un-oxidized wicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
So after reading this thread I just wrapped a new coil and new wick in my zap.

I did a 80 mm by 40 mm wick, 5 wrap 28g kanthal giving me about 1.3 ohms.

I'm finding the sweet spot on the provari to be about 4.0-4.2 volts.

My only question to current zap or any rba users is should the top cap get pretty hot with this setup? I like to chain vape and not really liking that my top cap is getting pretty hot when chain vaping. Just curious if this is normal.

Oh, I did take out the insulator to fit a thick wick like that. No quenching either just a juice burn about 3 times.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
So after reading this thread I just wrapped a new coil and new wick in my zap.

I did a 80 mm by 40 mm wick, 5 wrap 28g kanthal giving me about 1.3 ohms.

I'm finding the sweet spot on the provari to be about 4.0-4.2 volts.

My only question to current zap or any RBA users is should the top cap get pretty hot with this setup? I like to chain vape and not really liking that my top cap is getting pretty hot when chain vaping. Just curious if this is normal.

Oh, I did take out the insulator to fit a thick wick like that. No quenching either just a juice burn about 3 times.

Top caps can get pretty hot. It depends on the set up; big wicks and a small chamber, especially. My DIDs get very hot, with a 1/8" wick.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
Top caps can get pretty hot. It depends on the set up; big wicks and a small chamber, especially. My DIDs get very hot, with a 1/8" wick.
So this is a normal occurrence and nothing to be worried about?

With 32g the top cap did not get that hot, but again this 28g low resistance setup is giving me tons of vapor and alot more flavor.

Maybe 30g will give off less heat with limited flavor loss? Just trying to see which wire to choose for my liking.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
So this is a normal occurrence and nothing to be worried about?

With 32g the top cap did not get that hot, but again this 28g low resistance setup is giving me tons of vapor and alot more flavor.

Maybe 30g will give off less heat with limited flavor loss? Just trying to see which wire to choose for my liking.

I don't worry about it. I use 30g on my 1/8" wicks. Just don't put your lips on the top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread