Status
Not open for further replies.

stuvix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Guelph, Canada
Hey Guys,
I can't for the life of me find the discussion on maintenance, I know it's here somewhere, as I read the thread on cleaning atty's with baking soda and vinegar (great tip by the way). So I apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot.

Anyways, I've been seeing a lot of talk about these ultrasonic jewelry cleaners so I went and ordered one off eBay. It's just a cheap-o one from China, but it looks like it will do the trick. To date, I've been simply soaking (and gently shaking) my 510 and eGo-C atty's in 70% or 90% isopropyl and then allowing them to dry for 48 hours before use. This seems to work, but it's not great.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using alcohol in an ultrasonic cleaner. To me, it seems I'd be getting the best of both worlds, I'm just not sure if it's 'safe' to do so. I do realize it's a fire risk with the alcohol, and that fumes might be produced. I'm just not sure.

I seem to go through atty's like crazy. They never die on me, just the flavour turns to garbage after a week or so. What am I doing wrong?? I can never seem to get the eGo-C's back to their wonderful flavour production state, and the 510's are only slightly better. I aim to clean them once a week, but as I said, it just doesn't work well for me.

Thanks! :2cool:

Last edited:

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Is this the link you are looking for? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170725

I use ultrasonic cleaners with my atties and GGs all the time, and it works well. I wouldn't recommend alcohol in the ultrasonic bath as the water does get considerably hot if you do a lot of cycles with a lot of heavy items in it. You can find a lot of info in the thread linked above.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Hey Guys,
I can't for the life of me find the discussion on maintenance, I know it's here somewhere, as I read the thread on cleaning atty's with baking soda and vinegar (great tip by the way). So I apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot.

Anyways, I've been seeing a lot of talk about these ultrasonic jewelry cleaners so I went and ordered one off eBay. It's just a cheap-o one from China, but it looks like it will do the trick. To date, I've been simply soaking (and gently shaking) my 510 and eGo-C atty's in 70% or 90% isopropyl and then allowing them to dry for 48 hours before use. This seems to work, but it's not great.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using alcohol in an ultrasonic cleaner. To me, it seems I'd be getting the best of both worlds, I'm just not sure if it's 'safe' to do so. I do realize it's a fire risk with the alcohol, and that fumes might be produced. I'm just not sure.

I seem to go through atty's like crazy. They never die on me, just the flavour turns to garbage after a week or so. What am I doing wrong?? I can never seem to get the eGo-C's back to their wonderful flavour production state, and the 510's are only slightly better. I aim to clean them once a week, but as I said, it just doesn't work well for me.

Thanks! :2cool:

I've used alcohol, but I don't fill the whole cleaner. I put the alcohol (either vodka or 70% IPE) and cartos in a small dish, and then put that in the water in the cleaner. Works well, and no issues yet.

stuvix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Guelph, Canada
I've used alcohol, but I don't fill the whole cleaner. I put the alcohol (either vodka or 70% IPE) and cartos in a small dish, and then put that in the water in the cleaner. Works well, and no issues yet.

That's a very good idea! Speaking of cartos, I just started using them. Do you clean them the same as a 510 atty? I took one of my Smoktech 1.5 ohm carto and there's a bunch of filter stuff inside. Do you need to take that all out to clean them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread