is the vaping marketplace, which is chock full of retail juices and flavorings that someone apparently thought were good, but aren't. I know, taste is subjective. Well, come over to my apartment and I'll let you vape some coffee juices that will make your face scrunch up in disgust.

The last quarter---15 or so---are darned good, each in its own way: Black. With cream. Espresso/cappuccino/latte. Mellow/potent. Rich/clean. Whatever. I mean, what category do we use for VirginVapor Organic Kona Coffee Milkshake? I don't know, but it's sure tasty.

Nowadays, when I read a review that extols a coffee juice I haven't tried, I don't just take out my credit card. Been there, done that. And no offense meant toward luceblueboy, who is an esteemed member of our community and someone whose judgement I take seriously.

My point (long-winded as usual) is that before I buy yet another coffee eliquid, I'd like to know how it stacks up against the cream of my current crop, namely, Backwoods Brew Espresso or Copper Creek Coffee. It's got to be better than those for me to want to add another bottle to my already overgrown stash.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Nowadays, when I read a review that extols a coffee juice I haven't tried, I don't just take out my credit card. Been there, done that. And no offense meant toward luceblueboy, who is an esteemed member of our community and someone whose judgement I take seriously.

billherbst has a great point here. Let me be clear that I am not a coffee liquid expert in any means. I reviewed this because I didn't see this one reviewed yet and I write these as a way of saying thanks to vendor for shipping the samples (but I'm going to be as honest as possible). I really do like this one but my forte is with natural tobaccos. As with everyone else, my taste buds are unique. If a seasoned coffee eliquid/drinker comes along and says this is terrible, listen to them. (I mean that with all honesty)

Also, thanks billherbst for the compliments. I truly appreciate it and all you've done to help others here. If you get a chance to try this one, please tell us how it compares to your overgrown stash.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
mean, what category do we use for VirginVapor Organic Kona Coffee Milkshake? I don't know, but it's sure tasty.

My all time favorite e-juice. One word descriptions are best: satisfying, smooth, complex, semi-sweet, yummy

Backwoods Brew Espresso

I've not tried this one, but since you recommend it, it's now on my short list. I currently list VapeRite's Organic Double Espresso as one of my top 3 or 4 favorite e-juices. Have you tried it? VapeRite's Organic Kona Cream is very similar to Virgin Vapor's KVM (a close distance second place). KVM has the caramel side notes, VapeRite's version sidenotes more of a mocha. The aroma these juices and vapor produce is amazing.

Copper Creek Coffee.

Best, simple, authentic, dark roast, black coffee ever. I prefer to customize it with some Sweet Cream from MyFreedomSmokes.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I currently list VapeRite's Organic Double Espresso as one of my top 3 or 4 favorite e-juices. Have you tried it? VapeRite's Organic Kona Cream is very similar to Virgin Vapor's KVM (a close distance second place). KVM has the caramel side notes, VapeRite's version sidenotes more of a mocha. The aroma these juices and vapor produce is amazing.

Bad,

Yes, I have VapeRite Organic Espresso and Organic Kona Cream. They're good, but not as good (to me) as BWB Espresso, which is very thick (not in viscosity, just flavor).

Also, Sweet-Vapes Kona Cream and Kona Latte are noteworthy. Not as amazing as VV Kona Coffee Milkshake, but better as candidates for longer vaping sessions before palate exhaustion. As great as it is, I can vape KCM only for about ten minutes before I have to switch off to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread